It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the seven year tribulation begun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Ice ages come and go, our Earth moves in cycles(epochs). Which is where i imagine the idea of Fimbulwinter has its origins.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: GoShredAK

i'm waiting for the two witnesses to show up and dry up the sky.
revelation 11

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

Also for Damascus to be Destroyed along with the dome of the rock.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

with the speed the world is marching to a global conflict, it seems as though we aren't too far away from seeing the dome fall.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been waiting for far too long to be unleashed. It's about high time it happened.

However, in the immortals perspective, the now, or the soon is a completely different time frame than what these terms would mean to a mortal. Therefore, don't hold your breath about something apocalyptic happening in your generation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think there will always be a certain sector in Christianity who think that that time period is upon them. Just saying to gat that out of the way

Start Statement/ First, openness, as we've not crossed paths. I'm not a Christian. I am not Abrahamic. I'm a Gaelic Polytheist. However I'm also open to polite discussion. I'm not trolling. /end statement

I don't believe in the contents of Revelation. Thus no its not the tribulation to me. I don't see it as nonsense, its just not how I see cosmology.

I see the things people are attributing to the tribulation, as modern media savvy society being more aware of the natural events in the world.

Where previously a large earthquake or Tsunami would have either never been heard of (except in tales) or taken days or weeks for information to pass. We have the "end of the world" occurring down the lense of a camera phone (points for the quote being identified).

Just my views

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I spoke more about the condition of mankind than about natural disasters. Those will play a part, but because of the reasons you cite, it's dodgy trying to point to them as a reference for the end.

“In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power . . . Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.” (2 Timothy 3:1-13)

We can see all of these running throughout the populace.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The prophecies in the bible are vague for a reason, so that every generation will believe they are occurring so that their faith is strengthened or justified.

It's not the end times, there's no end in eternity.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would also include your supposed condition of Humanity.

I've seen (through study) other periods where your observations also would apply. Two examples are:

During the "Great" Depression.
Europe and the East during the 1930s to the mid 1940s

I am pretty sure you might see me as a "symptom" though we'd have to discuss why that is
After all I am a person of deep faith. Just not of your God. My moral compass is in tune with my gods. Though I doubt if I wrote it down (if I could easily in English) you'd be upset with it.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Noinden because: Need to stop changing keyboard sizes

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thats a Bingo....

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I certainly believe we are in the end of the end times - but we're not in to the tribulation - quite yet.

Time to get prepaired though that's for sure.

If you don't know who or what to believe in - now's the time to ficure it out.

Thanks be to Christ I'm settled. I hope you are too.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't think it can happen for another 170 years. Not that it will happen by then, but that we have at the very least 170 years. The reason I say that, is it would be 6000 years and 6 Jubilees cycles from the fall of Adam (6300 years). Every 1000 years is followed by a Jubilee cycle to form a 1050 year block.

Right now we are going through a cyclical trend, where religion and politics mixes. Like a soft version of Mystery Babylon. That's why it all seems so chaotic. Soon, there will be a new Reformation resulting in a spiritual and secular liberation/rebirth, and the religious politicizers will be crushed under their own weight, as all the judgement they have dispensed on the humble backfires on them.
edit on 10-10-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

edit on 10-10-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You know what's amazing.

You will remember these very words when the time for Christ to come arrives.

But you'll be left behind...

And you will remember your own words.

It's a shame you can't take that intellect you have and figure out just how nonsensical it is for you to state a truth over something you know nothing whatsoever about.

peace

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I know people have been saying the end is near in every generation but this time feels different.

I'd guess that every generation says that "this time feels different". But things are infinitely better now than back when the Bubonic Plague was killing off 30-60% of an entire continent's population. Things are also better than when the conquistadors brought plagues, war, and literal dogs of war to wipe out entire indigenous communities and nations. In fact, things are better now than when the World Wars & the 1918 Flu Pandemic killed 10s of millions of people around the world.

Do you believe the seven year tribulation has begun?

Nope.

Or do you think this is all nonsense?

Nonsense. From a spiritual perspective, people should just focus on being the best people that they can be. Instead of worrying about if the sky will suddenly rip open and we'll all die in holy war between Angels & Demons, try focusing on being a good mom/dad, brother/sister, neighbor, uncle/aunt, etc. I think people in many faiths focus too much on the supernatural "fire & brimstones" aspects and focus far too little on the "be a better person right now" aspect.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

According to the bible there is still a few things that need to happen before we're in the last 7 years. First off is the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9. And the conditions that lead up to it.

Next would be the Gog-Magog war. Probably this is what precedes the 7 year agreement and makes it necessary.

Third would be a Jewish temple and everything associated with that.

And lastly would be the appearance of the branch. He is the one who builds the temple.

Now those being the future events to the 7 year agreement then here's something to be concerned about. Based on a reading of Matthew 24 and the fig tree parables the event referred to in Matthew 24-36 may have already happened.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But that event would be verse 14. Based on a reading of the entire Matthew 24 prophecy.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The problem comes about if you think about the rebirth of a nation of Israel in 1948. If that was an end time event as predicted in Ezekiel and the dried bones prophecy then it would have been the 2nd end time event. Which then puts the generation timeclock at 69 years and counting as of now.

