It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster - Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CromCruachh

Where are you from? Are you not from the UK? How did they let you buy it then??? Do I sound jealous?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Hi Engi and anyone else. In regards to Chronicles from the future: I haven't finished the book yet as I got side tracked by a series I read for fun; however I just realized something.

I have found it quite weird that Paul while in 3xxx didn't sleep for an entire year. I have coincidentally read a bit about what long term lack of sleep does. There is a book called "The family that couldn't sleep" or similar about a genetic prion disease that makes it so these people one day are no longer able to sleep. Not only their minds fail to rest but their bodies too, and I believe they all die within a year if I remember correctly. What I remember for sure though is that outside of this prion folding disease the human body can't die from lack of sleep because eventually it will succumb and sleep regardless.

In any case Paul should be hallucinating and losing his mind and health pretty quickly in 3xxx but seems unaffected by his lack of sleep. Which lead me to realize his "original" body was in fact asleep for the entire year, while his consciousness only seemed to time travel.

Obviously I need to finish the book which Ill do now because I am on night 2 of seemingly no sleep in sight myself. But I can't overlook this possible explanation as well as tie in to TVP with Debbie time traveling and seemingly creating or allowing the messages to be passed while she was asleep.

I started to suspect long before I heard about TVP that sleep and dreaming was possibly more significant than we normally assume and it has been on my mind yet again.

I feel like there are dots connecting but maybe I am reaching. In any case I hope you are well and look forward to any insight or opinions you may have.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Pretty unrelated probably but as a side note to my last post I have been thinking lately about human creation and fetus in regards to consciousness. I wonder when it "enters" or merges with the body? Would it be the moment of conception, since a brain and body aren't actually necessary for consciousness to exist, at some point during pregnancy when the fetus is becoming more formed, or even at birth?

Lets suppose that it is some point before birth, I wonder what consciousness is doing or experiencing inside a womb? Is it just like being in a dark cozy room, or more like a 9 month stay in a sensory deprivation chamber? If consciousness is present in the womb and it is essentially doing the same things it does after being born, then that would be a pretty trippy experience would it not? Imagine if its just the same as transcendental meditation or similar where it is free of all boundaries and borders to explore space and time? 9 months of transcendental meditation. That's heavy.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Hi Steve, I have stopped reading that book to be honest. I just couldn't buy it. But wait, you're saying he didn't sleep the whole time he was there? I didn't get that sense from what I did read. Do you assume this just because he doesn't mention sleeping or did I miss something while I was reading? Or maybe I haven't gotten that far through yet. I only got to 26%.

If it states in the book that he went a year without sleep then it is BS for sure. I believe I have read that it is only a matter of weeks not years that a person will die without sleep. You do hallucinate and all that when you go without sleep that is true, but you can't go anywhere near that long.

Sorry you are not sleeping, I've thankfully only had that problem a few times in my life. My biggest problem is not wanting to wake up in the morning! Sleep and dreaming are very important that's for sure. Are you suggesting some kind of link to TVP as far as this is concerned? I don't understand but I haven't read it either. I still can't get it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Hi! Yes he tells us in the book that he doesnt sleep a single moment. He lays down and reads or after a while when he ends up in a new city he walks a lot. I don't blame you for not buying it personally, there are serious questions I have obviously but I am just trying to keep an open mind at least until I reach the conclusion.

As far as a link, well I guess kinda. Not a direct link, but I feel pretty certain that the sleeping and dreaming are far more important to humans and reality than we ever give them credit for. There are many times where 2109 specifically mentions dreaming. For instance they say once "if you are awake or dreaming, how can you really be sure which one is real?" Or to that effect. It could just be an analogy or metaphor but I am starting to realize it could be a legitimate question for them as well.

Combined with the experience I have had in bed and while asleep, and information I have read since TVP that make me lean this direction currently. Its just a notion, there is no tangible evidence I can point to yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I thought that was just something he said when he first got there and was too juiced up to sleep. I didn't take that to mean that he never slept for the whole year, but who knows. Yeah, lots of things just raised flags for me, I couldn't finish it.

