It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Afterlife Experience: Our Pre-Planned Lives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Regalius

We are in physical robots... best description I can find, and we were/are placed here to gain living experience.

Anyway, that's my viewpoint. Enjoyed your article

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That's is what I gather. It's why I'm an atheist.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: daskakik
purpose of the "game"?

Ever wondered if we are all in a Sim World and our higher-selves are the ones pulling our strings ?

They see a large area around us in this simulation and make us follow a certain path full of yummy Twinkies whilst avoiding the poisonous rotting piles of dog doo ?

Yes, I don't want to downplay the human life bc it's still very important but that's a good way of putting it. And it's not our higher selves but our guides that are throwing us obstacles to see how we react or rewarding us or guiding us.

I am not a Christian but the way I talk would make someone think so. I do not like religion but it seems Jesus hit the nail on the head trying to explain the afterlife with the soul that never dies and the commandments and sins to try and steer clear of.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
a reply to: Regalius

We are in physical robots... best description I can find, and we were/are placed here to gain living experience.

Anyway, that's my viewpoint. Enjoyed your article

Yes.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Why do we have to follow the "good soul" What I consider good may be different from what you consider good. Furthermore, isn't good and evil subjective. One can follow the path of an evil soul and have to suffer the consequences that the Good forces on them because of their actions.

If one finds out and understands and accepts that they are on the so called dark, evil path, then they will be forced to endure the qualities of good. I believe both sides are equal. It's just your choice.

An evil soul does not want a life where they have to show empathy and compassion like this world we are currently living in. For the most part, our civilization has rules against evil and tries to punish it. So isn't "Good" being oppressive to evil?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I don't see any reason why our higher selves can't be our guides.

Also, technically it wasn't Jesus that came up with the soul that never dies or the commandments.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It was god?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Why do we have to follow the "good soul" What I consider good may be different from what you consider good. Furthermore, isn't good and evil subjective. One can follow the path of an evil soul and have to suffer the consequences that the Good forces on them because of their actions.

If one finds out and understands and accepts that they are on the so called dark, evil path, then they will be forced to endure the qualities of good. I believe both sides are equal. It's just your choice.

An evil soul does not want a life where they have to show empathy and compassion like this world we are currently living in. For the most part, our civilization has rules against evil and tries to punish it. So isn't "Good" being oppressive to evil?

I believe we are inherently good but our ego invites sin/bad. Who knows tho, perhaps there is a galactal battle in another universe with good vs. evil and Earth is a training station to perfect good/compassion and then you are rising in ranks to be able to fight this battle? I dunno
edit on 16-7-2017 by veracity because: Awkward worfing

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ignoring all the other people around the world who may have come up with similar ideas and speaking within the context of the bible, it was the jews that came before him.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

But you have not given a reason why there would even be a fight between good and evil.

Of course as humans, having heard stories of this fight between good and evil all our lives, that seems obvious. Most people don't even question it. They do what you are doing. Force fit the conclusion around this preconceived notion.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So are you saying "the commandments, sins" etc. is a universal thought? Many people thought the same but did not get credit like Jesus did?

If so, I agree.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

But you have not given a reason why there would even be a fight between good and evil.

Of course as humans, having heard stories of this fight between good and evil all our lives, that seems obvious. Most people don't even question it. They do what you are doing. Force fit the conclusion around this preconceived notion.

Give a reason? I don't know! Like I said before I don't have all the answers, I'm just a single liberal mother living in the Bible Belt.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
So are you saying "the commandments, sins" etc. is a universal thought? Many people thought the same but did not get credit like Jesus did?

I meant the eternal soul is common and other people have a set of rules. Some might be similar to the commandments others are different.

Jesus didn't get credit for either of them. The jews had those ideas before jesus was born. I don't know why you think he gets credit for them.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Give a reason? I don't know! Like I said before I don't have all the answers, I'm just a single liberal mother living in the Bible Belt.

You offered it as an answer. If we are to discuss it then we would first have to settle on what good and evil are and why they would fight.

Ever read the book of Job?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No I have not read book of job.

To me, bad is what the human ego filters in...jealousy, judgment, misery, the 7 deadly sins.

Good is compassion, empathy, innocence, kindness, trustworthiness, listening,...think of the innocence of a child, a fresh soul into this world who has not developed an ego yet.

I guess the lists can go on and on for both good & evil.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I guess the lists can go on and on for both good & evil.

True, but they are human concepts. Why would souls, who are above judging, fight over such sub-soul emotions?

I asked about the book of Job because it starts with satan just popping up in heaven one day and god greets him like an old pal.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

the game? I hate to look at it as a game.

Why not ?

Ever wondered if every computer game that involves interaction with other real players, especially the online MMORPG's, is a safe way of letting the immortals see what sort of environment, creature, culture, level of technology that we as immortal spirits want to step into, in our next physical existence ?

They can also see our emotions in play, like team work or stabbing other players in the back. They can see if we are pro life (farming) or pro war in any of the 3D Isometric online games where cities are constructed.

They can also see what talents we have learned here on earth that can be taken with us to the next world. Example, a Cartographer here in high tech GIS could very well become a scribe in a medieval realm on another planet.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I never said that the souls fought in the afterlife bc they dont. They encourage each other and give positive criticisms.

When they take form in earthsuites and the ego is in place, they may feel a myriad of emotions that are good/bad and they have many choices. They hope to pick the good/right choice.

I dont know if this will help, but here is an example i can look back on my life and see where I did not pick the best choice. At one point in my job at a corporation, the commissions structure got so f'ed up that I was making DOUBLE what I was making before for 7 months. It was awesome. Did i donate any of it...no. I went out to eat more, i gained weight, I bought tapestries online. I had a small quaint house with a thousand dollars worth of tapestries in it. I dont even put them up in my new house. I got a speeding ticket that cost an arm and a leg to get out of. Oh and did i mention that i turned fat?

I feel like that was a test and I failed. Its not wasted if you learn from it though.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

bc i dont want to demean the human life...its still important.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You said that there might be a galactic fight in another universe.

You seem to be arguing semantics. Angels vs spirit guides, afterlife vs other universe.

You still have not explained the advantage of making the right choice. Once the earthsuite is off why would the soul be bothered by guilt for making one choice or the other?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join