It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Cat Advice From Our ATS Cat People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Annnnnd $175 later...

Back from the vet:
No chip
Less than a year old
No health issues, fleas or ticks, but I had her treated for worms and fleas
Also had her nails trimmed

Had her X-ray'd...
8 kittens in her...10-14 days away!

Vet says she has 'Egyptian' in her...and was probably dumped on the side of the road by a previous owner who discovered she was pregs.
Happens all too often, she said.

Well done!!

I knew the name Cleopatra came to me for a reason.

She'll still love you if you stick with Fluffy Noodles though.

Kittens are awesome. Just don't take them away from mom too soon or they have "issues." Trust me. I've have cats with "issues!"

So happy for you!!!

I like 'Cleo'.

I like Cleo, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IAMTAT

When you call them, cats tend to respond to that long /ee/ sound the best, so make sure you emphasize that /ee/ in Cleo.

Hmm, maybe that's why they respond so well to "Kiiiitty kiiiiitty," lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Oh gawd! I feel your pain. Going through this exact thing. The universe is trolling me with cats this month. I dodged 4 of them but this last one ....keeps coming back.

I have always been trolled with cats, finding one at the gas station, one actually jumping into my car and getting trapped, one showing up at the house that wanted me and only me, until I lost I lost my last...

I need another. I've never been without a cat until these past few months.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Oh gawd! I feel your pain. Going through this exact thing. The universe is trolling me with cats this month. I dodged 4 of them but this last one ....keeps coming back.

I have always been trolled with cats, finding one at the gas station, one actually jumping into my car and getting trapped, one showing up at the house that wanted me and only me, until I lost I lost my last...

I need another. I've never been without a cat until these past few months.

How about a free kitten in a couple of weeks?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well hey, if you live in the ATL, I have one with your name on it!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm disappointed in the lack of Cleo pictures in this thread.

Here's a ferocious cat / dog fight while we wait.

They're best friends and play like this everyday.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh, #, lol. You know I am, lol.

Oh boy.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh boy.

Probably means that. It actually is Liquiescence.

Liqui! Liiiiquiiii ... heeeere, kitty, kitty, kitty ...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh boy.

Probably means that. It actually is Liquiescence.

Liqui! Liiiiquiiii ... heeeere, kitty, kitty, kitty ...

I'm now rubbing your leg.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Our daughter & s-in-l's black cat got out two months ago & they never found it! Sleek, shiny, green eyes, fixed male, very friendly. We're hoping someone found him & kept him!

She put a picture & notice on our local Facebook lost & found pet site. They went to look at five, all black cats that people found, but none of them were Onyx! Two more people in different areas have seen a black stray lately, but they couldn't find them when they went to look.

I've heard of senior citizens passing away & nobody in their family wants their cat. The shelter can't take it, they're full. So they put it outside hoping someone will find it & take care of it. And I've heard much worse too.

Yours can't have been on it's own for too long
if it didn't have any fleas & ticks yet. Maybe it belonged in a house with dogs that picked on it, or little grabby kids & she didn't feel safe having her kittens there. Who knows? So many possible scenarios! Owner in the hospital, neighbor goes to feed it & it gets out too.

We've rescued so many strays over the years.
One tiny kitten 'found' us when we had our frisky Golden Retriever. Kept them separated at first. We knew the dog wouldn't hurt her on purpose, but she always got excited & danced around.
One day when the dog was out in the fence, the kitten shot out of the window by the basement stairs when I opened it for a second. How she got down there so fast I don't know! Happened so fast that I couldn't even grab her! I was afraid to look!

But when I did, they were acting like best friends, or mother & daughter! The dog laid right down & the kitten went over & snuggled with her! They always acted like they were long lost friends or something! Whenever we kept them apart, they did everything they could to get back together again!

Animals are amazing! Sounds like a special one found you!

WOQ

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

If she looks that good, she may have gotten lost from her family....or, and I know it's cruel to think, her family may have dumped her, especially if she got pregnant.

Here are the things you can do:

1) Go to your local vet or SPCA and have them see if she's been chipped. If she has, it will have the info of her owners.

2) No chip? Put up flyers saying that you've found a cat.

