It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer - ‘Unacknowledged’ ,Untangled and Unbelievable!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In his book he talks about Roswell and it was mentioned there were several alleged ufo crashes in that area. It was put out there that it seems the U.S. government was aware that they were being watched or spied on by ufo's, with their nuclear interest, so they employed some type of elctromagnetic wave which was the reason the ufo's came down. That is a really fascinating premise to me, but thinking, would not the much further technologically advanced crafts have something to detect this so as to then avoid the wave? The other thing I mentioned, in the book there is a large number of named names of people who used to work in the secretive government military complex who have seen things over the years. As we all know, no proof has been offered yet, but nor have I heard about any lawsuits against Greer either as of yet. So we shall see......

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Basically we are still at the point of debating if aliens and alien abductions are real or not.
Best evidence is far to many credible people know they are real but are not sure what is happening.
Travis Walton case is a major classic case of established credibility.There are many others.

Personally I am not sure the Travis Walton story is genuine. The jury is still out for me due to some of the background to the case.

*Walton and his family believed they'd seen numerous UFOs over the years and were obsessed with the idea of alien contact.

*As a UFO enthusiast, Walton would have been aware the National Enquirer offered a $5000 reward for "positive proof" of an extraterrestrial encounter.

*Walton and the other crew members divided the $5000 and gave exclusive story rights to the Enquirer.

*Walton's medical exams and initial failed-but-kept-secret polygraph test were set up and paid for by the National Enquirer.

*Walton's supposed abduction provided the much-needed "act of god" that enabled logging contractor Mike Rogers to avoid costly penalties due to the crew falling far behind schedule.

*Walton and Rogers could have easily rigged up a glowing light or other prop to make the other five think they'd seen a UFO.

*Faced with embarrassing questions, the Walton family decided they would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction-by-aliens story.

Which begs the question. What constitutes a 'credible' person?

And answers another. That's why we are still debating aliens/abductions.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Hi data - I'm not going to get into debates about Roswell ...Far too many factoids to chew over in that case.

I am not sure if anyone has filed a lawsuit against Greer. James Woolsey was obviously aggrieved at his claims he was 'briefed' by Greer at a dinner party. The 'Unacknowledged' book is filed under Religion & Spirituality on a certain well known website. So I guess that sort of sums up it up. We can't sue the Church because they can't prove Jesus and God existed. No actually don't go there with that one....bad example.

I know we don't always agree with each other. But we've both been on ATS long enough to at least respect each others views. So please keep us informed as you make your way through book. I'm sure people would value a different opinion from mine as well!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yeah I agree that it is a huge mistake for Greer to incorporate "New Age mysticism" into his operations.

That really makes it hard for most people to swallow and it makes him look cultish and like he's trying to create a religion. Then profit off it.

I do admit he has done a way better job than Profit Yahweh who was without any doubt a charletan and cult minded crook.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The James Woolsey thing is just standard denial though and actually works in Greer's favor because it's admitted he Did meet the guy at that "dinner party". It's a big +1 for team Greer.

I agree about him making a ton of mistakes though, like picking the wrong "witnesses" in recent years and especially the "Church of Greer" thing. Those are big big mistakes and really derail the entire original concept of a Disclosure Project.

So I'm sure you can understand why so many people think he's controlled disinformation.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So I'm sure you can understand why so many people think he's controlled disinformation.....

Yes I think that's worth looking into. There's a few more people that could apply to as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Mirageman makes a good case but there’s always another side to the argument and Greer isn’t here to defend himself.

Just keep that in mind

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm glad he isn't here. He looks like he's ready for a fight.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Ridhya

Yeah I agree that it is a huge mistake for Greer to incorporate "New Age mysticism" into his operations.

That's just a way to grow his cash cow, nothing more.
Perfectly transparent, if you look at it.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I watched Unacknowledged and walked away unconvinced of anything other than Greer connected some extremely obtuse points and events in time with a lot of no facts that did not validate his claims. He also took a lot of liberties with very obscure interpretations and did an excellent job at selective editing of many clips. Especially the one with Buzz Aldrin where if you watch the entire interview Buzz calls BS on the monolith.

You have essentially validated why I felt the way I did. Thank you.

P.S. - I liked your old avatar. It was spooky in a cool extra dimensional way.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know that some ufos defy explanation, and need further investigation, which I believe governments are doing. Military sightings alone tells you that.

Problem is, people always want to be part if groups. We have the ET explanation believer groups. We have the debunking groups, and these are the people who always say "critical thinking" as if that somehow makes them intelligent. Then you have the group that believe everything the government says. I could go on and on with these other groups!

The fact it, some ufos defy explanation. Documents prove that governments were taking this seriously, when they were telling the public the opposite.

Take yourself out of one if these groups and look at the subject that way.

