It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not straw man. I am actually being serious because it is something I deal with my son everyday about based on things he hears in school.

I have had to explain the difference between racism, prejudice and pride. They are three things but the media wants you think they are one. Just like this 'stand' they are taking. It is the children who watch the sports I am most concerned. Becuase where you or I may have a level head you know there are millions of kids hearing a biased view and not explaining the real reason. Ignorant whites will say ' niggas at it again' and black people will say 'racist old white dudes trying to be in charge and control us' . DO NOT EVEN TRY to say those are not the narratives in homes across the country and it needs to end but with things like this, sorry, it will not.

Again, it is for oppression of blacks, right? Non-equal treatment? So why so many blacks in sports making millions if they are oppressed. If you want an equal country stop separating it. Our president is not.

I think it's great that you are teaching your son not to listen to the lies of media.

You are concerned about kids seeing their football heroes make a statement in defense of people who can't defend themselves?

Yeah, adults all flavors are jerks. I can't see the problem in a kid seeing their heroes taking a silent minute to honor a cause while still honoring the flag and the anthem. To me, that's showing that there can be win-win situations.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Because middle class folks have to spend 400 bucks on tickets for a family of four to go to a game. Add in 10 dollar beers and 8 dollar cokes and it is a 500 dollar day. I think most people are more worried about paying the electric. That is where the decline in the NFL is coming from. So, this is the perfect conduit for the businessmen to use the old President Trump destroyed the NFL with a tweet excuse for their Board meetings.

Taking a knee will not kill the NFL...greed will.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: roadgravel

Again, it is for oppression of blacks, right? Non-equal treatment? So why so many blacks in sports making millions if they are oppressed.

The US is a wealthy country. Why doesn't every citizen have a better life?

Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

I know what you are referring to but,

Someone born with the physical traits for sports is the same as equal opportunity? Not quite that simple in some cases.

link   

I am concerned about children being caught in a cycle of ignorance. You or I may be able to explain and have dialogue but many do not. Many of those are young black kids who see sports as a way out.

I just truly think there are more important things to discuss in the country but at the same time I do not fault our president for addressing it from a patriotic sense. It is who he is. However, there is NO racism here but the media keeps pushing it and pushing it losing the initial reason for the protest.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: matafuchs

Standing for the anthem is also specified in the NFL rules.

No it isn't.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

...from the NFL Game Operations Manual.

First off, where is your link? Second off, I bolded a few words that you should look up in a dictionary.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

LOL, you missed the part where the MUST be on the sideline, so we can say that the players broke the rules regardless of standing.

Um... No I didn't. The players kneeling are still on the sideline aren't they?

As for "should", it's clearly not a suggestion.

Yes. Yes it is. When the ruling uses the word "must" in relation to where they are on the field before it starts then switches to should that means the requirement is different. Any court of law would make swiss cheese of this argument you are attempting. Should and must have very different definitions and both are used throughout the ruling for different things. It is very clear as to what the players are required to do and what they are merely suggested to do.

You stepped in it like Snopes (is that your oracle)... they had to backtrack after claiming there were no rules too, LOL. Took them an hour to shout false and then they crawled back into their shells.

Says the guy who doesn't know what the word "should" means.

Hello... some players stayed in the locker room. You haven't even kept up to date with events. /facepalm
edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Taking a knee will not kill the NFL...greed will.

We can only hope...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Again, it is for oppression of blacks, right? Non-equal treatment? So why so many blacks in sports making millions if they are oppressed.

The US is a wealthy country. Why doesn't every citizen have a better life?

Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

I know what you are referring to but,

Someone born with the physical traits for sports is the same as equal opportunity? Not quite that simple in some cases.

Not sure that can be solved - unless we go full on crazy and start penalising people for having better physical attributes.
Unfortunately, nature does not listen to the fantasy that we're all equal.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I am concerned about children being caught in a cycle of ignorance. You or I may be able to explain and have dialogue but many do not. Many of those are young black kids who see sports as a way out.

I just truly think there are more important things to discuss in the country but at the same time I do not fault our president for addressing it from a patriotic sense. It is who he is. However, there is NO racism here but the media keeps pushing it and pushing it losing the initial reason for the protest.

Our President didn't approach it from a patriotic sense. Is there something patriotic about calling people SOBs? Is that something you want to encourage kids to do????

