It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Company to Pay Record 95 million $ Fine for Illegally Hiring Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thousands of illegals were hired. And now the family owned multi national company with over 30,000 employees is paying. Hugely.

A Pennsylvania-based tree-trimming company was ordered to pay $95 million in the largest fine against a company for hiring thousands of immigrants who didn’t have permission to work in the U.S., according to federal officials.
www.wsj.com...

A civil case and a judges order is huge $95,000,000 fine. The details of the agreement are not be released.

A federal judge ordered the family-owned company to pay $80 million and adhere to an Administrative Compliance Agreement from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. The details of the agreement weren’t made public.

In a separate civil settlement, ICE said, the company agreed to pay $15 million related to its violation of immigration law.

Looks like the company decentralized hiring so the senior management would be willfully blind to the goings on with the hiring of the illegals. The lower level managers hired illegals that they knew were not allowed to work in the US. Then there is the managers taking false or fake ID's knowingly.

ICE said Asplundh decentralized hiring so the company’s senior management could “remain willfully blind” as lower-level mangers hired and rehired workers they knew weren’t allowed to work in the U.S. The agency also said the lower-level managers knowingly accepted false or fake identification documents.

This has to scare the multinationals who love them some cheap, cheap labor. And in the US abuse of all sorts are used to keep wages down and profits up.

edit on 29-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah , buddy....
The Federal legal system at work. Finally .
I had to give all kinda paperwork to my management to prove I was a US citizen back in what 2009 or so. After I had worked there 15 years . And can trace my heritage back to the original US citizens.
Why shouldnt everyone ? It is a Federal requirement to companies.
So , one company decides they dont need no stinkin laws .
Gonna do the crime, got to pay the piper

edit on 9/29/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh man, this is not surprising in the least. There have been quite a few mornings where I have seen one of their trucks at the gas station and knew what I was in for.

From one truck, there would be 8 to 10 people (honestly had no idea how they all fit in the cab) jamming up the line because only 1 or 2 of the 10 spoke ANY ENGLISH. It would take 20 minutes or more to ring them out due to communication issues shall we say.

It was clear to anyone with eyeballs what this company was doing.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Whole lot of trees are not going to be trimmed. I'm sure those jobs were filled by illegals cause no US workers would do the work not to save $$ on hourly wages.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I grew up in that area; Asplundh has long been rumored to be mafioso run. This adds fuel to that fire...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Whole lot of trees are not going to be trimmed. I'm sure those jobs were filled by illegals cause no US workers would do the work not to save $$ on hourly wages.

I hope that was sarcasm (or being facetious)
I really , really do

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yeah , buddy....
The Federal legal system at work. Finally .
I had to give all kinda paperwork to my management to prove I was a US citizen back in what 2009 or so. After I had worked there 15 years . And can trace my heritage back to the original US citizens.
Why shouldnt everyone ? It is a Federal requirement to companies.
So , one company decides they dont need no stinkin laws .
Gonna do the crime, got to pay the piper

One can envision upper management telling middle management to cut labor costs by 30% or we will find someone who will.

Bye by the lakefront property, the college tuition for the kids, even the jobs. Middle management takes the risks and the blame. Plausible deniability assured for the senior management.

94 million to a multinational? An irritation. No more.

Jail time for the CEOs and CFOs. That'll fix this!
edit on 29-9-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Of course it was.

I would think a whole lot of major corps just threw up a little in their mouths over this settlement.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Another deterrent would be, that any and all fines go straight towards funding the wall. I don't think these lefty companies want that on their conscience, since well, it is what they are against.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I grew up in that area; Asplundh has long been rumored to be mafioso run. This adds fuel to that fire...

Will think twice about driving past them running the wood chipper after dark.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The law is the law and I agree with it.

With that said, I wish there was an easy way to fix this.

I wonder if they can sue the federal government for giving tax money for assistance to illegal immigrants.

The one's who were working were at least earning their money. Those are the one's that I can sympathize with.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Another deterrent would be, that any and all fines go straight towards funding the wall. I don't think these lefty companies want that on their conscience, since well, it is what they are against.

That is the best idea I have seen on funding a wall.

I have been against the wall because of the cost to taxpayers, but if it was funded by the fines of those hiring illegals then even if the wall doesn't work I am all for building it.

In fact if it doesn't work keep fining and improving until it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nice payday for the feds.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Of course it was.

I would think a whole lot of major corps just threw up a little in their mouths over this settlement.

I knew , just making sure everyone else did

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe, think about all those lovely taxes that they did not receive over the years and the other social costs illegal immigrants impose on the host country.

But 95 mill is nice.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

If they would enforce the laws like this you won't need a wall.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I find it hard to justify a 95 mil payday to the federal government at the costs of that many jobs. I stand for our laws and I stand for taking steps to make things better.

Just seems like a grossly negative justification.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I need to put the /sarc back in my posts. I don't always make it well known that I am being sarcastic butt wipe.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I need to put the /sarc back in my posts. I don't always make it well known that I am being sarcastic butt wipe.

Most folks know you enough , anyway...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join