It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
We don't agree on this.

He didn't release her the moment he found out the hospital had already drawn the patient's blood.

This detective was a phlebotomist and a part time paramedic. He has been around a hospital ER a time or two. He knew that hospital had drawn blood.

Why didn't he ask for a report or a sample?

Why did he demand that he draw the victim's blood, even when it was explained to him why she did not have the authority to allow him to do that?

Why didn't he just wait for the hospital administrator? He still was unable to do the blood draw unless he was able to work it out with the administrator.

He released her when the administrator showed up and it was clear that he had no justifiable reason to arrest he, or to hold her. That is why he is on administrative leave and why he may be facing a lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have no idea, but that was a major over reaction on his part. Even if it was for a DOT test, his reaction was completely unnecessary. The only possible curve that could be thrown into the investigation is the driver's HOS status at the time. That's the only thing that would affect the at fault status of the accident. This detective lost his damn mind for no good reason that I can see.

link   

Point out in the video where the medical professionals state they just want to fight with the police

link   

Wow ok, yes I read them and Zaphod posted some from the DOT and Shamrock agreed with you and I "think" reposted some quotes from yours. I'm not going back through 30+ pages that, yes I read and understood, to see if he posted his own. Sorry for trying to point something out that bothered me about posters I had always respected.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Something about this whole thing just doesn't add up. There was no reason for him to flip out like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Why are you accusing anyone of defending the cop? We all have stated he could have acted differently than what he did. The manner in which the nurse was doing her job should be looked at since providing basic information that is allowed under HIPPA to law enforcement involved in an investigation would have ended this before it started.

she did not do that nor did any other medical personnel present.

Why?

Why was it only provided only after the nurse was taken into custody?

Her policy doesnt apply to law enforcement and as we now know the pd didnt change their policy until AFTER this encounter (which happened back in July).

An edited video released by the nurse and her lawyer of 2 minutes when the video is more than 20 minutes.
Failure to mention that they already took a blood sample.
The nurse doing rounds on the talk shows.

Her actions need to be reviewed just as the officers actions are since they play into each other.

While i respect your position their are a lot of factors playing into this and it is not as black and white as its being made out to be.

(post by GBP/JPY removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Point out in the video where the medical professionals state they just want to fight with the police

Point out in the video where medical staff told the officer they already took a blood sample.

They knew thats why he was there and knew what he needed. They only decided to share it after the nurse was in custody - why?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

In fact he did unless you are accusing the detective of lying in his report now. He released her when he found out a blood draw was done by medical staff.

Why didnt the nurses present tell him?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What's HOS status please? And thanks for the DoT stuff earlier, I never knew any of that.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

WHAT??????

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You are the one saying you are just pointing out facts as they are in the video, then make a statement that the medical pro's just wanted to fight with the cops, I am asking you to show me in the video where they state that? Let's deal in facts only not your conjecture. Again I do not believe for 1 second you are LE but if you are you are a meathead just like the guy in the video which would explain your staunch defense of him.

link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The detective in question has been a paramedic for 30 years and is a trained phlebotomist and is a member of the 10 man blood draw unit with the police department.

Your actions you discussed would land you in jail if not a coffin.

As for a citizens arrest you may want to research how that works since its state by state and governed differently in each state.

Just saying.

link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

Hours Of Service. We have to take a break of a certain duration, at certain points through the day. If we're over on any one of the four clocks we have to monitor and are in an accident, it's more or less automatically our fault, and depending on the accident, we could face criminal charges.

link   
a reply to: norhoc

Show me in the video where any medical staff provided the info that a blood draw was already done to the detective.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahhh gotcha thanks, makes sense. And thanks for saying something seems hinky, that's all I was questioning in my previous posts. Because to me something is definitely not right in this situation. It's like blaming the rape victim instead of the rapist. Especially when adding procedures to a massively injured and burned victim could kill him :/

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would think it was to save face. To cover up the fact that he went bonkers because according to his body cam, she told him no.

What was he going to write?

I roughed her up and handcuffed her to teach them all a lesson. To never say no to me again. I released her after the administrator showed up and talked to Tracy and Tracy told me to let her go.

I think he said something sort of like that, right around the time he said he was going to teach them another lesson. That when he is working his paramedic's job, he is going to bring all the indigent patients to their ER, and he was going to take the good patient's elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well to be fair you are turning it into a six of one and half a dozen of the other scenario or seem to have been on that earlier comment, sorry if I got the gyst of it wrong but to me it was definitely all him, the nurse was acting professionally and he was acting unprofessionally, sorry once again if I misread your meaning and I am actually rather tired so really should not have commented, insomnia led me to browse as it tend's to actually knock me out for some reason.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

aww, nuthin its a manly thing...ya see we do manly things in manly ways here.....on the raging queen in Texas

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am not making the claim it was ever said. You are the one making an erroneous claim of the medical pro's just wanted to fight police. So burden of proof is on you, I am not making a false claim, you are, So again show me where they say that in the video or shut it.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join