It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting ESPN Where It Hurts Most

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Fools

I dumped cable years back, but I'm guessing my sports watching wasn't as heavy as yours. Apple TV has subscriptions to sports channels. I just use AppleTV and bought Netflix and Hulu which were $9 USD ea. My Cale bill was $85 USD a month and now I only pay $18 USD a month and see all the same things I did before with less commercials too!

Yeah, I am using Kindle and I just loaded Kujo (sp?) so I am thinking my fee may well be just 90 bucks a year - or whatever AMazon Prime ends up being.

Not a fan of Bezoz, but I hate cable companies more.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I support your right to protest and boycott!

So, in that spirit of fair play, here is how you effect real change in broadcast COMMERCIAL television.

1) Watch one more game. You can pick, but it would be better if it was a game where the player protests that you dislike are a part of the programming. During the commercial breaks, write down every advertiser. If they have multiple commercials, make a note of that.

2) After the game, head over to your computer. Find postal mail addresses for customer support at every one of those advertisers. Craft a personal letter for each advertiser that explains your stance on player protests and explain to them that if they continue to advertise on ESPN/CBS/whatever, you will no longer remain their customer.

3) Buy some stamps and mail out those letters.

4) Wait one month.

5) Watch one more game. Write down the advertisers again. Compare your first list with your second list. Stop buying the products for the advertisers that did not listen to your concerns.

6) For added impact write thank you letters to all of the advertisers that caved in to your demands. Send a second letter to the advertisers that did not, which explains your position again and informs them that they have lost a customer.

7) Never buy those products again. Feel free to expand your boycott to sister products from the same company (stop buying all Nabisco products if Triscuit won't stop advertising on these games).

That is how you boycott. This works for any medium that relies on advertising.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Liquesence

They signed contracts,in the contracts they are held to standards,not acting like a 10 yr old is one of them,there could be some unemployed jocks soon,just like a liberal,pledge to do one thing,then do the ooposite

Have you read each individual contract to know the terms?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Football is my religion! Football is my addiction! This sucks but yes, I too am tuning out the NFL. I already have the shakes, but hey, I'll get over it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus>>>> I was watching ESPN last night while at a restaurant eating dinner. They were kicking around the Trump vs The NFL stories and then this basketball player was interviewed. I have no idea who he was but he he played 10 seasons and now is on a new team. Anyway, he had a t shirt on that said " Goat in NYC." Now I admit to have an interest in following the occult and Satanism which seems to be spreading among the elite and is amok in DC politics. That its in the entertainment industry and Hollywood is a given. So the shirt intrigued me. I found out it was first worn by Jay Z in NYC. Jay Z who is rumored to be an illuminati. Now these musical artists are not part of the illuminati, they're like slaves or really just livestock to the illuminati. But are the illuminati moving into professional sports or have they been there for a while? Tim Tebow was shunned for his religious beliefs and now the NFL has declared war on patriotism outright. Not that the country hasn't pretty much fallen but Trump was at least one last gasp of sanity and freedom for it. Which is incredibly sad if Trump is the lone voice of sanity left in DC.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Goat generally stands for "Greatest Of All Time". Tim Tebow wasn't shunned. People showed up in droves to support the guy, even with his minor league baseball contract this year. People love to paint religious people as persecuted, but that's simple false. Christians are just super quick to scream persecution any time anybody disagrees with them. Tebow didn't last in the NFL because he wasn't a good quarterback, not because of his religious views, there are tons of NFL players that share those beliefs, and funny you should mention "shunning" a player over religious views, yet you have no problem with Kaepernick being blackballed out of his career for doing something well within his rights over an extremely important issue in America today.

The NFL didn't declare a war on patriotism, they supported their players right to non violent protest to express concern over an important issue in America today. Trump only made things worse by ignoring the issue they are trying to bring to light and telling people to boycott the NFL over a few offended patriots. It's laughable and it's even funnier claiming Trump is the sane one here. Isn't he the one that started the whole "triggered" and "snowflake" BS? He won the presidency by telling offended people to shut up, and now he's in that same situation and proving to be a hypocrite.
edit on 9 27 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This will end when the advertisers get more heat and boycotts happen against the advertisers on the NFL games. This may be free speech, but free market and money is the thing that keeps the NFL and the players in the game. This distraction will run its course soon and it will be banned from the broadcast of the game. Owners will tell players to protest on they own time, that the game is not the appropriate venue. Trust me, this will end soon.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join