It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So, they are private citizens but when the last administration bugged and investigated private citizens it was ok, right? That was more a violation of rights than a man calling out another man for not being patriotic.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh honey, I don't know what you said to me. I haven't read your posts in months. I can't believe you still read mine!

Have a good one!

The short version is you were talking rubbish.
Toodeloo.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, they are private citizens but when the last administration bugged and investigated private citizens it was ok, right? That was more a violation of rights than a man calling out another man for not being patriotic.

Oh yeah. These are the same thing. * rolls eyes*

What they do is none of his business and you know it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some research on what people think of the NFL protests:

Q7:
Last week, Donald Trump said NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem. Do you think NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem?
Yes: 64% No: 25% Unsure: 11%

Q8:
On Sunday, a number of NFL players knelt during the national anthem in protest of Donald Trump’s statements, including players from your favorite team. Does this make you more likely or less likely to watch your favorite team’s games in the future? More likely: 30% Less likely: 50% No difference: 20%

remingtonresearchgroup.com...

Looks like the President may once again have put the spotlight on radical leftists dressing up their minority views as mainstream.
edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

NFL has had shoddy management for a while now. Examples: The haphazard punishing of domestic assault cases among players, the Redskins name issue, handling of the patriots' cheating scandals, covering up or downplaying concussion reports, haphazard enforcement of marijuana policies, and there are more. So calling out the NFL management's handling of the rules is nothing new.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well, that's fascinating; hadn't thought about it quite that way, but you're quite correct in that the black Americans most people know about are the athletes; although I'd guess that black musicians run a close second along with Movie/TV actors and actresses.

Part of the problem with the complacent masses is that for the most part, they don't live where the problem exists and never will. As a result of geographical separation, the complacent masses simply don't see the problem.

If you can damage the economies of the major metro areas enough, then, the politicians will take notice and that's probably the best way to approach the problem and get the changes you want to see.

The protests in Ferguson have garnered results! Now the town has a black City Manager, black Police Chief and black Police commander! www.huffingtonpost.com...

I can't find demographic data for the police department, but I'd guess that's changed biggly as well!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No, one is worse so I guess they are not the same thing. What O did was worse.
However, here are just a few times the 'government' butted in or commented in the last 3 presidents....

I seem to remember Clinton in 94/94 stepping in to stop a baseball strike. I guess he was wrong to for butting in.
I remember another on in 2002 with Bush

Meanwhile, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said President Bush would be "furious" if a strike occurred, but he gave no indication the president would step in to head off a strike

or my all time favorite was Obama calling the NFL an 'old boys network'. Man, cannot get more racist than that!

“There has been a little bit of an old boys network in terms of how [the NFL] operates,” Obama said on ESPN Radio's “The Herd with Colin Cowherd.” “There have been some blind spots that are rooted not just in pro football but dating back to college football and certain behaviors have been tolerated historically that really should not have been tolerated. Hopefully this is a wake-up call.”

what made it worse was it was regarding a domestic violence case which they should take a knee for...

So tell me again where presidents have not stepped into Sports?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually, in my original post I was sort of "ribbing" you, but I guess that didn't come through.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh I got it. I was just taking the higher road than you were.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ha, ha...........you always do! But then again.......you're "Krazy".

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: soberbacchus

a reply to: Gryphon66

What is wrong with being proud of our country instead of ashamed?

Who says those kneeling are not proud of their country?

Their allegiance and pride, however, is not blind.

When their is wounded player on the field, all players kneel in unity.

Trump has spent his time in office preying on the division's in this country, appealing to bigots and racists.

He is a sick, weak, thin-skinned, narcissistic incompetent man and the worst leader this country has ever had.

The President is an infection and has done the precise opposite of unify or heal this countries worsening wounds and division.

What did Obama do to help the impoverished black communities other than rile them up? Gonna be a long 4 years for you Communists innit?

Obama is not the President or the topic and I am not a communist.

Your post seems to be a little ideo-ill. get better soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well, that's fascinating; hadn't thought about it quite that way, but you're quite correct in that the black Americans most people know about are the athletes; although I'd guess that black musicians run a close second along with Movie/TV actors and actresse

Now take that a step further. There are also black troops, firefighters, entrepreneurs, investors, homeowners, inventors, etc. And other than the token one or 2, how many of them get asked for their takes to these issues either? On the other hand, when the entertainers do speak up (from boxers and football players to rappers and actresses) they're told to shut up, do it on their own time, etc. It's like the ones who aren't seen are never heard, while the ones who are seen should only be seen but not heard. Unless they parrot a common right wing or left wing media narrative, of course lol.

If you can damage the economies of the major metro areas enough, then, the politicians will take notice and that's probably the best way to approach the problem and get the changes you want to see.

Honestly I think the best approach is for minorities to get more active politically. By "minorities" I mean any under-represented group, and by "more active politically" I mean to start hiring lobbyists, running for local govt positions, becoming police, becoming judges, joining trade organizations and special interest groups, starting or joining political action committees, etc.