Is there something patriotic about a President trying to influence the economy over such a trivial matter?

Donald Trump is a promoter. He's selling his brand. That's what he's done all his life.

Although you may not see it yet, he is tarnishing the American brand by association.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I am aware of the players and teams that did that, but that is a separate issue from the kneeling. The issue started with kneeling. Everyone got bent out of shape over the kneeling. Players didn't start staying in the locker room until Trump said what he said. People NOW are still talking about the kneeling. Your original argument was that players are required to stand. You only moved the goal posts back to the players staying in the locker room after I pointed out the adverbs in the rules that made your argument wrong. Though it sounds like the NFL is standing with the players who stayed in the locker room too. So there's that as well.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

He is not affecting the economy. The NFL is doing that will their pricing.

As far as calling them SOB's. He was at a rally and said quite a bit more than just that.

Unified by same great American values, proud of our country, respect our flag

He talks about disrespect...and how it is hurting the game.

Video embedded....time.com...

What is wrong with being proud of our country instead of ashamed?

edit on Sepam30amf0000002017-09-26T11:45:34-05:001134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's Racist?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Exactly. It was not racist when they signed that 7 year, 49 million dollar deal though...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MrPitts
...the other hand I wish he said it in a more intelligent way that made more sense.

You mean with an 8th grade vocabulary instead of a 6th?

Don't knock 6th graders. They are definitely more mature than Trump.

edit on 26-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Who says those kneeling are not proud of their country?

Their allegiance and pride, however, is not blind.

When their is wounded player on the field, all players kneel in unity.

Trump has spent his time in office preying on the division's in this country, appealing to bigots and racists.

He is a sick, weak, thin-skinned, narcissistic incompetent man and the worst leader this country has ever had.

The President is an infection and has done the precise opposite of unify or heal this countries worsening wounds and division.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The truth? The football players are private citizens who can do whatever they want in protest. They are paid a great deal of money for their athletic talents. It's our arena for sporting and entertainment, and Trump needs to STHU
and attend to the governing of this country. What these players do is none of his damned business.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Who says those kneeling are not proud of their country?

Their allegiance and pride, however, is not blind.

When their is wounded player on the field, all players kneel in unity.

Trump has spent his time in office preying on the division's in this country, appealing to bigots and racists.

He is a sick, weak, thin-skinned, narcissistic incompetent man and the worst leader this country has ever had.

The President is an infection and has done the precise opposite of unify or heal this countries worsening wounds and division.

What did Obama do to help the impoverished black communities other than rile them up? Gonna be a long 4 years for you Communists innit?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

The truth? The football players are private citizens who can do whatever they want in protest. They are paid a great deal of money for their athletic talents. It's our arena for sporting and entertainment, and Trump needs to STHU
and attend to the governing of this country. What these players do is none of his damned business.

Wrong on so many levels. Social issues are most certainly something the President should care about. If it's none of his damn business then it is certainly none of yours either.

As for doing whatever they want in protest, no NFL players can't and neither can anyone else. There are rules to protesting. In this instance, all they have done is broken the league rules, for which the President rightly called for them to be punished. After all, the NFL punished others for political statements - surely you are not for the type of discrimination the NFL is displaying by censoring and punishing some, but not others?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Onslaught9966

It's kind of hard to sit back and get lectured about the Freedom of Speech from Progressives who do everything within their power to shut down any form of speech they disagree with........

BINGO!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh honey, I don't know what you said to me. I haven't read your posts in months. I can't believe you still read mine!

Have a good one!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I am aware of the players and teams that did that, but that is a separate issue from the kneeling. The issue started with kneeling. Everyone got bent out of shape over the kneeling. Players didn't start staying in the locker room until Trump said what he said. People NOW are still talking about the kneeling. Your original argument was that players are required to stand. You only moved the goal posts back to the players staying in the locker room after I pointed out the adverbs in the rules that made your argument wrong. Though it sounds like the NFL is standing with the players who stayed in the locker room too. So there's that as well.

Yes indeed, there is that as well. The NFL is playing politics by allowing some political displays and not others - not enforcing their rules when the commissioner's politics get stroked. Quite the discriminatory league it seems. With the reaction we're getting from the supporters of these spoiled brat players it's clear discrimination is not an issue for them - only politics and attacking the President. No values as long as the outcome is desired. It was ever thus with the radicals in society.
edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join