It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before we talk about gun control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I want to give you a little perspective.

I own guns. I carry a gun.

I have never wished harm on anyone. I have never tried to use violence to intimidate, harass, or deprive anyone.

I carry my gun to protect myself and to protect others. I carry to make sure that in the case of something going wrong, or someone trying to harm YOU, I have the tools I need to help you in the best way possible.

If you are in danger I will not ask you:
Who did you vote for?
What color is your skin?
What are your political beliefs?

I will do my best to make sure you stay alive, and don't lose your life to senseless violence.

There are millions like me. We're there when you need us.
edit on 8-10-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Say what?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah my bad. Accidentally hit the enter button

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you. I know you'd do the same

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah my bad. Accidentally hit the enter button

Cool post, excellent.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What? You don't carry a semi-automatic pistol, automatic rifle, or a bump stock rifle? Shame on you! We need those types of guns to defend ourselves!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
People need to know this. There's many of us that won't just stand a watch crimes happen. There are those the react when needed. Without hesitation. We can do things above the call because of the tools we have to complete those tasks. If it be a gun, knife, mace, taser. We protect those who need it the most. It doesn't matter who you are.

The op says it better then I.

That's the America I know and love and it's out there just have to look for it. Not on screens.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The families of 58 people ask, where were you in Las Vegas? Cuz there was someone there with LOTS of guns who wished harm on LOTS of people.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I do carry a semi auto pistol omg call the police or stfu

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The families of 58 people ask, where were you in Las Vegas? Cuz there was someone there with LOTS of guns who wished harm on LOTS of people.

Story after story of people risking their lives to save others.

Regular people doing extraordinary things.

And you criticize?

link   

Totally my bad. I was not near vegas

link   

I bet a lot of people who would like to carry a rifle day to day do not because of social pressure. (and possibly laws in that part of the states, I'm not sure)

I bet a lot of people around there had handguns on them- not too useful at that range.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, without using guns.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah, without using guns.

Someone says, "Hey, I got your back regardless of what you believe" and you sh#t on them.

Nice. Classy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You'll have to excuse me for not feeling all warm and fuzzy about a guy with a gun when so many people have lost their lives to a guy with a gun.

link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

What? You don't carry a semi-automatic pistol, automatic rifle, or a bump stock rifle? Shame on you! We need those types of guns to defend ourselves!

Well just about everyone who carries do so with a semi-automatic pistol, and an automatic rifle is called a machine gun and they are extremely hard and expensive to get. No one I know uses a bump stock and they should be illegal, but then Obama thought the were just fine.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

Our government needs to do a better job addressing poverty and opportunity in this country. We have too many cartels and monopolies in this country limiting people's opportunities. It's not like I can open a hardware store and compete with Home Depot. The problem in our country is crime pays better than honest hard work. This why you have to carry a gun.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You'll have to excuse me for not feeling all warm and fuzzy about a guy with a gun when so many people have lost their lives to a guy with a gun.

When anyone calls 911, they are calling for a "guy with a gun".

Stay classy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

When anyone calls 911, they are calling for a "guy with a gun".

No, not just a guy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join