It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Shows that Immigrants Don't Steal Jobs from American Citizens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

It should be noted that gambling is on the rise in the country. Maryland has legalized it a few years back I know. It's been doing pretty well from what I've heard too. I wouldn't be surprised if other states are following suit either. Maryland isn't really known to be a leader in liberalizing laws.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Come on America ...be great again

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: SlapMonkey

What if they are taking a job for a company owned by another immigrant?

Discrimination against US citizens in regards to employment is illegal...
www.foxnews.com...

That's a lawsuit, not a criminal charge.

Most workplace discrimination cases are lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd like to consider your point but I'm too offended by you disrespecting my country and its flag with symbols of the traitorous, anti-American Confederacy.

Ironically, this is the same DOJ that submitted an amicus curiae brief arguing that discrimination against LGBT Americans by employers shouldn't be ruled illegal in American courts of law because Title VII of the Civil Rights act of 1964 doesn't specify sexual orientation and "sex" should only be interpreted to mean gender (I assume at birth).

Are they planning to sue the Trump organization for its Mar-a-Lago hiring practices?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Enforce them until Congress repeals or modifies them.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ok. That still doesn't make this a criminal case.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'd like to consider your point but I'm too offended by you disrespecting my country and its flag with symbols of the traitorous, anti-American Confederacy.

Ironically, this is the same DOJ that submitted an amicus curiae brief arguing that discrimination against LGBT Americans by employers shouldn't be ruled illegal in American courts of law because Title VII of the Civil Rights act of 1964 doesn't specify sexual orientation and "sex" should only be interpreted to mean gender (I assume at birth).

Are they planning to sue the Trump organization for its Mar-a-Lago hiring practices?

Makes a slag about "I'm not considering your point" then posts short soliloquy that bears every indication that point was, in fact, considered because there's no other possible way said soliloquy was birthed out of thin air.

Thank you for your consideration,
I do so appreciate the consideration of strangers (and strangers, and strangers, still).

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ok. That still doesn't make this a criminal case.

The decision in those cases will ultimately decide whether the current DOJ interpretation of the laws are correct or not, so we will see. The point is, presently the DOJ considers discrimination against American citizens in the hiring process of businesses in America to be a violation of the law.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well that is a topic for a whole other thread. I'm not really wanting to comment on government bureaucracy of benefits. That is a can of worms in itself, but the way I see it, immigration seems like a possible solution to our medical personal issue (provided they are vetted and properly trained first). I wouldn't let something like the immigration status stand in the way of getting good health care (again provided their education is up to task).

I think a better solution is to quit pushing kids into 4 year universities to load up on liberal arts classes, and instead have them go to vocational arts and juco schools to get nursing licenses.

We spend so much time talking down about vocational training in secondary education, even going so far as pushing concurrent credit classes on kids (that are not really even transferrable, and cost the ISD's a small fortune), and just about zero time working to get kids into vocational programs that can make them ready to provide nursing care in as little as 9 months. The simple fact that you have to get an associates degree to be an RN shows that we don't really care about providing solid medical care. Unless English Comp makes sense for a profession that uses medical shorthand.

We don't need more people in America, as there aren't enough jobs for the people we have. We need to restructure the system so that people can find the jobs that we need to fill.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I dunno. To take advantage of EB-5 you need money to invest. So they aren't laborers directly. I know that there are programs where an employer can "host" a work visa for employees (i've seen it used with Mexican folks in a few industries). The paperwork for that is anightmare, and it isn't exactly cheap.

From the Kenyan's perspective, they get their chances via lottery. Essentially, you have to have some money put back, and meet a group of requirements, before you are eligible for the work visa. The Kenyans I have known working in the states are fantastic people. Its interesting to talk to them, and see how their cultural traditions are utilized here. Few know each other prior to coming here....but the oldest male was still their "elder". Stuff like that.

I have nothing bad to say about the Kenyans I know. Except that there are likely Americans that could use the same opportunity given them.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You would need to break down the segment of non high school diploma to be sure of the claim you are making. Without additional data your conclusion is speculation. It is also possible from the data to come to the completely opposite conclusion, with Hispanics seeing the biggest rises - possibly taking better jobs at the expense of others and thus pushing up the median and mean values for the overall group, whilst the non-Hispanic white population lags behind - now losing out on better jobs.