I understand the theories behind nonviolent resistance but I don't think it's efficient to basically beg the people in power to make changes. It's much more efficient to simply enact those changes themselves/ourselves. When oil companies want new laws and regulations, they don't protest & sing "We Shall Overcome". They hire lobbyists to push those new laws, fund the political careers of members of the oil industry, and threaten expensive reelection fights against any uncooperative politicians.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ACCURACY of the attack on the subject targeted,comes to mind, OH he adapts and changes I think in politics they call it FLIPPING ,but since HEW isn't political ,it's hard to define by traditional lawyerese standards.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

No one is concerned? It seems everyone is concerned. Who cares? We have to deal with him because the other party ran the most disgusting human in the world (Trump is a close 2nd), and idiots think the two party system works for them

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

How about Obama just doesn't politicize social issues or current events just because he has an opinion about them? How about Obama attempts to understand the significance of the power his words have over the nation and thinks about what he says before saying it? How about Obama act like a dignified President instead of a school yard bully against white people and non Muslims?

I took your words and replaced it with Obama. He did this. Instead of using himself as the first black president and rising about it all he, his wife and his administration made sure everyone knew how 'bad' black people have it and will continue to have it. It is the most ignorant garbage I ever witnessed but I lived through 8 years of it. Now, he is gone thank god but the same attitude to divide us, the media, keeps up the racist garbage.

Except blacks DO have it bad. White privilege and white fragility and unconscious racism are terms worth googling. Also studies have been performed on incarceration of blacks and it's found only the addition of race profiling--intentions aside--can explain all the data.

And islamophobia has been a problem for a while. If Obama was trying to reach out to muslims, it's well deserved. Because some terrorist follow islam, doesn't make it right to hate muslims. Hating terrorism is more logical.

Obama himself wasn't muslim. He's a christian. Some people thought he was because his name and relations. I think his father was muslim for some months or a few years early in his life, but for most of his life he's been an atheist. Obama has a muslim step brother?

This making you uncomfortable is your problem, not Obama's.
edit on 9/26/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Trump governs like an abusive husband. I can imagine him saying, "Don't make me hit you," or "It's your fault for making me so angry" to dissenters. He's sick in the head.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

and so do whites, asians, hispanics and native Americans. White privilege? These papers read like every white person is upper middle class. There are more poor white people in the US than there are blacks. Poor. Dirt poor. What, since they are white they have some magic gene that lets them get ahead. All people have problems and situations that they cannot get out of. Profiling. I used to have to drive a friend home to an all black area after work late. Got pulled over ALL the time because why would a white kid be in the ghetto at midnight. To buy drugs. So I guess I was a victim also.

We hear all about crack and incarceration and blacks but sorry there is a large opiate and meth issues that destroys towns and cities. Families. It is an epidemic.

WE ALL have it bad but in 2017 there is no longer an excuse in the US for not getting ahead.

Rebecca Lee Crumpler. 153 years ago she became the first black female doctor in the US. If you are instilled as a child that anything can be accomplished it will. If you are fed hate and lies and told people hold you down what do you think will happen?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: Gryphon66

What is wrong with being proud of our country instead of ashamed?

Who says those kneeling are not proud of their country?

Their allegiance and pride, however, is not blind.

When their is wounded player on the field, all players kneel in unity.

Trump has spent his time in office preying on the division's in this country, appealing to bigots and racists.

He is a sick, weak, thin-skinned, narcissistic incompetent man and the worst leader this country has ever had.

The President is an infection and has done the precise opposite of unify or heal this countries worsening wounds and division.

What did Obama do to help the impoverished black communities other than rile them up? Gonna be a long 4 years for you Communists innit?

Obama is not the President or the topic and I am not a communist.

Your post seems to be a little ideo-ill. get better soon.

I am fine! Thanks for caring though!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MrPitts

So you are ok with Trump breaking precedents, disrespecting our history, our military, our judicial system, and on and on; but players kneeling during the anthem and people supporting their decision to do so is just unacceptable to you? Because that is what is being pointed out in the thread.

Disrespect?! Do you know how many politicians dosresoect these institutions? Watching Hillary be questioned on the hill was sickening to the stomach...the disdain she had for those questioning her, the eye rolling, the huffs and puffs, the bad jokes, and the obvious surprise she had that mere senators dare think the are a high enough status of human being to judge her. Or how about bush...there were no WMDs and it might be a different form of disrespect but sending millions of people to their deaths to secure a Rothschild central bank and Halliburton contract in Iraq is more than disrespectful its evil personified. And i could go on forever but get real, trumps not disrespecting

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MrPitts
...the other hand I wish he said it in a more intelligent way that made more sense.

You mean with an 8th grade vocabulary instead of a 6th?

Hey now. Let's not get TOO extreme. 7th grade vocabulary. We wouldn't want to strain his intelligence or anything.

It's really hard to strain a non-existent quality.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join