It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are absolutely no details on this yet except that it's being reported by CNN that the first charges have been filed in the Mueller investigation.

Shimon Prokupecz on Twitter

Breaking now on CNN: First charges in the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller have been filed in sealed indictments.
8:29 PM - 27 Oct 2017

They're discussing it on CNN right now. Shimon Prokupecz's colleague, Evan Perez, seems to be indicating that multiple people may have been charged.

I'm betting the charges are against Manafort. The timing of events around this is also interesting. I wonder if somebody tipped the admin/GOP that somebody was about to be charged and they pulled the trigger on what looks to be, in my opinion, a coordinated effort to drop this updated Rosatom narrative.

Looks like the third person involved in CNN's reporting is Pamela Brown.

EDIT:

They've published something about it on their site now.

Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Washington (CNN)A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

A spokesman for the special counsel's office declined to comment.

edit on 2017-10-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Excuse my ignorance, and not sure if it was truth or not, but Wasn't Mueller looking at Clinton recently?

This could be rather interesting, no matter which way it goes.

Wonder if Riots will be forth-coming?

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Watching AC360 now, it appears the exercise is speculation as to who the charges have been filed against (ranging from individuals to a campaign) and what the consequential effect of same could be.

Comments from Jeffery Toobin (CNN legal expert) suggest the 1st indictments are designed to target individuals who may spill the beans on the bigger fish. This will be interesting (to say the least!!)
edit on 27/10/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I personally think it's Manafort and possibly an associate like Rick Gates. I'm also going to speculate that it's a financial crime. Manafort is so effing dirty, from the start I couldn't imagine there was any way an investigation into him wouldn't result in some charges, even if it's got nothing to do with "collusion."

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Key word "your opinion." The fact is the uranium one deal was a straight up bribe and then cover up by the Obama admin. After Mueller finishes this investigation the Obamas and Clinton's should be next.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
There are absolutely no details on this yet except that it's being reported by CNN that the first charges have been filed in the Mueller investigation.

Shimon Prokupecz on Twitter

Breaking now on CNN: First charges in the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller have been filed in sealed indictments.
8:29 PM - 27 Oct 2017

They're discussing it on CNN right now. Shimon Prokupecz's colleague, Evan Perez, seems to be indicating that multiple people may have been charged.

I'm betting the charges are against Manafort. The timing of events around this is also interesting. I wonder if somebody tipped the admin/GOP that somebody was about to be charged and they pulled the trigger on what looks to be, in my opinion, a coordinated effort to drop this updated Rosatom narrative.

Looks like the third person involved in CNN's reporting is Pamela Brown.

Manafort was on the cards alright...is he in the country? I'm guessing that some may not be.

Damn, I was just getting interested in the JFK untold story!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Good it's like a pebble in water.Can't wait to see the ripples roll in the future from these 1st charges..

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Mueller is looking at everybody which is a good point. If it turns out to be somebody completely unexpected, I think everyone's heads might explode.

That said, Manafort was also raided a couple months ago and AFAIK, he's the only who has been subject to a raid. Manafort is also under another investigation in NY. I think if we were taking odds, it's Manafort by a mile.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So no names, speculation it is small fish, no indication what type of fish.

Fake News masters at CNN can speculate spin and cast shadows on whatever they want, this is their favorite stage in story development.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I will go with Manafort as well.

He appears to me to be about as slimy as you can get.

Could be Stone or Flynn or a combo.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

"Facts first"

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Yeah, that's my opinion? Just like this is your opinion:

"The fact is the uranium one deal was a straight up bribe and then cover up by the Obama admin."

And let's face it, you're probably not really prepared to make the arguments to defend your opinion so what on Earth on you trying to accomplish?

EDIT:

But good job identifying your opinion as "fact" btw. Nothing ironic about that post at all.

edit on 2017-10-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Key word "your opinion." The fact is the uranium one deal was a straight up bribe and then cover up by the Obama admin.

That's a lot of people you have there, the deal was signed off by many government departments, because it had to be.... you're grasping, like Mein Trump!

Various sources...list of signee entities,
The State Department only had one vote on the nine-member Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) that approved the deal. Other agencies, including the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, Commerce, and Justice, also weighed in.
The chairman of the CFIUS is the Treasury secretary, not secretary of state.
Rosatom had to get approval from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which is an independent agency outside of the secretary of state's influence.
Utah's local nuclear regulator also had to sign off on the deal, as it involved mills in the state.

edit on 27-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They say the indictment(s) are sealed.

Have to wait for arrest(s) or voluntary surrender(s).

Or "Leaks".

+1 more 
link   

A 100 million dollar donation to the CF and a half a million dollar speaking fee for ol' billy boy with a night stay a putins private residence. Rebuttal?

link   
I won't speculate, I want to wait to see who is being charged. Seems like people are jumping the gun here on who is being charged.

I also want to know what the charges are. Maybe interfering with an investigation could be a possibility or false statements could be another one. Maybe someone was cutting their toe nails in the questioning, making it contempt of court. It could be anything, I guess some info will probably come out tomorrow as to what is going on.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Flynn is another possibility. I'm not too sure about Stone. 15 years ago? Sure. Stone seems to spend most of his time these days doing his podcast or whatever (The Stone Zone?), palling around with Alex Jones and hanging out on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They say the indictment(s) are sealed.

Have to wait for arrest(s) or voluntary surrender(s).

Or "Leaks".

A friend of mine was supposed to give me some leaks last night, but he forgot to pull them from the garden before coming to pinnacle last night.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Working overtime aye Anti?

Being you used Twitter as you source? I will hold off until more "substantial" evidence can be presented!

Seems like Uranium 1 has you a bit nervous?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Watching AC360 now, it appears the exercise is speculation as to who the charges have been filed against (ranging from individuals to a campaign) and what the consequential effect of same could be.

Comments from Jeffery Toobin (CNN legal expert) suggest the 1st indictments are designed to target individuals who may spill the beans on the bigger fish. This will be interesting (to say the least!!)

Yeah I'd guess any formal charges will be only on people you've never heard of as they'll be so far down the chain of command.

The big fish will swim safely away as always as a handful of random nobodies take what little fall there might be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join