It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Company to Pay Record 95 million $ Fine for Illegally Hiring Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ok, this company is hiring undocumented that have not working visa permits, soo, what happen to those that spend their time to legally obtaining visas? are they been discriminated in favor of the illegals? make no sense.

I guess it suck to be a legal immigrant by this companies standards.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well we will never know why the hammer came down so hard. Part of the fine was to seal the details of the agreement.

I think if we knew what the real spit was, perhaps we would wonder why the fine was so low.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Not only the legal immigrants, but the average worker that knows how to trim. That is a very expensive service to have done. This company with it's 30,000 employees will feel this fine. Too bad profits are more important than running a lawful company.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gothmog

Whole lot of trees are not going to be trimmed. I'm sure those jobs were filled by illegals cause no US workers would do the work not to save $$ on hourly wages.

I have a family member who works for them. I'll have to ask. They provide decent wages for the area from my understanding. Probably more of a cost cut on the operating cost side, don't need to pay illegals as much since they don't pay taxes..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Either way it is about charging the customers the same price and cutting labor costs. Keep in mind this is a private business, that means no stock market pressure.

The fine is nice, want this to stop? CEO's cooling their heels in prison would do that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I find it hard to justify a 95 mil payday to the federal government at the costs of that many jobs. I stand for our laws and I stand for taking steps to make things better.

Just seems like a grossly negative justification.

So being punished for breaking multiple laws, by being fined should just be a slap on the wrist?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I did not say that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That may seem like a huge fine in most cases but this damn company is huge!!!

We're talking revenue over 3 billion in 2013. They do more than just trees too and in multiple countries.

So far it seems that a Vice President and a few managers are the ones getting prison time but not the main guys. They'll just pay their way out.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I did not say that.

Please excuse me, I was curious as to your objection. As a poster stated the company does over 3 billion in a year; So really this is a slap on the wrist.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The main guys had better hope Trump doesn't get wood for them. Or they are doomed.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

3 billion is revenue. Almost 100 mill, they will feel this.

What maybe more important is the message that this could be sending out.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Are you kidding me. It sounds like they do a majority of their work for the Government. I'm sure they've lobbied all the right people already to keep them out of prison. When your company is showing profits of over 3 billion a year you don't ever see the inside of a cell unless you're really stupid.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wish you were not right.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Are you kidding me. It sounds like they do a majority of their work for the Government. I'm sure they've lobbied all the right people already to keep them out of prison. When your company is showing profits of over 3 billion a year you don't ever see the inside of a cell unless you're really stupid.

I agree totally.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Their company showed a revenue of 3 billion not a profit.
I couldn't find a profit statement.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

3 B revenue, and 95 mill fine. They will feel this fine.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sorry. But you know what I'm saying. People heading those kinds of companies, especially ones with Government contracts almost never get jail time. They pay fines and make it all go away.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No objection, just disdain in the end result.

Will this change the law? Will this bring awareness so the laws will be followed? Does the pricetag benefit our country or it's society?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In this case they subverted the law in what sounds like a fairly complicated scheme. But we will never know because everything is off limits as part of the 95 million $ settlement.

These dicks know the law, it is about money, money, money.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If they pay right, people would go do it. I already have a full crew of guys I could call and we would go ASAP.

Paying guys like us would have been way cheaper than 95 million.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join