It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Afterlife Experience: Our Pre-Planned Lives

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe it isn't about making a decision but about experiencing a certain situation?

Let's say you signed up to experience the death of a grandchild or Alzheimer's. You would have to reach the age where that is possible so, despite all your "wrong decisions", you get a pass.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Maybe it isn't about making a decision but about experiencing a certain situation?

Let's say you signed up to experience the death of a grandchild or Alzheimer's. You would have to reach the age where that is possible so, despite all your "wrong decisions", you get a pass.

Like you are on a course with your 'destiny' and must make it there, sort of thing? If its your destiny, then it will happen anyway, why the need for any 'miraculous' life saving interventions?

If you consider that theres two sides warring over your actions, I don't believe that either. Destiny is destiny, in the misunderstood realm of things.

The warring is for our soul, that continues even after death, the choices are choices presented to us, we decide whether to do this or that. We make our own life and suffer the consequences of our actions, over the course of our entire lifetime.

I struggle to go any further with this, it has to do with over inflated ego tripping, i.e., 'I'm special'. I don't believe that rot either. Everyone is the same.

I can't even say that I deserve to live longer because I'm a 'better person', because people that do evil live long lives too.

Very confusing... maybe I'll come up with something better to say on it later... now that I'm thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Like you are on a course with your 'destiny' and must make it there, sort of thing? If its your destiny, then it will happen anyway, why the need for any 'miraculous' life saving interventions?

Another way to look at it might be to say that it will happen even if it takes "miraculous life saving interventions".

I guess it depends on what is meant by destiny.

If you consider that theres two sides warring over your actions

This seems to be the common point of departure for most people. It is what the majority of people are taught in childhood. If it is untrue then any conclusion based on this is bound to be wrong.

Maybe it's like adult education. You don't have parents (god) and satan (hoodlum friends) fighting to get you to do what they want, apply yourself and play hooky, respectively.

Cheesy example but since a common claim is that we are here to learn and since what I am suggesting is that the only driving force (god, spirit guide, angels or whatever) is you, it seems quite applicable.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There IS a theory that we are all one. I am hitler, and matthew mcconaughey is me. daskakik is intrpt and I am both of you and both of you are me. Jesus is me and I am trump.

I just cant wrap my head around it, its makes sense sometimes then at other times Im like WTF???

Here is an artiicle

modernagespirituality.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

That article has a heavy theist slant to it. It is the sort of force fitting that I mentioned before.

They talk about evolution but it is illogical since we can only assume that the supreme soul (used instead of god) doesn't need to evolve. Instead we need to evolve to get closer to god. Same idea as many religions in a "new age" wrapper.

I'm not sure the article even proposes we are one. In the quote below they say we are the same but also specify equal and, therefore, individual.

With the realization of the soul, we all are the same. All the fathers are equal and we all have one grandfather, that is the supreme soul.

My take on the eastern idea of being one is that we are one being playing all the roles. This of course puts in question the idea that you need to evolve since all it is doing is gathering experiences, both good and bad.

Being both the perp and the victim nullifies the idea of good and bad being used to keep score.

edit on 18-7-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
There IS a theory that we are all one. I am hitler, and matthew mcconaughey is me. daskakik is intrpt and I am both of you and both of you are me. Jesus is me and I am trump.

I just cant wrap my head around it, its makes sense sometimes then at other times Im like WTF???

Here is an artiicle

Don't buy into the 'everyones one' theory of unity. Everyone is singularly unique, one of a kind. We are indivduals. its okay to work together to be unified in belief or practice but those saying 'we are all one' are just trying to manipulate everyone to go along with them and their ideas. Then we get nationalistic pride, mob mentality, religion, flags, slogans, war, misery...

Damn control freaks.
edit on 18-7-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Another way to look at it might be to say that it will happen even if it takes "miraculous life saving interventions".

I guess it depends on what is meant by destiny.

Pre destined as in how it turns out, historically speaking and on a personal level how we turn out. What all our decisions add up to, how they influence who we are becoming .

Are we living longer, wronger, are we becoming more selfish, more a slave to desire and bad habits?
For instance, the more you drink and or smoke cigarettes the more addicted we become to the bad habit.

