It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Xcathdra

You going to snitch on me? lol

BS to be pulled over for it. BS to be arrested and jailed for it.

the only bs I see is your justification but like I said, whatever works for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sad. What laws do you see as unjust? Or are they all just to you because it is a law?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah -

Traveling within a state and across state lines is a constitutionally protected right. The method of travel is not, IE driving is a privilege and not a right.

How do we know this?

Because you can have your license to drive yanked for drunk driving, too many points on your license, mental health condition etc etc.

I'll take my law enforcement training and continuing education over rulings from state courts that have no force or effect on other states and whose rulings have been defined by US Supreme Court rulings on the matter.

Next time try using a source that doesnt make sovereign citizen arguments IE - leaving out the parts of the rulings / ignoring federal rulings they dont like.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Just because you think it is unjust doesn't mean I have to agree with you, and I personally disgagree.

it has been proven that seatbelt use saves lives and the enforcement of it is to thank, like I have already stated you can make the conscious decision to not wear it but if you get stopped then you alone face the consequences the same as if you make the decision to drive drunk or speed, you can do it but if you get caught you have to answer for it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sad. What laws do you see as unjust? Or are they all just to you because it is a law?

All laws serve / served a purpose. How just the law is depends very much in its intent / application / prosecution and its results if found guilty.

Something that law enforcement is not a part of. We dont draft the laws, we dont determine guilt, we dont determine punishment if found guilty and we dont issue arrest warrants for failing to deal with the courts.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

Just because you think it is just doesn't mean I have to agree with you, and I personally disgagree.

It is not about saving lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

All laws serve a purpose...but are they all just? What laws have you broken that you felt you could get away with?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: c2oden
It doesn't matter if the law is just, unjust or BS.
If you get pulled over, bad things may happen if you punch the cop that pulled you over.

He only punched the cop because the cop was racist.

So it was justified.

You have no proof of that. Even if the cop was racist, it's never a good idea to hit the officer.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: caf1550

Just because you think it is just doesn't mean I have to agree with you, and I personally disgagree.

It is not about saving lives.

It is about saving lives as a matter of fact and since you and I are in the same state I can make that statement. Mo is not a primary enforcement state so im not sure what you are so hot and bothered about this for. It is a 10.00 fine in our state and is not usually enforced from my experience.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: artblucat

Pretty sure that "provocation" is not a valid defence to a charge of assault in any case.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is a discussion about the driver in the OP getting pulled over for no seat belt. A BS reason to pull anyone over.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Whose to say it is not, you. I didn't know you were the official spokesman for what is just and what is unjust.

VIEW DATA: Totals Definition Source Printable version Bar Graph Map Showing latest available data. Rank States Amount # 1 Washington: $86.00 # 2 Oregon: $75.00 = 3 District of Columbia: $50.00 = 3 Rhode Island: $50.00 = 3 New York: $50.00 = 6 Hawaii: $45.00 = 6 Utah: $45.00 # 8 Connecticut: $37.00 # 9 Florida: $30.00 = 10 Massachusetts: $25.00 = 10 North Carolina: $25.00 = 10 Wyoming: $25.00 = 10 Maine: $25.00 = 10 Minnesota: $25.00 = 10 Ohio: $25.00 = 10 Louisiana: $25.00 = 10 Virginia: $25.00 = 10 Maryland: $25.00 = 10 Alabama: $25.00 = 10 Michigan: $25.00 = 10 Arkansas: $25.00 = 10 Mississippi: $25.00 = 10 Iowa: $25.00 = 10 Nebraska: $25.00 = 10 Illinois: $25.00 = 10 Nevada: $25.00 = 10 Indiana: $25.00 = 10 Texas: $25.00 = 10 Kentucky: $25.00 = 10 West Virginia: $25.00 = 10 New Mexico: $25.00 = 32 South Dakota: $20.00 = 32 California: $20.00 = 32 Delaware: $20.00 = 32 North Dakota: $20.00 = 32 Montana: $20.00 = 32 Oklahoma: $20.00 = 32 New Jersey: $20.00 # 39 Colorado: $17.00 = 40 Alaska: $15.00 = 40 Georgia: $15.00 = 42 Wisconsin: $10.00 = 42 Kansas: $10.00 = 42 Tennessee: $10.00 = 42 Missouri: $10.00 = 42 Arizona: $10.00 = 42 Pennsylvania: $10.00 = 42 Vermont: $10.00 = 42 South Carolina: $10.00 # 50 Idaho: $5.00 Weighted average: $25.80 Share

Fines

Most states fines are between $10-$25 with only 9 states having fines $30 and above, they make the infractions high enough that someone who pays for it one time will think about wearing there seat belt the next time they get into their vehicle.
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

If it is not about saving lives then why have seat belts in the first place, which there added benefits to safety have already been proven.
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

All laws serve a purpose...but are they all just? What laws have you broken that you felt you could get away with?

It has to be looked at on a case by case basis. Speeding is illegal however if there is an exigent circumstance for the speeding then one can cancel out the other.

Its like the story of the doctor who witnesses a severe motor vehicle accident with major injuries. They break into a pharmacy nearby to obtain medication to assist the injured people.

Result - A window is broken and a life is saved.

It is not really possible to give a blanket response to your question. Its got to be case by case.

With that being said, the guy in the op article caused his own mess by doing what he did.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This is a discussion about the driver in the OP getting pulled over for no seat belt. A BS reason to pull anyone over.

It's not a BS reason. It's called the law. Period.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

and like i said - whatever works for you. By the way the defense of "its a bs reason / law" wont get you out of the ticket, either by the officer or a judge.

I personally cant stand the fact I can be subjected to random drug tests in order to keep my job / post certification while people on welfare challenge laws and get them struck down that would require the same of them in order to receive state / federal assistance.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You going to snitch on me? lol

Somebody should call the Poplar Bluff police department and tell them Blueracer is racing without wearing a seat belt.
Just to see what they say.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You are correct the discussion is about the driver in the OP who was pulled over in the state of Florida for not wearing his seat belt which in that state is a Primary offense which means the officer doesn't need another reason to make the Lawful traffic stop which he did, the driver is the one who brought it to the next level and refused to interact with the officer who either could have just given him a warning if it was his first time ever being stopped for it, Im guessing it wasn't his first interaction with the police seeing as how he acted. Or the officer could have just ticketed him and they both would have been on their way.

Because of the drivers actions this situation was handled differently, the officer did nothing illegal and didn't incite the incident.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It used to be a law that black people sit at the back of the bus or not to drink from water fountains that were designated for white people only. You think that was okay? You know...because it was the law?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Gothmog

Uhm no. Only in primary enforcement states can they stop you for no seat belt. And no, there is no device for it, other than a persons eyes.

unless you are being sarcastic, in which case true story.

Read my other post
And no , I am not being sarcastic
And yes , I have seen the device in action on Hwy 75 Southbound .. Why do you think the number of seat belt violations have risen ?
But I will give you that primary offense may not apply in all States
And , youre not from around here , er ya ?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It used to be a law that black people sit at the back of the bus or not to drink from water fountains that were designated for white people only. You think that was okay? You know...because it was the law?

If the law states that only a certain race can wear seat belts, then your analogy would be valid.
But good job on attempting to get the discussion back to race.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join