On that part of the report - non Hispanic white people have seen the lowest increase. More evidence of racism in America? ... but against white people... my conclusion on that is no less valid than yours from the data presented.
edit on 28/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Enforce them until Congress repeals or modifies them.

Excellent. A man of principle.

Out of curiosity how come you chose to chime in about it now with this very specific and targeted law as opposed to the myriad of laws that aren't being enforced (and up until now nobody has heard a word from you about - though if I missed a post in my history search of ATS regarding this topic I apologize and will defer to any example you can provide).

I guess its hard to reconcile your passion for this point with your lack of action on any other front that would resemble impartial application of said passion. Can you understand how this could lead to conjecture implying that your reasons for wanting to enforce this specific immigration law are not entirely altruistic, but perhaps motivated by something less impartial?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There are somewhere between 11 and 17 million illegals inside the USA. We know the law isn't being enforced to it's fullest by that statistic alone. Now, when was the last time a single person, let alone 11 million people rode a moped into Fort Stewart without wearing long trousers and wasn't charged with their crime? Did I have any reason to complain about lax enforcement on the federal regulation making it illegal to hunt doves and pigeons with a machine gun or a "stupefying substance?" Have you ever heard of the authorities looking the other way while 11 million people took home milk from a quarantined giraffe?

If and when we have a sudden uptick in American wines with "Zombie" in their label brand names, by all means, alert me to it and watch me rail.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve is a trustworthy source now?
The same group who've stolen Trillions from the American people.
Ok, sure.
The laws of supply and demand don't exist now, it that their supposition?
When I was young you could always find a job, it might not pay well and you might be shoveling pig crap but at least you could find work. I did landscaping for a couple years when engraving work was scarce but now you can't get hired because you don't speak Spanish.

In sum, this report is what I previously referred to shoveling.
Only the top end of wage earners have seen any rise at all in wages.
The vast majority of Americans just keep falling further behind inflation and increased taxes.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
African Americans still have nearly the double the "reported" unemployment rate than all other races in America. Couldn't they use those jobs? I mean they're actually here legally.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What you did there is known as "Bulverism".

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

There are somewhere between 11 and 17 million illegals inside the USA. We know the law isn't being enforced to it's fullest by that statistic alone. Now, when was the last time a single person, let alone 11 million people rode a moped into Fort Stewart without wearing long trousers and wasn't charged with their crime? Did I have any reason to complain about lax enforcement on the federal regulation making it illegal to hunt doves and pigeons with a machine gun or a "stupefying substance?" Have you ever heard of the authorities looking the other way while 11 million people took home milk from a quarantined giraffe?

If and when we have a sudden uptick in American wines with "Zombie" in their label brand names, by all means, alert me to it and watch me rail.

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=wine&ie=UTF8&qid=1506629266&sr=1-2&keywords=zombie+wine

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=wine&ie=UTF8&qid=1506629266&sr=1-3&keywords=zombi e+wine

www.wine-searcher.com...

I look forward to your post on Zombie wine and the atrocious influx of illegality its brought to America (and more specifically that wretched hive of scum and villainy heretofore referred to as California).

Regarding your claim that there are 11-17 million illegals in the country (and practically nobody breaking/prosecuted for the bizarre laws I linked earlier) once again illustrates that you can't make an absolute assertion then imply that there is some subjective quantification upon which it begins to apply - this effectively negates the absolutism you espoused earlier. Is the law absolute (and worthy of being enforced regardless of the amount of people purported to be subject to it), or are there laws that by virtue of the relevancy/applicability to a substantial enough group/public opinion deserve to be selectively enforced?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Krazysh0t
One time, I was walking into a job to apply, and then an illegal just snuck right in front of me and took my jerb!! Boy was I upset!

It doesnt have this seasons. Now its Google & Amazon that turk kew do.

And oh man last nights new episode the best: turns out that the crybaby victim groups got nuthin on neanderthals.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Your my man's... so i'm just going to narrow my eyes...

(narrows his eyes)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What you did there is known as "Bulverism".

Not quite. I don't assume burdman30ott6 is wrong, I merely don't agree with him. In this case I believe you are confusing it with my attempt to posit the fairness of burdman30ott6's opinions therein, insomuch as I first establish what it is exactly that he believes.

That being said I had no idea of the concept, so thanks for educational interlude.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join