It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
30 pages in two days. Wow, the creepers come out for tranny threads.

What an invaluable contribution. And you chose to make such a comment because.....?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I never said anything was "B.S"You keep lying. And it's never what I, PERSONALLY, consider biased. From an educational standpoint the ARTICLE (which is not an actual scientific report) is biased.

I call someone saying an article is based on biased lies.. more or less saying it's BS. You may have used some other choice words besides lies .. lies.. like more confirmation biased unscientific , uneducated ( your education is obviously the higher one , so of course that makes you right) 🙄

Now you call me a liar, because essentially you called my links biased, therefore full of it?.. and I say you called BS on something... from where you choose to pick apart the wording but not the intention.

I'm just callin' it as I see it Reya , with no fancy words to help me, some spelling mistakes thrown in, along with a genuine concern for the topic of this thread.

I could refute more , but your not worth the time and energy, and nor is this thread.

What needed to be said was said in the first page, and I regret that I let my self get sucked into the insinuations, accusations, presumptions, and ego baiting.

Have your superior intellectual scientific knowledge, which your ego clings to so desperately... and remember matters of the heart are different for everyone, and you can't judge my heart and views , especially when they are based from concern.

See my above posts for the reasoning I said the article was biased. It's not my opinion, it is based on the criteria that is taught in primary and elementary schools for what is considered a biased/unbiased source. Your source was biased. Again, I would do the same if it was pertaining to an opposite stance. A source is biased or it's not biased. That is not a matter of opinion.

And I said you were lying because you were. You said I did something I didn't do. You were being dishonest. That is called lying. And you further ad hom the hell out of me by claiming I see myself as superior based on nothing. I never brought my level of education into this at all, so you are further grabbing at straws to bring about some nonexistent issue in which you fight from. I never claimed to be smarter, superior or of higher education. Not at all. I didn't bring it up AT ALL, but for some reason you bring it up and actually attack me based on your own preconceived notions. And the fact that you're insinuating that I'm hating and that i think I am superior or smarter, just because I've utilized words that you claim are 'fancy', does not mean that you're right. It doesn't mean that I'm insulting you, it doesn't mean I think I am smarter or superior. It doesn't mean any of that and you're unjustly turning it into a problem by which you argue. You're playing the victim and furthermore, are actually being insulting by lying and claiming I'm being condescending and smug when I'm not. I didn't remark on any of your spelling errors or you not using what you call 'fancy words'. I make spelling errors here and there, it's human error. Hence, why I have never made it an issue like you're doing now out of nowhere.

And you're also not being honest when you claim to have peer-reviewed scientific reports but never produce them to us for review.

You are continually being dishonest and it becomes more and more evident the more you randomly and virtually out of the blue create more problems by which to call yourself a victim.

I don't give a crap what words you choose, whether they're all one syllable or if you use words with thirty letters a piece. That' not the point and I have never made that the point. You're being dishonest by making it seem like I did as further dishonest and untruthful grounds by which you say I think I'm egotistical and superior.

ETA: Because you continue to mislabel my calling the OP article biased as an 'opinion', here is a helpful tool which outlines the proper criteria by which one can determine if their source material is biased:

webs.anokaramsey.edu...

Again, an article being biased is not a matter of opinion. It is something, if done correctly has been weighed according to criteria like those included in the above link. It is something that is taught from the very beginnings of primary/elementary school and is something taught all the way upward and even into college. I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to help you better understand the things that you're displaying that you do not understand. And if you actually take the time to look at the link above (which I sincerely hope you do), you would see what I have been trying to say. Your article was biased by following said criteria. I would no sooner grab an article from Bill Maher's website (which is an example on the page I submitted above).

Stop being dishonest.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Depends on the insult i suppose but arrant therapists supposed to put up with insults in general?

Kind of part of there job description, after all people seldom react well to cold hard judgement and have a propensity to be rather outspoken when presented with such.
edit on 20-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Lets let this go Reya ... your own style of bullying and twisting your intentions on posts is too much.

I feel very attacked by you , as much as you deny that , and feel you have been condescending in your own style ( others see it too)

You twist things and you've done it on other threads . You are as guilty of everything you accuse me of.
Done with you. Rant and whine all you want ..

