It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Afterlife Experience: Our Pre-Planned Lives

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thats easy. Everyone has choices to make, all day long.

Those are not the choices being discussed. The op is talking about choices before incarnating.

Either we are just robots running programs or we have free will. Thats an old discussion.

If you plan a trip then you have certain things that you will do that you pre-planned. They are still your choices. You are also free to make minor choices along the way even if you stick to your schedule

Conversations go where they go, mods will clamp down if it strays to far. I have a choice to bang my head against a wall of stubbornness ... or not.

not...

You tried to take the conversation on a tangent. I pointed that out as a reason why I wasn't going there. Who cares what the Nazi's did in WWII. That wasn't what we were discussing anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this discussion, as reincarnation and pre-planned lives has been a topic of interest to me lately. What is the soul? I don't know if the soul is a spirit, a separate being that inhabits human bodies or "earthsuites", or is the soul just energy?

The idea of reincarnation is romantic and comforting to me. It's soothing to think you don't have just one life to figure everything out, and it would make death easier to accept if you thought you'd be coming right back. Isn't that what the concept of heaven does too though? Makes your own death and the death of loved ones easier to accept when you believe you will all be united again. Is that all any ideas of the after life is? The human mind making grief easier? I don't like that nor do I want to believe it, but I guess it is a possibility.

I never considered the idea of good vs bad being a human concept and not something real, I guess it really is an objective concept. When it comes to pre-planned lives, is that just something for human souls? Are human souls always human souls? This morning I woke up and with my first step I stepped on an insect on my kitchen floor and killed it. Would that be evil or good? To me, it's no big deal, we step on bugs all the time, but to the bug, that was the bug's life, boom, gone, just outta pure dumb luck of me being groggy and walking to the coffee pot. What was a very insignificant event to me was most significant to the bug. Would it have agreed to come to this existence just to be stepped on? What about the cows who become Big Macs?

I guess I'm leaning towards if reincarnation and pre-planning is real, it affects human souls only and a human soul is always a human soul. Earlier in the thread someone had posted that deja vu was a sort of reminder for us about our previous lives, I like that idea. Here's the thing with me though, I don't think I've ever had deja vu in an important moment, at least not that I can recall right now. My deja Vu experiences usually are me doing mundane tasks such as being at the store, and my deja vu experiences usually involve music either on the radio or playing wherever I am.

Thanks for this thread and allowing me to post my thoughts here, I don't really know what's real or what isn't real. I find comfort in the idea of reincarnation and I like to mix it with a side of believing in God and Jesus, so that's what I'm going to do, that's what gets me by.
edit on 20-7-2017 by GordonCole because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GordonCole
I find comfort in the idea of reincarnation and I like to mix it with a side of believing in God and Jesus, so that's what I'm going to do, that's what gets me by.

When I first came across the idea of reincarnation I was a devout christian and unlike you I could not see the two ideas being able to co-exist. God gives you a lifetime to try and get it right and if not, off to the lake of fire you go. So it is written so it will be done.

Reading your post, it dawned on me that the original idea of sin and punishment is from a time when corporal punishment was not only seen as acceptable but actually preferable. Now that that is no longer the case it seems like god giving people as many shots to get it right is a more socially acceptable idea in these modern times.

Of course, if we consider the earth as a prison idea, it would make sense that TPTB would benefit from people believing that they just missed the cut and have to come back over and over. Especially if the mind swipe isn't taking as well as before.

In case you have not heard of this idea, it say that humans are used as food/drug by an alien species and they keep us incarnating over and over so that we can produce this substance that they need. Sort of like how the machines used humans in the Matrix movies.
edit on 20-7-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Little off-topic but the prison planet idea got me thinking. I worked in a penitentiary for close to seven years, much of which was spent on a block for inmates with mental illness. I would often talk to one schizophrenic inmate who refused to be medicated. He told me once "This is all a simulation, we are our own children". I wrote down a lot of his quotes, I have maybe a hundred one-liners from him, that one always stuck with me.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GordonCole

That is an interesting quote. It actually fits better with what I posted earlier about this being a game that is played just for the sake of playing and our higher selves being our guides.

Similar to the "prison planet" idea but with a twist. It isn't really a matrix type prison. It is an arcade with a bunch of kids hooked on the games.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join