It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Actually its been confirmed the Podesta group is under criminal investigation for doing the same thing manafort and gates got caught doing. It is why Tony Podesta resigned from his own company. The Podesta investigation was a direct result of investigating manafort.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Xcathdra
It looks like the Podesta brothers failed to report funds received from the same russian actors that were involved with manafort. Apparently they committed the same crime as Manafort and Gates - tax evation by failing to report income.

This is absolutely true.

See this thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No. It''s not absolutely true.

The Podesta Group has not been accused of the same money laundering scheme as Manafort and Gates...and John Podesta has not been involved since he began to work for Obama.

I fully admit that I misread that.

You are correct, The podesta group has not been accused of Tax evasion

The mueller indictment of manafort and gates does show that the podesta group, and to be fair Mercury LLC which is ran by a republican (I am looking more in to them, which if anyone has any info on them it would be welcome) knew they were working for the ukrainian government.

So they would be guilty of failing to register as a foreign lobby, but I see no evidence of tax evasion.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Once they’re next. Ohh boy.

edit on 30-10-2017 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Actually its been confirmed the Podesta group is under criminal investigation for doing the same thing manafort and gates got caught doing. It is why Tony Podesta resigned from his own company. The Podesta investigation was a direct result of investigating manafort.

That may be true, but it is not the same as you stated. The Podesta Group was not paid by the same "Russian actors" Manafort was involved with. They appear to have been paid by shady entities created by Manafort himself.

Also, I have not seen any charge of tax evasion by the Podesta Group. Only accusations that they were working for foreign nations, which would be a bit more accurate.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I fully admit that I misread that.

You are correct, The podesta group has not been accused of Tax evasion

Ok.

knew they were working for the ukrainian government.

We have yet to see anything that proves that for certain.

But we have been through that already.

The indictment itself is not completely specific on that.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We will just have to see where this investigation (and certain future investigations of Clinton, Podesta, Ukraine, Uranium1, etc) ends up.

Whatever the result is, it is sure to be illuminating.
edit on 10/30/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The only hang up you have is that when Mueller says he has emails showing Gates tole them the info would go tsraight to the "President", while they were doing lobbying work about the President of Ukraine and his enemy, that perhaps they thought it was a different president.

which is absurd.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

No, it has not been.

You even admitted the possibility that the email could, potentially, refer to someone else.

The only hang up you have is that when Mueller says he has emails showing Gates tole them the info would go tsraight to the "President", while they were doing lobbying work about the President of Ukraine and his enemy, that perhaps they thought it was a different president.

Considering that only one of the Companies were told of the direct relations their work was being done for, that creates a very reasonable doubt.

You cannot claim for a fact exactly what they knew and whom they were working for without a lot more context.

which is absurd.

I know. You keep contradicting yourself and fail to understand the small differences that matter when it comes to the legal system.

Good thing you do not practice law.
edit on 30-10-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

But you leftists can assert for more than a year that Trump is definitively guilty of some made up crime called "collusion with Russians" without any evidence or facts, right?

So I say to you:

You cannot claim for a fact exactly what they knew and whom they were working for without a lot more context.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

But you leftists can assert for more than a year that Trump is definitively guilty of some made up crime called "collusion with Russians" without any evidence or facts, right?

No. I cannot say and did not say he was definitely guilty of anything.

What sort of piss-poor argument is that supposed to be?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So you admit there is no evidence of any unlawful activities between Trump and individuals from Russia (or any other foreign nation)?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Today has been a McDonald's day for me.

I am loving it.

All of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

So you admit there is no evidence of any unlawful activities between Trump and individuals from Russia (or any other foreign nation)?

No. I admit that I have never said or asserted what you claimed in that ridiculous post, with any absolute certainty, even though I am a Leftist.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

/checks my pockets

i don't have it on me, but there's a great many things that exist in the world that fit that criterion

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lol this kinda crap is where my tax dollars are going... Throw them all in jail, man wow telling me we have crooks in dc who woulda thunk...

I bet a year from now millions more of our money will be wasted No ONE IMPORTANT will be in jail, and nothing to better the PEOPLE will have happened....

In the interim the morons with low iq’s will continue to be part of this bull crap..

Nothing like paying for the stories the corporate liberal media spins for more profits lol.

Rich getting richer poor getting poorer because the poor are still stupid......

Carry on with this important argument... the system is broken folks....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I bet a year from now millions more of our money will be wasted No ONE IMPORTANT will be in jail, and nothing to better the PEOPLE will have happened....

That is the problem.

We focus on the "important" people instead of focusing on those that actually commit crimes, backed by real evidence

It's like celebrity worship for politics, but on this site we throw in a bit of bat# conspiracy...hoping it sticks just a little.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Eh, that's your right. I disagree with many things you probably stand for, but I guess that's my right.

There was nothing ridiculous about my post. It was a generalization depicting what many leftists (especially on sites like DU, the mind numbing echo chamber of purity testing) have been saying about Trump for almost a year. Just after they finished mocking and deriding Trump supporters for expressing concerns the elections would be rigged (ie: non Citizens voting, foreign influence, etc) the Democrats changed their narrative to this Trump-Russia nonsense.

Nearly every (D) who hurls these accusations around does so in a way that proclaims it is a proven fact, as opposed to unsubstantiated innuendo and rumors. If you haven't personally engaged in such logical fallacies and blatant nonsense, then it obviously doesn't apply to you.

Otherwise, many of your other sky-screamers (yes, that's real) have no problem proclaiming that the Trump/Russia nonsense is a proven and settled issue. Despite the fact that this current investigation has nothing to do with Trump/Russia, but foreign influence and corruption matters not to MOST leftists.

Too busy burying their heads in echo chambers like DU and Buzzfeed I guess. In any case, at least you're on ATS which means you at least have an open enough mind to read opposing points of view. So, thumbs up for that

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It’s corrupt...

Underlings may goto jail, for whatever law written they broke that is convenient. It’s a facade. The people’s biggest concern right now is why the soviets and their influence is so close to our federal government.....

Period nothing else, that would be my demand....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Would Mueller coerce Manafort into making up false accusations, just so he could "save face", by indicting more people? Mueller would have to get more than Manafort, after spending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars.

The only false accusations I've seen thrown around are coming out of Trump's own desperate mouth. Manafort isn't going to be throwing around false accusations. He is going to be singing like a songbird about every delicious detail of the treason he and Hair Furor perpetrated. Gates might sing louder because he has so much more to lose.

That's not even counting Papadolpolus, who was actually a bit of a surprise. And there are still sealed indictments that haven't been opened.

No wonder the poor fat orange piggy is having a hysterical meltdown and his goons are all lawyering up. I wonder what he's gonna do when people start flipping on him.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No wonder the poor fat orange piggy is having a hysterical meltdown and his goons are all lawyering up.

This is why no-one is listening to your raving. You do not have any decency.

All you have in fact is an ability to call people names and that is at the grade school level.

P

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join