Here... take over the thread.. in your infinite wisdom you can show all viewers the terrible errors of my OP, and let them know all is fine and joyful in transgendered world.

Peace out !

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Lets let this go Reya ... your own style of bullying and twisting your intentions on posts is too much.

I feel very attacked by you , as much as you deny that , and feel you have been condescending in your own style ( others see it too)

You twist things and you've done it on other threads . You are as guilty of everything you accuse me of.
Done with you. Rant and whine all you want ..

Here... take over the thread.. in your infinite wisdom you can show all viewers the terrible errors of my OP, and let them know all is fine and joyful in transgendered world.

Peace out !

I didn't twist anything. I've been very up front. No one is attacking you I'm not being condescending. It has been pointed out to you by "other posters" as well that you are constantly ignoring and deflecting legitimate information and our request for this supposed information that you claim to have.

You're being intellectually dishonest and even in my above post where I provided yet another source to back up my constant methods to try and show you why your article in the OP was biased, you just continue not to care. You do not care to learn and you do not care to participate in a way that is constructive. You simply continue to ad hom, and create strawmen and ignore our questions and our valid points by shrugging it off, playing victim by claiming we're attacking you.

I was not attacking you. I legitimately was open to discussing actual, credible sources. I provided some, you went out of your way to not so much as glance at them. You said you had sources. I told you I would legitimately be happy to review them and openly discuss them once provided within the thread. You never provided them. I asked for them again and again and again. You either completely ignored this, or you deflected by putting words in my mouth by saying I wouldn't even look at them or I'd just call them B.S or you say that I'm egotistical in some way by claiming I think I'm some special, superior expert (which I never said AT ALL). I wouldn't do that, for one. And for two, how the heck would you even know what would take place when you fail to even try? You were given the chance but you never give others that same courtesy.

You will always be entitled to your opinion, but when posting in a public forum and others are asking you legitimate questions, you cannot expect to be coddled and not seen as dishonest when you behave the way you have.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Anyone with regrets just didn't have a good therapist.

I think that would be considered an insult to many well meaning therapists in this field. To throw this on them is unfair.
I would like to see the screening an individual must go through to be referred to hormone therapies and surgeries. That would be an interesting read.

It has nothing to do with well meaning or not.

A bad therapist will not spend much time with a person before sending them to an endocrinologist for hormone treatment. A good therapist will take a lot of time to root out any other possible issues - this may take a year or more, depending on the person.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You will always be entitled to your opinion, but when posting in a public forum and others are asking you legitimate questions, you cannot expect to be coddled and not seen as dishonest when you behave the way you have.

I have answered the questions with the sources I used in OP . They were referencing legit studies, but because it was a biased source to you , you dismissed quite arrogantly, and proceeded to demand I show you scientific papers, incessantly, to which I don't have.

So that makes the sources for regret in my OP lies ... yes you said lies!

Do you not think the transgendered in the OP and other links I posted were real people with real regrets ?

Do you have no concern for these transgendered ?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You put a lot of faith in therapists. They are a good resource, but you shouldn't rely on them entirely, they are human beings not miracle workers or mind readers.

They likely have many patients, and each session can take a toll on them mentally as well. It's not easy, and sometimes you won't get the most accurate or bespoke advice from them as a result just like GP's and Doctors.

You are your own best therapist, in dealing and addressing your own issues, and in speaking to others and on forums. Besides, therapists vary so widely, how do you expect to always find the right one. We just don't rely on our own mental capacities or immune systems anymore, we just run to someone to fix it for us.

Granted therapists will have dealt with similar cases, but everyone's story will always be very different.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Of course we have concern for them. Using faith-based biased sources is not a good start. I am sure those that regret surgery exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
30 pages in two days. Wow, the creepers come out for tranny threads.

What an invaluable contribution. And you chose to make such a comment because.....?

It's easier to write out of spite or emotion, then to engage brain before contributing.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm keen to know what ratio of those that do gender switch surgery DON'T regret it, as I suspect the majority do, and the minority are living a lie, and I'm open to the odd case of those that genuinely feel better in the long run (10 years forward).

