It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proclaims Sunday Sept 3rd 2017 as a National Day for Harvey-related Prayers.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If you require 'permission' to pray for those in need, perhaps you should rethink your spiritual practice.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not according to fundies. According to them Allah is a moon god.

link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!! or a Street Corner!!!!

Trolling, And What To Do About It
Ad Hominem Attacks And You
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
That includes Posting Bans.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Withdrawn.
edit on 1-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Not according to fundies. According to them Allah is a moon god.

They aren't even the majority of the Muslim world.
edit on 1-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ok. Krishna and Buddha then.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Actually, let's be fair ... this is from Trump's proclaimation ...

I urge Americans of all faiths and religious traditions and backgrounds to offer prayers today for all those harmed by Hurricane Harvey, including people who have lost family members or been injured, those who have lost homes or other property, and our first responders, law enforcement officers, military personnel, and medical professionals leading the response and recovery efforts.

We'll just skip over that he quoted the Christian Bible earlier ... I sense General Kelly's hand at work here.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Actually, let's be fair ... this is from Trump's proclaimation ...

I urge Americans of all faiths and religious traditions and backgrounds to offer prayers today for all those harmed by Hurricane Harvey, including people who have lost family members or been injured, those who have lost homes or other property, and our first responders, law enforcement officers, military personnel, and medical professionals leading the response and recovery efforts.

We'll just skip over that he quoted the Christian Bible earlier ... I sense General Kelly's hand at work here.

Not Pence?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I'm trying to be nice.

I'm not sure Mr. Pence would have included that statement.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I think he meant that Kelly reminded Trump that Americans come in different flavors.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I think he meant that Kelly reminded Trump that Americans come in different flavors.

Yeah. I figured it out after I made that stupid post. LOL. Thanks.

But it's pretty clear which brand of religion they favor.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

If you require 'permission' to pray for those in need, perhaps you should rethink your spiritual practice.

If a nation is under judgement then the Lord will only help those who help themselves and I think were about there I prayed for another situation today and was told by a voice sorry your too late.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So it's God's will that 3.1 million children starve to death every year? You worship one sick puppy.

No, it's man's fault... God gave free will to mankind. There are evil people out there in all walks of life and in all religious and non-religious circles. Oh and btw...what's your stance on "abortion" again?...

Amazing, even when President Trump just asks for a day of prayer for the victims and people who were affected in Texas and several left-wing ATS members get into a wild frenzy... BTW, asking for prayers for the victims in Texas is not going to stop the physical aid being sent to these people...

edit on 2-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Oh and hey, btw, i am guessing you, Black_Fox, and others who agree with you two also want to blame God for the evils that left-wing Atheists have been bringing to the world?...

I don't think they are really blaming god, they are pointing out how illogical a belief in a loving god is when these things are allowed to happen, no matter who does it.

Your post really doesn't refute that.

edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Permission is not needed for one to pray. Who told you that?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I prayed for another situation today and was told by a voice sorry your too late.

Two-way communications. NEAT!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I don't think they are really blaming god, they are pointing out how illogical a belief in a loving god is when these things are allowed to happen, no matter who does it.

Your post really doesn't refute that.

Are you going to blame God because a mosquito with dengue stung you? Yes, God did create everything but that doesn't equal to "God made the mosquito with dengue sting you".

Will you blame a painter if you bought a painting from him, and when you hanged the painting in a very thin nail it fell in your head and caused you a blunt head trauma injury?

edit on 2-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You missed the point.

Nobody is really blaming god because he doesn't exist. They are saying that all the prayers before Harvey even touched down didn't help because there is nobody on the other end of the line. They are rhetorical questions made so that you might, but probably won't, take an actual look at how logical the claim is.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: buster2010

So it's God's will that 3.1 million children starve to death every year? You worship one sick puppy.

Amazing, even when President Trump just asks for a day of prayer for the victims and people who were affected in Texas and several left-wing ATS members get into a wild frenzy... BTW, asking for prayers for the victims in Texas is not going to stop the physical aid being sent to these people...

They are full of hate, plain and simple. Asking for a day of prayer, whether prayer does any good or not, keeps the issue in people's minds, and may persuade those that do believe to donate to the cause. For some people though, they will take anything, twist anything, to bash Trump. They would rather America suffer, just so they can blame it on The Donald.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join