It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Cat Advice From Our ATS Cat People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So I've come home after my daily 20 mile bike ride.
At the end of my driveway is the most beautiful perfectly-black cat I have ever seen.
She has short hair, amazing green eyes, long neck and is probably preggers.

As I rode into my drive, she comes right up to me and tries to get me to pick her up. I ride down my drive...and she follows me meowing and purring.
I get to my garage, put my bike away...and this cat starts rubbing against my legs, purring.

The cat won't leave my side the whole time.
I go in the house and the cat stays on my front porch meowing at the front door.
Hoping it will go home...I go take a shower and grab a drink.

The cat is gone a half hour later (it is early evening).
Hoping it went home...I go to my study to work.
A couple of hours later, the cat is at my back door meowing.
I've a fenced-in back, that keeps my 2 dogs in the yard...but this cat somehow found it's way in and to the door.

I go out to offer it a can of tuna...thinking it is just hungry, but it ignores the food and immediately starts purring and rubbing against my legs.
I sit down on the back porch...and it keeps trying to jump jump in my lap.

I left the food out and went to bed.

The cat is still there on my back porch. The food I left out is barely touched.

Any advice?

It's as if this cat has chosen me.

Problem is...I really am a dog person...and not looking for another pet.
However, if I ever wanted a cat...this cat is the most beautiful one I've ever seen.
She is sweet, tame, affectionate...acts like she's known me for years...and won't leave me alone.

Any advice as to what I should do next?

I don't want this cat (or her kittens...if pregnant) to be put to sleep if I take her to the Humane society.
There are no signs for missing cats in my neighborhood.

What should I do next?

edit on 17-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You already know the answer.

Name her, "Mrs. Fluffy Noodles".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

She has. That's what cats do, lol.

Put up a few "found cat" signs in the neighborhood. If nothing comes, I would keep her (I'd probably keep her anyway, and deal with the kittens when they come).

Do your dogs go in the house? If not:

Since she has chosen you, adopt her back, keep her inside with you. It's magical.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So I've come home after my daily 20 mile bike ride.
At the end of my driveway is the most beautiful perfectly-black cat I have ever seen.
She has short hair, amazing green eyes, long neck and is probably preggers.

As I rode into my drive, she comes right up to me and tries to get me to pick her up. I ride down my drive...and she follows me meowing and purring.
I get to my garage, put my bike away...and this cat starts rubbing against my legs, purring.

The cat won't leave my side the whole time.
I go in the house and the cat stays on my front porch meowing at the front door.
Hoping it will go home...I go take a shower and grab a drink.

The cat is gone a half hour later (it is early evening).
Hoping it went home...I go to my study to work.
A couple of hours later, the cat is at my back door meowing.
I've a fenced-in back, that keeps my 2 dogs in the yard...but this cat somehow found it's way in and to the door.

I go out to offer it a can of tuna...thinking it is just hungry, but it ignores the food and immediately starts purring and rubbing against my legs.
I sit down on the back porch...and it keeps trying to jump jump in my lap.

I left the food out and went to bed.

The cat is still there on my back porch. The food I left out is barely touched.

Any advice?

Problem is...I really am a dog person...and not looking for another pet.
However, if I ever wanted a cat...this cat is the most beautiful one I've ever seen.
She is sweet, tame, affectionate...acts like she's known me for years...and won't leave me alone.

I don't want this cat (or her kittens...if pregnant) to be put to sleep if I take her to the Humane society.
There are no signs for missing cats in my neighborhood.

What should I do next?

Looks like she has chosen you as well as your place to give birth.

Good luck and looking forward to the kitten pics...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*sigh*...I know...I'm really fighting this.
I really don't want a cat...but the damned thing is a shameless flirt.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*sigh*...I know...I'm really fighting this.
I really don't want a cat...but the damned thing is a shameless flirt.

Doesn't matter.

She wants you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The cat is still there on my back porch. The food I left out is barely touched. Any advice?

do you like Asian food?

on a more serious note.

It's as if this cat has chosen me. Problem is...I really am a dog person...and not looking for another pet. However, if I ever wanted a cat...this cat is the most beautiful one I've ever seen. She is sweet, tame, affectionate...acts like it's known me for years...and won't leave me alone. Any advice as to what I should do next? I don't want this cat (or her kittens...if pregnant) to be put to sleep if I take her to the Humane society. There are no signs of for missing cats in my neighborhood. What should I do next?

From how you put it it does seem like fate.

Depends on what your beliefs are....