Then consider the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11. Essentially if you combine all the prophesies of Daniel you can build a timeline of events that happen before the 7 year agreement. And the first event would be Daniel 11-2.

2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

This would be a perfectly accurate description of what led up to the 9-11 attacks. And then the next 2 events are described in Daniel 8.

That 2 nations in the middle east would be conquered by the "Greece" of Daniel 11. So if you think about it then what you have here is 5 fig leaves of the fig tree parable.

It could be very soon now.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The direction in which we are headed and the amount of people on the planet that interact with each other and cross the globe daily suggests another Bubonic Plague will be on the cards rather soon.

There are some positive aspects to such an epidemic, while it would be an exaggeration to say that the Black Death or Bubonic Plague single handedly caused the Renaissance, it would not that far a stretch to suggest that the Black Death is probably among the handful of factors that played the largest role in bringing about the said period.
edit on 10-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I have run into a few people who are utterly convinced that we are living in the end times described in the book of revelation.

That crap was written for the romans.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I have run into a few people who are utterly convinced that we are living in the end times described in the book of revelation.
What does everybody else think?

It's definitely not the end times.

Before the end times can come, we have to return to the times of the beginning, as described in the book of Genesis.

And in the book of Genesis, we find man being created in the image of his creator.

We haven't developed the technology yet to re-create man in our image.

We're only now starting to learn to clone human beings etc..

So we have a way to go.

However, before the actual end times comes, we'll probably see some sort of "preview" many times during the cycles of time, which will just get nearer and nearer to end times events.

I think what we're seeing now, is a "preview" of some of the things that will repeat at the actual end time.

e.g. the actual end times will begin in September 23 when the Woman Virgo is clothed with the Sun, and moon at her feet etc..and the Draco meteor shower causes the stars to fall from heaven right after...and so on...

But, the final signal when these signs appear will be about 1,500 years from now, by my calculation.

Jesus descends for 3 1/2 days, before returning, and 1 day is 1000 years, and we've just hit 2000 years from his descent to earth. So, the full time period we have to wait is 3,500 years from 0 A.D.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Do you believe the seven year tribulation has begun?

Or do you think this is all nonsense?

the latter

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The direction in which we are headed and the amount of people on the planet that interact with each other and cross the globe daily suggests another Bubonic Plague will be on the cards rather soon.

Ironically, I've come to the opposite conclusion. Humankind's numbers have grown immensely in the last 200 years or so, but so has our medical technology. Global pandemics are still possible, but unlike in the past, the emergence of new killer strains today is now met with countermeasures from around the world. Most of the epidemics can be quickly contained, even in the poorest places on Earth like during the 2014 Ebola crisis (note, I'm saying they can be contained not eliminated).

If anything, it's our 24 hour media and the invention of worldwide social media that have made things seem a lot worse than before. This is the first time in recorded history that random citizens from every city in the world have been able to broadcast their complaints and grievances to the rest of the world in real time. And media companies (corporate and indie alike) are under constant stress to put out more tantalizing content. So they all end up hyping up their stories so much that everything seems to be a harbinger of the apocalypse now.

Think about it. According to all of the hype, we just survived an 8 year tribulation period led by the Antichrist who was also a Muslim Brotherhood sleeper agent that was sent to disarm Americans & send the public to FEMA camps while launching WW3. And now we're less than a year into the 4 year tribulation period of a billionaire nazi that's also a Russian sleeper agent that was sent to weaken America while trying to start WW3 by attacking 1/6th of humankind (China). Don't get me wrong, a lot of politicians suck. But those 2 that I'm referring to have nothing on the politicians from just a few generations ago (like Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and King Leopold the 2nd), much less the guys from before them like Temujin/Genghis Khan, Hulagu, etc.

We have far less starvation and far longer lifespans than before. And most global citizens can even travel most of the world with a mere passport (and the appropriate visas). There are either cures or treatments for most of the world's deadliest illnesses, to the point where people can have many of them and still live for many productive years. I'm not saying that things are perfect because we clearly have a long way to go. But I simply don't believe we're even close to the hard times that people like to complain that we are.

That concludes my mild rant. (And sorry, I know you didn't make a lot of the points that I was mentioning. I just always get a little irked when this "we're in the end times" stuff comes up. There have been so many worse time periods than now; so why would this one be "the one" when those time periods weren't?)

ETA: Ah, I know what I meant to say. It was in response to your 2nd paragraph. I don't think a plague or mass deaths is good for humanity's development at all. In fact, I think humanity develops in spite of mass deaths & epidemics, not because of them. Just look at the African countries that were ravaged during the Cold War and the countries attacked during the War on Terror, like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Syria. If the theory were true, then all of those places would be blossoming with prosperity right now instead of still trying to rebuild. But they're rebuilding now in spite of the massive setbacks they've had because of the wars & massive numbers of deaths.
edit on 10-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Text The nephilim and there offspring the rephaim are among us, hiding somewhere, soon to be unleashed and wreak havoc upon mankind.

I have heard much about these nephilim surviving the flood and now in the world. Are these spirits or physical terrestrial entities? Would you care to explain what all of this means in connection with Jacobs trouble [Great Tribulation]?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join