It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the seven year tribulation begun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have run into a few people who are utterly convinced that we are living in the end times described in the book of revelation.

I am not so certain this is true myself but when I consider all of the signs that have occurred It really seems like a possibility.

I know people have been saying the end is near in every generation but this time feels different.

I am just curious what the members of ATS think?

Do you believe the seven year tribulation has begun?

Or do you think this is all nonsense?

If you do believe we are living out the end times, what exactly is going to happen? How do you think it'll play out?

My opinion is it will be a sort of repeat of the times of Noah and the flood.

The nephilim and there offspring the rephaim are among us, hiding somewhere, soon to be unleashed and wreak havoc upon mankind.

Natural disasters will occur more frequently and become much more devastating.

While all this is happening the world will gradually fall into anarchy.

What does everybody else think?

edit on 10-10-2017 by GoShredAK because: Oops

edit on 10-10-2017 by GoShredAK because: Oops again

edit on 10-10-2017 by GoShredAK because: Oops a 3rd time

edit on 10-10-2017 by GoShredAK because: The final oops

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's possible.

Certainly the condition of mankind seems about right for it. There are other markers too that may indicate it's about to go down.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Shortly after the death of Jesus there were those that were convinced they were living in the end times. It has been that way ever since.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

People have been thinking that since the 1st conman figured out he could use it to gain power and sucker people out of their money.

Just as likely now as it was then, not very.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It sure does seem that way. The signs are everywhere.

If the natural disasters, high strangeness, and violence towards each other continue to occur exponentially without a break, I will be convinced.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

well, Satan has been going on and on about it more recently, doom this burn that and all that.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Don't Immanentize the eschaton...

Do you really want a savior to save you, to save the world and we learn nothing. If as I believe there are those trying to bring hell on earth to invoke a savior what if they are wrong?

Look back through history, life as a human on earth often sucks

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
All religions are nonsense.

Flights of imagination built off of confused history, myth, and legends.

Stop worrying about some preordained end to everything.
The human race does not have to end.
The world does not have to end.

There is no reason why the human race could not go on for another million years and populate the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You are right.

This time feels different, and I believe many other people feel it too.

Enough time has passed, everything on earth has been corrupted. The stage has been set.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Mankind is asinine enough to bring about their own doom without the help of a Fallacy.

So, not nonsense, just a different trigger.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"Has the seven year tribulation begun?"

Aye it's called Brexit. LoL

You do realize people have been thinking such since the middle ages?

What do i think? I think anthropomorphized absentee parent sky Gods have better things to do than worry about humanities woes.
edit on 10-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: ketsuko

It sure does seem that way. The signs are everywhere.

If the natural disasters, high strangeness, and violence towards each other continue to occur exponentially without a break, I will be convinced.

Those are disturbing, no doubt.

But ... there are very specific things that need to happen. Until and unless those things happen, this is all just so much high strangeness and bad mojo. There have been bad times before.

So keep on keeping on and keep yourself ready for what may come. It's all anyone can ever do.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm utterly convinced we are in the end times I have to confess!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As of two months ago. It's around Libra/feet of Virgo for any astronomers that may read this.

March 2017

June 2017

Latest pics and observations are indicating a great chance since 23/9/17 we do not have long I can tell you. Leave coasts is one piece of info I'll mention.
edit on 10-10-2017 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have 2 points on the biblical doomsday stuff that may or may not be factual.

1. The bible says the end times will not be known. So a biblical doomsday preacher cannot say the bible is predicting a given end time based on the writings of the bible. Using the same biblical knowledge you can basically ignore anyone that tries.

2. The bible says the end times starts with 3 days of night. I don't know how that would happen, a super volcano's ash cloud maybe? In any case, it hasn't happened so according to biblical text we are not in the end time.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

No two people can even agree on what the "signs" are. It's not a very good prophecy if even the people who believe you are confused by what exactly is supposed to happen, and when.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am not sure where people are getting "seven year tribulation" from.
As far as I know, the "seven years" theme is based on the "weeks of years" passage in Daniel ch11, but the same passage has the trouble occupying only the second half of that final week, following the establishment of the "abomination" and the end of the tradtional offerings. So the usual calculation is three and a half years.

In my opinion, the "seven" is a symbolic number, not a literal number, so there is no point in trying to calculate when this period begins and ends.
But I am ready to equate the "abomination" with the events of Revelation ch13. In other words, when there is a leader with world-wide power demanding to be worshipped and imprisoning or executing those who refuse, then we can say that the tribulation has begun.
Until we actually see that happening, don't worry about it. Let events happen in their own time.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

"signs"

It was an ok movie if memory serves.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

i'm waiting for the two witnesses to show up and dry up the sky.
revelation 11

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
All religions are nonsense.

Flights of imagination built off of confused history, myth, and legends.

Stop worrying about some preordained end to everything.
The human race does not have to end.
The world does not have to end.

There is no reason why the human race could not go on for another million years and populate the galaxy.

The plight of humanity is not dependent upon any religious prediction, it is based upon human nature itself; that, and the examination of the cycles of history. It is a mistake to declare, "Oh look, people have been prophesying doom since Jesus was in short pants, and 'we' are still here!" There has never really been any sort of world peace - there have only been periods of non-war here and there. Continuous war is not feasible and non-war is not peace. The prosperity that some people of some nations experience at the end of any particular cycle of war is not from the outcome of peace but from the outcome of war. In other words, war is the rule - notthe exception.

Accepting that understanding, what is changing?

Population - expo-freakin-nentially! The nature of weapons of mass destruction. Never mind nukes - what about biological warfare? How long will it be before terrorists decide to infect themselves with viruses concocted in advanced laboratories and begin coughing and sneezing in densely populated areas of major cities? Oh no, that wouldn't be very sporting would it? No, suicidal people play by the rules and simply strap explosives around their waists don't they?

What we have here folks is not biblical prophesy, it is global suicide. The predatory instinct of human beings has for some reason been reversed in upon themselves. That is what we are witnessing in the world in all its facets.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Considering that Fimbulwinter hasn't started yet, I'm going to go with no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join