It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes! NFL Players Are Now 'Scared' To Take a Knee, 'People Have to Feed They Family'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think the number of Anti-America players is shrinking. ESPN didn't show the Anthem before tonight's BEARS vs VIKINGS game. Must not have been any controversy for boosting ESPN's ratings.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MysticPearl

SJW= a bunch of attention seeking pansies

Fixed it for you.

If they really cared about the cause they were protesting they'd sit out the game and/or retire, and get active! Kneeling during the anthem is bound to be controversial, raise attention, and yet accomplish nothing at the same time.

Much of our modern day culture is based on words. Words backed up with nothing.

It's pathetic.

I'm amazed at how football players act like sissies during the national anthem,

and then on the other hand you have some oddball European NHL hockey player have to sit through the American and Canadian anthems multiple times weekly. Do you ever see them complaining and acting like babies?

edit on 9-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: FHomerK

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

The only thing racist is you assuming that only black people talk like that.

Could you re-read what you quoted, and what you said.... then rephrase it?

I'm not at all sure who you are agreeing with.

I wasn't agreeing with anyone. I responded to another posters post who felt your title was racist.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

And, it didn't make sense to me, but hey..... you do your thing

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What about all the tax payer money the teams get for stadiums and the tax breaks the league gets?

Don't want to piss off the taxpayers that don't even watch, let alone go and spend $400 or more for a family of 4, for a game.

Damn right they work for money, ours.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Which part didn't make sense to you?

link   
a reply to: kurthall

How was the heading racist in any way? I actually scrolled up to read it again. Seems like common sense - stop generating revenue for your employer and things get sticky.

link   

edit on 10/9/17 by Gothmog because: That was strange

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

edit on 10/9/17 by Gothmog because: That was even stranger. although I suspect some kid hid an extra quote in there. I hope not. Sneaky but childish

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
What about all the tax payer money the teams get for stadiums and the tax breaks the league gets?

Don't want to piss off the taxpayers that don't even watch, let alone go and spend $400 or more for a family of 4, for a game.

Damn right they work for money, ours.

Amen Brother, Amen.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Which part didn't make sense to you?

Hey, maybe I'm not that bright. Does anyone else here understand what 3daysgone meant? Can you explain it to me, like I'm five?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Two messages, posting nothing but a quote to someone else's message.

Was there something you'd like to say?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is stopping them from kneeling any other time during the game. Maybe they can do it before the Anthem or even during the two-minute warning.

I might come back and watch ... if 'they' started taking a knee right in the middle of a big play.

LMFAO

Sorry to (have to be that guy who says it), but there's a certain group of people who ruin every single damned thing they're allowed to touch. I think the NFL is finally ruined.

Why's it so hard for the common man to even admit to that? It's as obvious as the nose right there on your face.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
a reply to: kurthall

How was the heading racist in any way? I actually scrolled up to read it again. Seems like common sense - stop generating revenue for your employer and things get sticky.

We live in a world that is a parody of a cable movie parody of reality.
Now you can even get fined in Cali for using OMG, the correct gender pronoun (you know, because everyone is supposed to know the pronoun du'jour).... or anything other than what someone wants to hear.

"Excuse me, Officer... my preferred gender pronoun is JoJoOpressedKnoxville. That bad person over there, they didn't use it. Repeatedly. MAKE THEM PAY!!!!!"

You cannot make this crap up. Welcome to the toilet, folks.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is stopping them from kneeling any other time during the game. Maybe they can do it before the Anthem or even during the two-minute warning.

I might come back and watch ... if 'they' started taking a knee right in the middle of a big play.

LMFAO

Sorry to (have to be that guy who says it), but there's a certain group of people who ruin every single damned thing they're allowed to touch. I think the NFL is finally ruined.

Why's it so hard for the common man to even admit to that? It's as obvious as the nose right there on your face.

Because..... Snowflakes. Precious, unique wittle snowflakes.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Two messages, posting nothing but a quote to someone else's message.

Was there something you'd like to say?

I know ..I just encountered a MAJOR ATS glitch
What I meant to say was the OP's title is Old South speak. Us older folks , regardless of race , still break into it every now and then..
Some folks falsely stereotype without first becoming informed.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

But you know....
..... it's Racist if you're "white"....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But you know....
..... it's Racist if you're "white"....

No , sir. Try telling that to some (or most) anyone in some communities. If you a furriner you get ran out of town...Quick.
We dont cotton too well to strangers making fun of the way we speak..

edit on 10/9/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Cotton? COTTON? OMG, where are my peeps ? My safespace peeps.... I am SO TRIGGERED FOR THE POOR PEOPLE OF COLOR THAT CANNOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES ABOUT THE OUTRAGE THEY ARE FACED WITH

You DO know, cracker.... that YOU (remotely, through time travel) PERSONALLY OWNED SLAVES? THAT YOU should be held accountable for your time travelling, racist actions!!!!!

OMG, I need a paci and a stuffi..... where is my emotional service platypus when I need he/she/it (do they have gender? Lo siento, mijo...no se....)???????

My tears will be the liquid love of my fellow snowflakes..... wait, is the new iPhone out yet? Has Daddy paid my rent yet?

edit on 9-10-2017 by FHomerK because: No me gusto personas que son blanco, no me gusto mi mismo..... ¿dónde está la sala de llanto para los copos de nieve?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I thought omg stood for oh my god.
edit on 10-10-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join