Some might say this is a soul that was once in your life and has passed and has now found you again but cannot make you realize its them.

I think you are being tested so I cannot give any advice or opinions other than what I already have.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The dogs are in the house, but have free run of the yard.
They don't seen to know about the cat yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You've been adopted. You could live out your fantasies.

Or you could cook it. It would be good with rice or noodles. Cat, the other white meat.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Or you could cook it. It would be good with rice or noodles. Cat, the other white meat.

I'd have to fatten her up first.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She's a smart kitty.

I bet you already have a name for her. How are your dogs reacting?

I would consider, if you commit to keeping her, taking her to the local vet for a full checkup. I know it costs money, but it's wise.

PS: names- Cleopatra, Midnight, Night, Em for her emerald eyes.. she sound so beautiful!

Pics please!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Stuff her full of tuna.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

She sounds gorgeous. And it sounds like she may have already adopted you!

Are you sure she's still preggers and didn't just give birth? Immediately after giving birth, mama cats are VERY affectionate... and wouldn't be hungry, probably just thirsty. Early this summer I went outside and had a feral cat do the same to me -- but she was still all messy, so I knew she had just given birth. We found the kittens and brought them inside and the mama followed. The kittens are ready to give away, and the mama has returned to her feral life outdoors once again. She may just want/need somewhere safe for her babies. You might want to look around for them, or follow the mama and see if you can find some kittens.

We had another feral kitty give birth in our front garden about a month later in the middle of our 115+ heat wave! But I couldn't get that mama inside, so I was stealing her kittens every day at noon to bring them inside, and returning them to the garden when the sun went down. Once they could eat on their own, I just kept them inside... they'll be ready to re-home in a couple weeks.

I would look for babies first. If you don't find any, maybe just make a box into a temporary home and put it out of the way -- under a porch, or behind some bushes, or somewhere she'll feel hidden and protected. If she is a feral, she'll probably go on her way once she's done nursing her babies. Or maybe not. She may have adopted you for good

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm a dog person as well and yet I have one dog and 3 felines.

1 we bought from a friend who couldn't give it the attention it needed any more
the other 2 we found curled up together struggling to not die in the middle of the road by our house.

I say that cat chose you. You're not obligated to keep it or help it out, but if you can afford it financially, I say please do.

First thing would be go to a vet and see if he or she is chipped already, if not shes a free kitty.

If not please see if there is a cheap clinic near you to make sure it doesn't reproduce. Near us, they will do cats 25 bucks a pop at the charity clinics.

-Alee
edit on 8/17/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You must keep it my man. Dogs are cool but Cats are cool too. It's best to have both.

If it has kittens you can sell them.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Agree. I have 5 rescue cats-2 rescue dogs. This kitty has been loved by someone-she is not feral or she would not be friendly. She needs your help. Any animal control will just kill her and her kittens.

I took in a very tiny sick mama kitty and her week old kittens who couldn't nurse because the mama was so sick. Pure love all around. Found the kittens great homes and did home visits. The mama still loves me.

You will grow to love her as much as she loves you. I keep my dogs separated as much as I can from the cats-they arn't the best of friends.

You sound like a great caring guy. Thanks so much for loving and caring. By the way, if you call the Humane Society, they will pay her vet bills, shots and kitten needs if you can foster or give this mama a furever home. Best wishes and thank you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

The dogs are in the house, but have free run of the yard.
They don't seen to know about the cat yet.

How do you think your dogs would react?

Still: keep her, love her, give her a great life and she'll do the same for you.

Cats are a whole different type of pet.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Kudos !!

You have now alerted zazzafraz ... Crazy Cat Lady ( there is a forum just for good folk like yourself )

We already know you will now obey her lovingness !

Have you learned to understand "cat" yet ?

Hmmm ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Thank you for the tip about calling the humane society -- very much appreciated!!!

The garden litter had eye infections and upper respiratory infections. I was able to get an antibiotic ointment for their eyes at the feed store, and L-Lysine has cleared up their little lungs. But it would be great if I could get their shots before re-homing them. Thank you!!!

I'm also hoping the Humane Society can loan me traps to catch the mamas and get them fixed... keep your fingers crossed for me

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Take a few pictures and post them on your city/towns lost and found pets site, craigslist, kijiji...ect
Someone wants their meow back.

Or perhaps she was abandoned and is looking for her new home.
By the sounds of it, she digs you and wants to be yours.

Or!!!!!!.....
Maybe there is a such thing as reincarnation and this cat is someone you lost from your life.

Either way, I say you keep her!
edit on 17-8-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join