I want to know why everyone in other countries is able to get that new release of TVP except me here in the USA!

Dreaming, awake, which is real indeed? I know for me it gets blurred sometimes. And one thing I have found in all my years is that there is never any tangible evidence when it comes to this kind of stuff. You can chase after it all your life but you'll never be able to produce anything close to proof.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Threads like this is why I continue to check in from time to time. This is the first I have seen this thread! Thanks for posting and I look forward to your conclusion.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Thanks Hawkeye I appreciate that. I have a feeling it will be years to come before I have a final word, maybe decades.

However as for the book itself, I conclude that it can be taken at face value. Most people think I am half retarded though so that doesnt mean all that much.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'm from Australia. I bought my paperback off the uk's amazon. www.amazon.co.uk
I finally have the book in my hands! Remember that "printing error" where chapter 23 is 7? well it's in the newly printed book too. Maybe Ken did it on purpose or something?

I just read the part with deb's dream where she met Thomas. She said everything flashed white, then her dream happened, then everything flashed white again. I've had this when having a premonition of the future, and another member of my family has too. It's sort of like that flash of blinding light is our consciousness tuning into another dimensionality, then tunes back. Anyone else here know what I'm talking about?

Good now that I have a copy, there's so much new information for me

edit on 13-1-2018 by CromCruachh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree with you guys that dreams are more than people think. You know most UFO abductees report their haunting experiences as being dreamlike? They report the saucers lifting their bodies up and feel as if they were in a dream, except when they come to they see the scars ontheir bodies and crop circles in their yard and realize it wasn't just a dream.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I have a feeling it will be years to come before I have a final word, maybe decades.

Good!

TVP mysteries challenge our very understanding of reality, and whether any of us get to the bottom of it all or not, it's fun to analyze the events and come up with theories. I'm not crazily obsessed and spending all day over TVP or anything, but i don't think i'll get tired of the book or this thread for quite a while.

edit on 13-1-2018 by CromCruachh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Whoo Hoo! I fully expect you not to rest until you have finished it! In at dinner so will reply again tonight.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think this story tells more about the human psyche than ghosts and time travel.

"2109, cryptically, claims to know."

Maybe it's just me, but I think extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence are worthless.

Unless you're in it for the entertainment, of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I understand completely and I don't blame you. I hope you take the opportunity to really see for yourself once it is available though. You might be surprised what you find, or what finds you.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So why tf can't I get a copy of TVP? It doesn't matter which country's amazon site I go to they won't sell it to me. Wtf?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

wtf that's weird? Maybe 2109 don't want you to have it? haha (jk)
Where do you live? America? You in some major city or a rural area? Maybe create another amazon account or something and try again.Are you trying to buy the kindle version or the paperback? It is strange that you need to be in the country to get a fking ebook lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Maybe give Chapters(Indigo) a try. Got a copy, in Kobo format.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Remember earlier we were trying to figure out what was significant about the second chapter seven? Well i think it must be Debbies dream. When she dreamt of the stagnant dungeon with the sun shining through the grille above and she was humming a strange tune in her sleep, only to forget it when she awoke.
In chapter seven, after communicating with Fowselhurst, Ken realizes that Deb's dream matches with Thomas being imprisoned and singing in Latin. Thats very significant imo. As i've been reading story this i'm paying close attention to debbie and specifically her dreams.
This dream in chapter 7(23) brings up a few questions..
So in this dream, was she living as Thomas? looking through Thomas's eyes?
or was her consciousness in the room beside him, and she was looking at Thomas?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I live in the USA, in a very rural area. I may try to do that, never thought of trying to create another account. I've been after the Kindle version. I agree, I should be able to get an e-book from anywhere shouldn't I?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yeah it's wierd man. You should be able to get it anywhere.
Create another account and as he address use a friends or relatives. Maybe a diff bank account and try again. Why not buy the paperback version? It's about the same price as the kindle one.
If after doing all that, go to technical support on Amazon and get on their case, they should fix it.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join