Same wth ideologies and beliefs, the more we practice bad beliefs and or actions the more they become entrenched as a way of life.

So we turn out this way or that, a killer or life saver, whatever.

Added up over a lifetime, we are allowed to make these decisions, a little at time each day, to produce who we are going to be, if that has any meaning to pre-destiny.

Personally I think we are allowed, have all the leeway to do whatever. The best example of that is like during WWII when tens of millions died as a result of Nazi ideals and beliefs.

How could that be allowed to go on for so long and be so tragic? Because we are basically allowed to have free will, to be the worst assholes on the planet even, knowing one day there will be a reckoning for all the injustice, if you believe on that kind of 'pre-destiny', that is.

What it boils down to is what is your proclivity. Are we the assholes, part of the problem or part of the solution, trying to be nice or helpful to others. What is your bent in life, what are you accomplishing, what destiny are you trodding towards.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Pre destined as in how it turns out, historically speaking and on a personal level how we turn out. What all our decisions add up to, how they influence who we are becoming.

You mean as a whole but I'm talking about one experience. So if you are to experience something when you are 80 then everything before that is variable. You just have to make it to 80. If it means miraculously surviving an OD at 20 then that is what will happen.

How could that be allowed to go on for so long and be so tragic? Because we are basically allowed to have free will, to be the worst assholes on the planet even, knowing one day there will be a reckoning for all the injustice, if you believe on that kind of 'pre-destiny', that is.

I think you have that backwards. If it was pre-destined then it was allowed because those tens of millions wanted to experience that horror.

ETA: Why would anyone have to answer for that?

What it boils down to is what is your proclivity. Are we the assholes, part of the problem or part of the solution, trying to be nice or helpful to others. What is your bent in life, what are you accomplishing, what destiny are you trodding towards.

Who says any of that makes a difference, for better or worse?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I think you have that backwards. If it was pre-destined then it was allowed because those tens of millions wanted to experience that horror.

The hell, the last people wanting to experience war are civilians. It is forced upon them.

Who says any of that makes a difference, for better or worse?

Except when it happens to us, then we get all moral about our rights, and freedoms.

Unless you just believe in eye for an eye. Thats called Nationalism, the worst disease...
edit on 18-7-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Here is an artiicle

Don't buy into the 'everyones one' theory of unity. Everyone is singularly unique, one of a kind. We are indivduals. its okay to work together to be unified in belief or practice but those saying 'we are all one' are just trying to manipulate everyone to go along with them and their ideas. Then we get nationalistic pride, mob mentality, religion, flags, slogans, war, misery...

Damn control freaks.

We have to be unique on earth, but it makes sense in the afterlife that we are all one.

perhaps we have to learn to be unique before we can realize that we are all one? Im trying to be open minded about this.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Here is an artiicle

Damn control freaks.

We have to be unique on earth, but it makes sense in the afterlife that we are all one.

perhaps we have to learn to be unique before we can realize that we are all one? Im trying to be open minded about this.

Thanks but I'm not you or anyone.

If you can't resolve the you thats you separate from everyone else, pretty much all there is to say.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Did you forget what the topic of the thread was?

We are talking souls incarnating in preplanned lives to experience specific things.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am sorry but you are me and I am you whether you like it or not. We are ME!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

What do you mean by being one, like a hive or like one being with tens of billions of personalities?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Did you forget what the topic of the thread was?

We are talking souls incarnating in preplanned lives to experience specific things.

We are in control of what specific things we choose to experience...key word...choice.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Did you follow the conversation leading up to that post?

Since we are here though what do you mean by we and when is the choice made?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Did you follow the conversation leading up to that post?

Since we are here though what do you mean by we and when is the choice made?

Yes, you are free to choose every millisecond of your existence.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What if you choose to wing it?

ETA: If you read the conversation leading up to that post you must have noticed that intrptr was referring to earthly actions and reactions. Not really the topic of the thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What if you choose to wing it?

You are still choosing.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

But not pre-planning.

ETA: And the other thing is, if it is all by choice then everyone is a willing party so there can be no foul.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join