It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proclaims Sunday Sept 3rd 2017 as a National Day for Harvey-related Prayers.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Ask what?
edit on 1-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

(post by knowledgehunter0986 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Did you miss the part in parenthesis?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Do you even know what I'm saying because this pretty much just stemmed from someone saying Trump was sincere?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nobody has confidence in Trumps sincerity

Its called prayer to be seen of men

Why are you dragging political trolling into this topic? Any President would have and has done the same thing.

This is about a day of prayer bringing comfort to many as a way for the rest of the country to say to the victims we are behind you. How people pray, in private or public is up to them.

Like I said, kicking puppies.

I love puppies

And the only person I know who has been kicking puppies is Donald Trump

Its not political trolling, it is my opinion and observation of how he operates and the way people view his sincerity.

You can’t do divisive acts most of the time and when one does cumbaya expect people to fall in line and just forget pass actions.

People who do that are the victims of a con

Consistency!

However, I always will maintain the possibility that maybe he’ll change for the better

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sometimes people who mean to reply to someone either use the page reply button or edit out the "reply to" tag.

Either way, it was an open question and anyone, including myself, can answer, so I did.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Do you even know what I'm saying because this pretty much just stemmed from someone saying Trump was sincere?

Did you miss the part with the period? Starting a new line of thought?

(post by Jonjonj removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Not your post. Where I jumped in. You know, what "I'm" talking about.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Your post made no sense to me, that is why I asked in the first place. Reading it again isn't going to change that.

ETA: Here is what you posted, so you know I at least looked at it again.

When you need somebody you had better hope they don't share your insistence in definition.

Still makes no sense to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Why are you dragging political trolling into this topic? Any President would have and has done the same thing.

This is about a day of prayer bringing comfort to many as a way for the rest of the country to say to the victims we are behind you. How people pray, in private or public is up to them.

I love puppies

Its not political trolling, it is my opinion and observation of how he operates and the way people view his sincerity.

You can’t do divisive acts most of the time and when one does cumbaya expect people to fall in line and just forget pass actions.

Consistency!

However, I always will maintain the possibility that maybe he’ll change for the better

I actually agree, but I wonder if topics such as this are the proper place to debate such things.

Even if you are factually correct, the sensitive nature of the topic itself makes it very easy for people to use an appeal to emotion to counter your arguments. It may be illogical, but it is understandable.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2017 by Jonjonj because: refresh

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I love puppies

Consistency!

I actually agree, but I wonder if topics such as this are the proper place to debate such things.

Even if you are factually correct, the sensitive nature of the topic itself makes it very easy for people to use an appeal to emotion to counter your arguments. It may be illogical, but it is understandable.

It’s like your wayward child being a monster all week in school

Comes home and all of a sudden

Oh, mommy and Daddy, I’m sorry… Ill be a good boy…Look I brought you these pretty flowers and did all of my homework

And at school his victims have bloody noses, torn cloths, teachers are nervous wrecks

The new week begins the same old cycle and by the end of the week the parents are fooled again

Its called a con. I've seen it LIVE by con men greater than Trump

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I suddenly find that there are more cold, dead hearts here than I had realized. People suffering and trying to find peace and some of you make fun of them. What is wrong with you people.

I can't or won't attempt to explain it, but Prayer can move mountains. According to some It got Donald Trump elected. It gave me peace when l lost my grandparents. I for one think our county is worth praying for, and as usual, I think the President is basically good guy.

You may attack me now.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is a publicity stunt by Trump I guarantee you.

This is pure virtue signaling, bringing Facebook's hollow and vapid "1 like = 1 prayer" and "national anything day" memes into his arsenal. This will win a lot of people over as evidenced by this thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Look, if this is a turning point and Trump breaks the cycle of abuse this time…WONDERFUL

However, I have my doubts

Time

WillTell

As Tine tells all tales

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Post on topic, please......

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I suddenly find that there are more cold, dead hearts here than I had realized. People suffering and trying to find peace and some of you make fun of them. What is wrong with you people.

I can't or won't attempt to explain it, but Prayer can move mountains. According to some It got Donald Trump elected. It gave me peace when l lost my grandparents. I for one think our county is worth praying for, and as usual, I think the President is basically good guy.

You may attack me now.

You are right. Whether you believe in god or not (which I do not) getting people together can move the proverbial mountain.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I love puppies

Consistency!

It’s like your wayward child being a monster all week in school

Comes home and all of a sudden

Oh, mommy and Daddy, I’m sorry… Ill be a good boy…Look I brought you these pretty flowers and did all of my homework

And at school his victims have bloody noses, torn cloths, teachers are nervous wrecks

The new week begins the same old cycle and by the end of the week the parents are fooled again

Its called a con. I've seen it LIVE by con men greater than Trump

Again, I agree. The problem is that even though you may be right, there is no way to win in a situation such as this.

No matter how right you may be, people will see it as you, and others, as being partisan, insensitive dicks.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join