It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Company to Pay Record 95 million $ Fine for Illegally Hiring Illegal Immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly my point. This isn't an answer to illegal immigration nor a boon to the free market. Unless they lose their gov't contracts that is.....

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If they pay right, people would go do it. I already have a full crew of guys I could call and we would go ASAP. Paying guys like us would have been way cheaper than 95 million.

I hope you are right about the cheaper than 95 mill part.
I would imagine all that depends on how long they got away with using illegals. With 33,000 employees, there is some serious money being made.

The bright idea is to cheapen the labor all the while charging the customers a good old US worker price. This company sucks.

edit on 29-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Paying guys like us would have been way cheaper than 95 million.

Somehow ... I think they got off light paying $95M.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well there you have it.
This is only the beginning.
Just watch and see whats
coming around the corner.

S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

You can credit the current administration if you wish but it doesn't make much sense to do so. ICE began building their case in 2010. They pled guilty. They had no other choice. Totally busted. I'm surprised there aren't criminal (conspiracy) charges involved. Seems the DOJ let them off with just a fine.
www.justice.gov...

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I beg to differ. My ex-husband worked for them for several years and made DAMN good money.

Edit to add: Oops! I thought that was a serious comment until I saw the clarification further down.

edit on 30-9-2017 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
On one hand I'm glad they got busted and fined.
On the other I know first hand that finding drug-free workers is a nightmare. Finding anyone who will do hard manual labor is almost impossible.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
On one hand I'm glad they got busted and fined.
On the other I know first hand that finding drug-free workers is a nightmare. Finding anyone who will do hard manual labor is almost impossible.

* for a decent competive wage.
edit on 31930America/ChicagoSat, 30 Sep 2017 09:31:38 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its surprising that they actually fined them for that much, so i will take it.

They must have pissed off or stepped on the toes of the wrong people.

If this happened more often and executives went to jail their would be no need for a wall.

However i hear its going to be a great wall the best wall of them all.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

* for a decent competitive wage.

And there is the devil that is in the details.

The corps want CHEAP labor. CHEAP.
We are told that if there are too many laborers, wages go down. Too few, wages go up. I call BS on this. There have been help wanted signs up in 3 of the cities I frequent for over a year now. Carpet cleaning, truck driving, restaurants.
I hope we see more of this. I am not apposed to paying more for a product if the workers are paid a good wage/benefit.
Unions.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why cant they do that here in California? Never mind I forgot Gov. Brown is on their side and might impose a tax to cover the fines. I don't need more taxes taken out of my paycheck to cover someone else's ideas that went wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join