3) Look up pet rescue groups in your area. They can take the cat off your hands for you and make sure she ends up with either a good foster pet family or a new family, and not the pound where she might be put down.

4) Accept the fact that she chose you. Yes, cats choose their owners for the most part. I have 5. 2 of them I rescued while kits, 1 my ex-wife didn't want anymore, and 2 more that she gave birth to. If she is preggers, prepare to be delighted with kittens, but also realize you're going to have your hands full with them until you can find homes for them.

And on that note: PLEASE do NOT dump the kittens somewhere. The good news is cats tend to have litters that average only 4 kittens or so (unlike dogs that can have 8 to 9 pups). Kittens are cute and people tend to fall in love with them easily. When they are finally ready to go to homes, offer them for free. Set up a place with them in a box so people can see them. Buy a few small bags of kitten chow and put up a sign that says: "Free Kittens! Free Bag of Food With Kitten!"

Or again, enlist the help of a rescue group to find homes for the kits.

If you decide to keep moma GET HER FIXED! Do NOT think that you'll be able to keep her safe inside away from Toms while she is in heat. You'd be amazed at how determined she will be to get out and get preggers again. Having female cats spayed is normally pretty cheap. It will be a load off your mind too if you decide to keep her.

This advice is spot on !! .... She's too friendly to be a ferrel cat . She belonged to someone , but could be lost, or dumped....or she belongs to a neighbors and is looking for a place to have kittens. ....I just want to add when finding a home for the kittens or putting up found flyers....be careful who comes to claim the cat or kittens. There are people who use cats and kittens as bait for dog fighting.....and people who will claim the pet as theirs, only to turn around and sell it for drug money. ...just be careful with that . ..otherwise, if I was closer I'd take a kitten ! ....the emerald green eyes are gorgeous. I believe that is genetically
tied to the Russian blue breed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The dogs are in the house, but have free run of the yard.
They don't seen to know about the cat yet.

They know. Trust me. You have already made up your mind and are in denial.
Smudge is a great name.
She was probably walking by and your dogs gave her the lowdown.
As for the in and out, she's just training you.
I was always a dog person myself. Until Boo Boo kitty showed up a week before Halloween one year.
The rest is history.

BTW- Boo Boo is black with Star Destroyer Turbo Lazer green eyes too.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No cats will be eaten on my watch!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yet again I have to say...NO CATS WILL BE EATEN !

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I like Cleo too.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Annnnnd $175 later...

Back from the vet:
No chip
Less than a year old
No health issues, fleas or ticks, but I had her treated for worms and fleas
Also had her nails trimmed

Had her X-ray'd...
8 kittens in her...10-14 days away!

Vet says she has 'Egyptian' in her...and was probably dumped on the side of the road by a previous owner who discovered she was pregs.
Happens all too often, she said.

Well done!!

I knew the name Cleopatra came to me for a reason.

She'll still love you if you stick with Fluffy Noodles though.

Kittens are awesome. Just don't take them away from mom too soon or they have "issues." Trust me. I've have cats with "issues!"

So happy for you!!!

I like 'Cleo'.

Yay!
Ugh. This is making me wish we could have a kitty now. My son's condition makes it very unwise.

Promise you'll snuggle a kitten for me, K?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
She might be gone for good.

I just came back from Pet Smart with a bunch of Cat stuff...and was sitting out back with Cleo, as she was eating out of her new pink rhinestone food and water dishes.

My stepson let the dogs out the side door upstairs...and the dogs ran around to the back and scared the beejeezus out of her.
She ran to a hole in the back fence and took off into the woods.

Dogs didn't hurt her, but she was so scared, I don't know if she'll ever come back.

edit on 18-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

She might be gone for good.

I just came back from Pet Smart with a bunch of Cat stuff...and was sitting out back with Cleo, as she was eating out of her new pink rhinestone food and water dishes.

My stepson let the dogs out the side door upstairs...and the dogs ran around to the back and scared the beejeezus out of her.
She ran to a hole in the back fence and took off into the woods.

Dogs didn't hurt her, but she was so scared, I don't know if she'll ever come back.

Oh I hope not!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
She still hasn't come back.

I have half a mind to make the dogs eat their dinner out of these new pink rhinestone pussy bowls.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join