It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: butcherguy

At 10-30 dollars a pop I doubt it.

I am not sure that you understand.
If more people wear seatbelts, fewer people suffer injuries.
A seat belt worn can save an insurance company a lot of money by changing a catastrophic injury into a minor one.
If you are saying that no one abides by seat belt laws because of the negligible fine, many people don't want to give a cop a reason to pull them over.... even if they have the money to pay the fine, for various reasons.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Seasonal I really don't understand your problem with having seat belt laws, they promote potentially life saving measures, you can make the choice not to wear it but if you get caught you alone can face the repercussions. You can exercise your freedom of choice to not wear it just like you can exercise that same freedom to drive intoxicated both of which have different outcomes, and both of which are illegal thats all im saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

Driving intoxicated puts others at risk.
Driving without a seatbelt does not cause risk to others.

That said, I will get on topic and say that there was a seat belt law and the guy violated it.
He would have been better off paying the fine.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You are rationalizing a lost freedom, that's fine. I do not think we will find common ground.

Every freedom is important. And drunk driving and seat belts are not an equivalent.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I think we can both agree to disagree on this point.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Back to my original post:

"What a BS excuse for government intrusion...no seat belt. None of this would have happened if not sore such a poor excuse to pull someone over. "

None of your long winded rantings changes anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

"What a BS excuse for government intrusion...no seat belt. None of this would have happened if not sore such a poor excuse to pull someone over. "

Then go sue the government for invading your freedoms and perverting the constitution, if that doesnt work then start a revolution i guess over seatbelts.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm not excusing this behavior but don't get me started on stupid ass laws that try to control behavior that affects no one but themselves.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

My long wind rantings.

hey man like I have mentioned many times here already, I never have said you have to wear your seat belt while you drive, that is your choice but just know you are breaking a law, whether you think it is unjust or not it is still a law so if you do get pulled over and the officer decides to ticket you don't loose your mind, just accept the ticket and be on with your life.

It has been stated many times in this thread already, the driver of the car wasn't wearing his seat belt. In Florida the police can pull you over for that and in the eyes of the law it is a lawful stop, everything that came after that was the doings of the driver and the driver alone, no one else is at fault but him.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

These people piss me off to no end. I get that they feel picked on. Hell, no one wants to be pulled over by the police. But when you are, you have to realize that you are not in control of the situation. Comply if you value your teeth, and your life. Go to jail if that is what the situation calls for, and sort it out later. 99% of these guys are just doing a job. Why is it that certain people think that they can resist arrest, and nothing is going to happen to them? Watch the show COPS, and you will see. It goes beyond color... It is just incredible to see the level of stupidity that is out there.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

It is also safer to wear a helmet and a belt in a car. But I would wager that would be considered a violation of freedoms.

I agree it is silly. But the silliness is forcing a free person to wear a belt. I always air on the side of freedom.

Do you?

What freedom is taken from you wearing a seatbelt?

Freedom of choice

Seatbelts do not take away freedom of decision making, wow, mind blown. I never understood why people make such big deals out of petty crap. Hey, next time you go ride a roller coaster dont let those silly park guys violate your freedoms and make you wear your belt!

More to the point why do you need so desperately for me to conform to your expectations?

I like to have the right to choose to wear a seat belt or not regardless of what you think I should do.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It is also safer to wear a helmet and a belt in a car. But I would wager that would be considered a violation of freedoms.

I agree it is silly. But the silliness is forcing a free person to wear a belt. I always air on the side of freedom.

Do you?

What freedom is taken from you wearing a seatbelt?

Freedom of choice

Seatbelts do not take away freedom of decision making, wow, mind blown. I never understood why people make such big deals out of petty crap. Hey, next time you go ride a roller coaster dont let those silly park guys violate your freedoms and make you wear your belt!

More to the point why do you need so desperately for me to conform to your expectations?

I like to have the right to choose to wear a seat belt or not regardless of what you think I should do.

You do have a right not to wear bud, its not like your going to do hard time if you dont wear a seatbelt.

Inmate#1 "Yo, what are you in for?"
Inmate#2"Not wearing a belt bro"
inmate#3 "wooooo, thats cool s*** right thurr"
Inmate#2 "yee, felony charge for habitual seatbelt violations"
Inmate#1"thats gnarly bro!"

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

So your an authoritarian , good for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

So your an authoritarian , good for you.

People and there labels, pffft. Im a free man, but i dont have a problem doing something by the law that actually saves lives.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No I understand. I was merely disagreeing with the lobbyist comments about seat belts..

A perfect example of lobbyists interfering would be Mo's DWI and littering laws. For years a first offense DWI charge was a class C misdemeanor while littering was a class A misdemeanor. Throwing the beer can out the window of a car by a drunk driver was considered worse than the drunk driving itself.

Courtesy of Anheuser Busch.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That said, I will get on topic and say that there was a seat belt law and the guy violated it.

Have you ever seen what a body can do if ejected from a vehicle, propelling it through the windshield of another car or being launched into a group of people? Or the impact a unrestrained person can have on passengers in the same vehicle from an accident?

Risk is present in everything given the right circumstances and the goal of the law is to reduce the risk of injury to not only the person but to everyone else as well.

Its not a pretty sight.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Neither does your dismissal of the law.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Neither does your dismissal of the law.

It could be viewed as revenue raising though, the safety factor is kind of benign when if in reality safety was the primary concern for law makers, they would make a law to have speed limiters on cars, so that when you pass a sign with a set speed the vehicle is unable to go any faster than the sign specifies. I could expand on that but I'm sure you get the point.

There is big money in traffic infringements, its a cash cow .

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes it does if your driving and someone hits you without a seat belt. You could easily end up thrown out if your seat. This means the car could continue until you can regain control. If you were wearing a seat belt you might not have run over the people you hut after the accident.

Seat belts make sure you can stay behind the wheel and control the vehicle. Watch nascar without sear belts the accidents would be far worse as you can see the driver trying to avoid other cars.

If you don't wear a seat belt and can't be bothered to take the extra 10 seconds to save your life and possibly others you shouldn't be driving.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join