Do we know that some of these ufos are Alien? No, we do not. Do we have evidence that some ufos defy explanation and need further research? Yes, we do.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
As for greer himself. He has done some good things, and done some not very good things, but I believe this was not to fool people, I just believe he wants to believe so much.

The ET stuff he says, I do not care about, but bringing the ufo subject into the mainstream with cases that are good and also pushing toward some sort of disclosure regarding ufos.

So what if he makes money, so would I, and so would you! Unless you think that greer has a money tree with endless supply of money to pay for everyday living!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
oh that's right, i remember your okay with someone trying to promote transparency, openness, disclosure, and get the government to investigate, with flat out lies. please the end doesn't justify the means, it's not ok to fleece people out of their hard earned money. no matter what you want the government to do.

So what if he makes money, so would I, and so would you!

if you would lie about something to make money off of it, your not a very decent person no matter what you say.

three of the things he made money with,

light being 800 a head to look at negatives of a moth.

camping trip in Joshua Tree National Park to take picture of cactus and call them light beings of love.

this is from their site, i like how they all through it use all kinds of jargon to sound scientific throughout the story. there's no way they can know what their saying is true. at best it's just theory, and theory is not fact, until proven and then is often wrong.

Any civilization capable of interstellar travel will have, by definition and requirement, transcended the light barrier and mastered the sciences that allow for dematerialization, re-materialization, teleportation, levitation and, most importantly, the interface between consciousness, thought and technology. Such sciences, while studied extensively within compartmented classified projects by humans, seem mysterious to most people. But they are rather common by extraterrestrial standards.
Encounter at Joshua Tree – Analysis and Photographs

never did find out much people paid to see a invisible space ship, but knowing how greer's work it was a pretty penny.
don't be pointing lasers now. it's dangerous, you might expose his hoaxes.

it's attitudes such as yours, that allow flim flam men such as greer to operate and drag the subject into cesspool of fake encounters, lies, and con men and subjects the matter to ridicule and mockery.

naw, he's just a flim flam man. always has been always will be. he's found him a niche full of gullible people and milking them for every dime he can. but you just keep on supporting a lair,just because you want to believe and want the government to investigate.

edit on 18-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

The fact is, some ufos defy explanation. Documents prove that governments were taking this seriously, when they were telling the public the opposite.

Yes they do. The recommendations of the Robertson Panel being just one as mentioned earlier. There is also a note from Winston Churchill asking for investigations around the same time period in the UK archives.

As for greer himself. He has done some good things, and done some not very good things, but I believe this was not to fool people, I just believe he wants to believe so much.

He seemed genuine for a while. But I disagree when you say it was not to fool people. If you read the whole thread (actually just the start of it) then it is apparent that Greer is using a real document under false pretences (Guy Hottel memo), a self professed liar and government agent (Doty), a guy (Uhouse) who doesn't know Area 51 was not there in 1947 when Roswell occurred and a dead bloke(Dennis) who lied about aliens at the base. (I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat this to bring it to people's attention. But it can all be verified with internet searches).

Greer also says that the USAF was split from the Army and CIA created as a result of Roswell. Both actions were already planned before anything came down on the Foster ranch in 1947. His assembled evidence for proving Roswell was an ET event is totally false. I can't accept that he didn't check his facts. I don't blame him for making money out of it. But I do question his integrity.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I'm glad he isn't here. He looks like he's ready for a fight.

Its no way I’m going to dig enough in the research to refute or substantiate you, at this time at least.

I don’t have the time or energy and it’s not of vital interest presently

I know Greer, imo, made a mistake having Doty in that film and in his book.
Greer has become a dogmatic propagandist for his viewpoint and no longer seems to trust reality telling it own story.

IF…he had maintained that integrity, he would have been a great success because people would have trusted him.

In all of the many UFO people I trust Stanley Freidman, even though his books are boring( maybe that’s why…he tells the truth as he knows it) and think at least he’s maintained honesty and integrity, as far as I know.

The main problem is the reality of the bookseller versus the seeker of truth

It's hard to be both...

It would, btw, be a good show having he and YOU throw down on ATS
edit on 18-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
BTW, Its another thing you have to consider Mirageman…

Something deep under the surface

Sometimes only, a clown will survive

What I’m getting at is If one wants to disseminate something important one might mix some BS with it in order to stay alive.

Because, believe me, if you actually become a challenge to the MIC YOU WILL BE KILLED.

They wont allow any real messiahs in anything to live long!

No matter who you are

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

What I’m getting at is If one wants to disseminate something important one might mix some BS with it in order to stay alive.

They wont allow any real messiahs in anything to live long!

That's actually very perceptive. The magicians hold all the cards.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh, please. That's just another snake oil salesman tactic.

"You need to read between the lines. The truth is there hidden in all the lies."

What you'll read between the lines will of course depend on your beliefs and biases...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yep. That's the one. It even has the mirage effect to it. Like someone is stepping out of a portal. Cool pic. What is it from?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join