It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proclaims Sunday Sept 3rd 2017 as a National Day for Harvey-related Prayers.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It shouldn't be about winning. ATS used to be about the facts and denying ignorance.

I know it isn't anymore but I like to think that it could be.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Who is arguing?

I never understood what you were trying to say. Can't argue if you don't even know what the other person is saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
ATS used to be about the facts and denying ignorance.

Uh... be the change you want to see, maybe?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I suddenly find that there are more cold, dead hearts here than I had realized. People suffering and trying to find peace and some of you make fun of them. What is wrong with you people.

I can't or won't attempt to explain it, but Prayer can move mountains. According to some It got Donald Trump elected. It gave me peace when l lost my grandparents. I for one think our county is worth praying for, and as usual, I think the President is basically good guy.

You may attack me now.

Nobody is going to attack you. You speak from the heart.

And I agree and I will pray with and for them SINCERELY

People though at this time are skeptical of motives….

Not the great people of Texas but politicians

To the great people of Texas, I salute you and indeed pray for your safety. For they have done tremendous charity towards each other that is a beacon of love to all of us, and a example of how we should serve each other in times of distress.

I've seen it. Strangers risking their lives going out into the night to save strangers.

Mosques giving their places over to the people. Businesses taking in the distressed people.

It warms the heart and I am deeply affected by this sincere love and charity.

Thank you oh people of Texas and may almighty God keep you in his bosom and restore you to security and safety

edit on 1-9-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Fair enough.

It's sad though that some would jump on this to spew hatred towards people of faith. Bigotry is and ugly thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It shouldn't be about winning. ATS used to be about the facts and denying ignorance.

Again, I agree.

ATS also used to be about civilized debate, compassion for one another...even those we completely disagreed with and while we may have disagreed with them, we did not try to tear others down for what they believed.

I'm guilty of that from time to time myself, but if we want to see the change, suppose we have to be the change.

Edit: ott6 beat me to it.
edit on 1-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

(post by knowledgehunter0986 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Fair enough.

It's sad though that some would jump on this to spew hatred towards people of faith. Bigotry is and ugly thing.

My friend, I am a person of faith as wild as I sound sometimes.

My words were not against the people of simple beautiful sincere faith

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what side of the isle this is coming from... government sponsored prayer is plainly unconstitutional.
Some judges historically could read the writing on the wall, some couldn't.

On top of that, coming from Trump, it's just pathetic. No doubt he's about as religious as a bad of dirt.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
It doesn't matter what side of the isle this is coming from... government sponsored prayer is plainly unconstitutional.
Some judges historically could read the writing on the wall, some couldn't.

On top of that, coming from Trump, it's just pathetic. No doubt he's about as religious as a bad of dirt.

Government sponsored prayer...

What?

Where?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A bit contrary. The facts don't spare peoples feelings.

We were here to tare down the argument, if people take it personally that is their problem. T&C still keep us from going after the player.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

T&C still keep us from going after the player.

This is correct.

If it weren't for T and C some would be bitchslapped up and down the boards, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Prayer after a disaster.

Mmhmm. Because thinking something to yourself instead of actually doing something to help does tons of useful things. A head conversation rebuilds, feeds, clothes, houses, repairs, resettles, buries the dead, treats injuries, pays the mounting bills for all of the aforementioned, etc.

Other than making the person doing it feel better about doing nothing at all, it's a complete waste of time (and an insulting one at that) to call on the people for. You're just telling them it's ok to do nothing as long as the words they say to themselves sound nice enough.
edit on 9/1/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Praying and doing something(like donating to relief) aren't mutually exclusive. People can and do both. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Nickn3
I suddenly find that there are more cold, dead hearts here than I had realized. People suffering and trying to find peace and some of you make fun of them. What is wrong with you people.

I can't or won't attempt to explain it, but Prayer can move mountains. According to some It got Donald Trump elected. It gave me peace when l lost my grandparents. I for one think our county is worth praying for, and as usual, I think the President is basically good guy.

You may attack me now.

Thank you oh people of Texas and may almighty God keep you in his bosom and restore you to security and safety

Nice statement. Straight from the heart!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join