Honestly, there is a ridiculous amount of factors involved here it's mind boggling deciphering the human psyche, what about those that do the surgery, and switch gender, and end up in a relationship; their partners might be supporting them the whole time emotionally, but deep down the transgender regrets and has doubts but suppresses them.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Of course we have concern for them. Using faith-based biased sources is not a good start. I am sure those that regret surgery exist.

My question for you is ,why is notusing a faith based source so important ?

You have all admitted there are great Christian based people within scientific studies of many varieties . Why can't they have their legitimate studies on transgendered ?
edit on 20-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

We can speculate all we want.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

My question for you is ,why is notusing a faith baised source so important ?

You have all admitted there are great Christian based people within scientific studies of many varieties . Why can't they have their legitimate studies on transgendered ?

There is a difference between Christians who use the Bible to make conclusions and Christian scientists who use scientific method to make conclusions.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Gotta speculate to accumulate, I'm waiting on some decent studies to be performed, I want to know more.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Gotta speculate to accumulate, I'm waiting on some decent studies to be performed, I want to know more.

We all do. It's an ongoing study.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have answered the questions with the sources I used in OP . They were referencing legit studies, but because it was a biased source to you , you dismissed quite arrogantly, and proceeded to demand I show you scientific papers, incessantly, to which I don't have.

So that makes the sources for regret in my OP lies ... yes you said lies!

Do you not think the transgendered in the OP and other links I posted were real people with real regrets ?

Do you have no concern for these transgendered ?

You're being dishonest and putting words in my mouth. The article you put in your OP was biased. They misrepresented an actual unbiased study from 2004. And no you didn't answer my questions.

You said you had peer reviewed reports. The reason I "kept demanding" them was because you never provided the very thing you said you supposedly had. You completely ignored it. Then you said I wouldn't read them anyway (which is not true). So I kept asking for them because you claimed to have them. Not once did you turn around and say you didn't have them. Not until, just now, above.

So you were being dishonest. You kept saying you had these reports. Now you're admitting you don't. I wouldn't have asked so many times if you had just come out and said that you didn't have any. It would have saved me the time from having to be repetitive in my asking for them.

And like i said if you had ACTUALLY read ANY of the posts wherein I mentioned it, YES, I do understand there are some trans with regrets to their SRS. I never said that there weren't those who had regrets. Again, you're being dishonest and putting words in my mouth. I do have concern, that was made obvious in many of the posts of mine that you apparently didn't read. Stop adhomming and stop putting words in my mouth, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

Again, the article in the OP (the ACTUAL article..not the study they're referencing) is faith based, which makes it biased by the educational definition and criteria. This is not my OPINION, this is going based solely on the criteria the masses is taught within their education from elementary/primary school, all the way through college.

All you proved above is your dishonesty. I would be happy to go back and quote the multiple times you said you had your own peer reviewed reports and I would also be happy to show you where you said I wouldn't read them and all the posts following my continual requests for these reports you said you have that were followed by posts wherein you ignored my requests. This is dishonesty because now you have admitted you never had them. I wouldn't have "incessantly demanded" them had you just either:

A. Never claimed to have peer-reviewed scientific reports that you do not actually have.

or

B. Had admitted that you didn't have such reports at some point along the 10+ times I requested these reports from you.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My question for you is ,why is notusing a faith baised source so important ?

There is a difference between Christians who use the Bible to make conclusions and Christian scientists who use scientific method to make conclusions.

Exactly. Just like how there is a difference between an article that is faith based that misrepresents data from actual scientific studies and reports vs. scientists, who also happen to have a faith, but follow the scientific method to publish actual research and evidence within a peer-reviewed report. Online articles (especially those that have been shown to be biased based on educational criteria put forth in actual curriculum from elementary to college levels) are not the same thing as scientific findings published by a scientist who also just happens to be a Christian.

If it's a legitimate scientific report, religion or no-religion should not play a factor.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Whether the sources you are using are legitimate or not, it doesn't take a peer-reviewed study to show that those who are transgendered are mentally ill. They commit suicide because they are #ed in the head and live a deluded world.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit
Whether the sources you are using are legitimate or not, it doesn't take a peer-reviewed study to show that those who are transgendered are mentally ill. They commit suicide because they are #ed in the head and live a deluded world.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join