It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes! NFL Players Are Now 'Scared' To Take a Knee, 'People Have to Feed They Family'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The aftermath of the NFL national anthem protest has not been good for the football league. Disgruntled fans, low ratings, and very public fights have lowered the public opinion of the NFL to record lows. Now the owners in the league are attempting to take control. Multiple reports from teams across the league indicate that team owners and management are cracking down on anthem protesters. The Miami Dolphins head coach has ordered his team to stand, according to IJR reporting.......

Link to Article

Yeah, so sorry. I just do not feel any sympathy for these overgrown / overpaid "man"children who behave like they likely are roided out of their own consciousness. In fact, I thoroughly dislike 99.9% of sports.

So, there. We now have my own fair disclosure!

To put it simply, I was fired a few years ago from an oil related (heavily so) industry for making a joking comment about Dick Cheney at a "casual" employee event.

GUESS what that means, kids.... I learned a very painful lesson.

Those who have the gold, make the rules. There is no wrong or right to it. Free speech is NOT available on an employers dime. As we are now seeing, even ESPN has employee standards for social media, that they were made fully aware of upon accepting the terms of employment.

This, kids, is life. Get used to it. Does it suck that you cannot do what you wish at all times? Yes. Do these "sportsmen" make a hyper inflated amount of money for being modern day gladiators, but without weapons and yet kevlar armor and helmets? Yes. Does that hyper inflated salary come with conditions? OF COURSE IT DOES...stupid idiots. This, IS LIFE. Life is not a kumbaya session while tripping on ecstasy. Life, actually sucks.

Yepp, you've got it. I have no empathy for these children. Non whatsoever. Just as much as I have zero empathy for Harvey Weinstein and his masturbatory requirements that involved inappropriate behavior. So sad, but I don't care. Nor will I shed a single tear.

But then, here we have the really funny part... I truly spit out my beer while laughing at this....

It seems, in this battle, Trump has indeed won.

Oh, darn fooey. You burnt the muffins. Grow up kids. Money is our religion.

And if you want a 7 figure salary...well, you need to suckle at the teat (or worse) of "The Man".

Your employer. Because your employer, has the gold. And your employer, makes the rules that you agreed to.

See ya!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Forgive me for caring as much what these athletes do and the likes of George Clooney.

Faux outrage on both sides if you ask me.

I don't see anyone going out of their way to help the cause other than moral support.

And when the celebrities say things they have no idea about, people still watch their movies.

Because in the end, they're entertainers. If a bartender says something you don't agree with.... You'll probably still get another round.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No one is stopping them from kneeling any other time during the game. Maybe they can do it before the Anthem or even during the two-minute warning.

They could easily do their protest without including the Anthem.

I know I would be more sympathetic to their cause.

edit on 2017/10/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

edit on 9-10-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 9-10-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What was the Dick Cheney joke you told?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

Are you talking about these also?

griesamps.com...
Blackface Amps

deluxe_reverb_ab763_schem.gif

After having many lengthy conversations about the "blackface" amps of the mid 1960's, I thought it would be easier to tell the story here. The term describes the cosmetic appearance of Fender amps built from 1963 to 1967. These amps were covered with black Tolex with silver grill cloth and had black control panels. This separates them from the "tweed" amps from the 50's, the early 60's "brown" amps, and the "silverface" amps from 1967 through the 70's. The blackface amps from the Deluxe up to the Twin Reverb and Showman (everything except the Champs and Princetons) were basically the same amp. That is, they were designed using the same circuit with several variations. All were class AB with adjustable fixed bias and used the same two channel preamp, phase inverter, reverb, and vibrato (actually tremolo) circuits. The differences were:

1. Some were combos, some were heads with dedicated cabinets.

2. Most of the combos had reverb, none of the heads did.

3. Output tube sets consisted of 2 6V6's (Deluxe), 4 6L6's (Twin & Showman), or 2 6L6's (everything else).

4. Most had a tube rectifier, the more powerful amps had solid state rectifiers.

5. Power supplies (power transformer & filter capacitors) were designed for the needs of the output tubes. That is, the higher the output power, the more current is needed. It is important to note that in the mid-powered amps (2 6L6) there was a lower current supply (Vibrolux & Tremolux) and a higher current supply (Pro, Super, Vibroverb, etc.) This is why some were rated at 35 watts and some were 40.

6. The output transformers were tailored to the output power and speaker impedances.

7. Many amps had midrange controls. Those that didn't had a fixed resistor that was the equivalent of a midrange pot set approximately at the half-way point.

8. Many had bright switches. This is nothing more than a switched capacitor that allows very high frequencies to bypass the volume pot. As the volume is turned up, the bright switch becomes less effective because all frequencies are bypassing the volume pot.

9. All had tremolo (it was labeled Vibrato) except the Bassman.

10. Probably the biggest difference in sound was a result of the speakers used. Each guitar amp in the line had a unique combination of speakers with the exception of the Super Reverb and the rare Concert, which both had 4x10's and the Twin Reverb and Super Reverb with 2x12's in an open back combo format.

During the "silverface" years the circuits were gradually changed to give a cleaner sound with greater output power. We now know that none of these alterations were improvements. The early silverface amps can easily be brought back to blackface specs, the later ones can't without making major, expensive changes.

Disclaimer: "Fender, Twin Reverb, Deluxe, Champ, Princeton, Showman, Vibrolux, Tremolux, Pro, Super, Vibroverb, Bassman, Concert, and Super Reverb" are trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments. Gries Amplification is in no way associated with Fender.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day

Uhh, Huh?
edit on 9/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's only racist if he's white... right?

You do realize that people STILL talk like that today and this isn't the 30s 40s 50s...

Hell.. My Cajun culture has people who speak the same way and we're WHITE.

Maybe you're just from the northern states and don't know any better. For that you may be forgiven. I mean, it's not your fault where you were born, huh?

edit on 9-10-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They need to knock that knee stuff off and get back to breaking each others bones, and giving each other brain damage that's what their payed millions of dollars for--that's what people want to see, not no middle class fake phony protests.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The only thing racist is you assuming that only black people talk like that.
edit on 9-10-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
NFL players are frickin' drama queen attention whores.

It's a spectator event, not a sport.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Man, go watch a Mel Brooks movie and relax...

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

If you'd read the article....

You'd have realized it was the title of the article. Not my words.

Ciao, sjw, ciao

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah.... just not going there

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You mean SJWism backfired? Tell me it didn't. LOL!

So either these players, these kneelers are fake, a bunch of attention seeking pansies who'll no longer kneel, or they'll truly stand up to their evil white owners and kneel anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
NFL players are frickin' drama queen attention whores.

It's a spectator event, not a sport.

I could not agree with you more

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

SJW= a bunch of attention seeking pansies

Fixed it for you.

If they really cared about the cause they were protesting they'd sit out the game and/or retire, and get active! Kneeling during the anthem is bound to be controversial, raise attention, and yet accomplish nothing at the same time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

The only thing racist is you assuming that only black people talk like that.

Could you re-read what you quoted, and what you said.... then rephrase it?

I'm not at all sure who you are agreeing with.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MysticPearl

SJW= a bunch of attention seeking pansies

Fixed it for you.

If they really cared about the cause they were protesting they'd sit out the game and/or retire, and get active! Kneeling during the anthem is bound to be controversial, raise attention, and yet accomplish nothing at the same time.

Much of our modern day culture is based on words. Words backed up with nothing.

It's pathetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join