It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Have you ever seen what a body looks like after being trapped in a burning car by the belt?
Or bleeding out cause they can't exit cause the belt and the car is upside down?
Seatbelt laws are #in stupid. Should be no consequences for not wearing.
Of course this dude is an idiot but it is stupid to get pulled over for that and it absolutely is a money maker.
Even at 10 bucks a pop per hit how many hits on that county or state every month?

I hate well it's the law argument. A lot of # is law but that don't make it right.
Our laws are badly written and enforced worse.

We all break laws. None of us are squeaky clean

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: caf1550

Back to my original post:

"What a BS excuse for government intrusion...no seat belt. None of this would have happened if not sore such a poor excuse to pull someone over. "

None of your long winded rantings changes anything.

Neither does your dismissal of the law.

It could be viewed as revenue raising though, the safety factor is kind of benign when if in reality safety was the primary concern for law makers, they would make a law to have speed limiters on cars, so that when you pass a sign with a set speed the vehicle is unable to go any faster than the sign specifies. I could expand on that but I'm sure you get the point.

There is big money in traffic infringements, its a cash cow .

There working on that in self driving cars. That removes a major cause of accidents the driver.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah cause driving around town in my 4 banger is just like NASCAR
Lame

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yeah cause driving around town in my 4 banger is just like NASCAR
Lame

No you have a greater chance of getting in an accident especially if you have ever been to Atlanta. And your car being a four cylinder has nothing to do with the skill of the driver. Cars wreck going all speeds and if you choose not to wear a seat belt your a fool.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Please they spend money to advertise seat belt use if it was about money why take out the ads on TV?? Why pay for bill boards?? The only reason they fine you is it gives the officer reason to stop you and yell at you for being stupid. As they say on TV click it or ticket.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If you say so but I disagree

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Seat belts save lives and it prevents them from having to shut down a highway for an hour or two looking for your body parts. On an interstate your travelING say 70 meaning body parts go everywhere if your not buckled in.

In an accident without injury takes 20 min to clean it up. An accident with out a seat belt can take hours had one here person went through the windshield landed in oncoming trafix causing another wreck on the other side.
edit on 7/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

As a matter of fact I have seen all that and more that has not been listed. More people have been saved by seatbelts than killed by them.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Have you ever seen what a body can do if ejected from a vehicle, propelling it through the windshield of another car or being launched into a group of people? Or the impact a unrestrained person can have on passengers in the same vehicle from an accident?

Why are motorcycles even legal to ride on a public road then?
Motorcycle riders are really projectiles, since there isn't any containment at all.... like a car has.

That's a lot of risk right there.

Why should I have to contain myself more inside a car because I might fly out of it.... when a motorcycle has no means of keeping you from becoming a projectile?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And how long it takes to clean up after a guy with no helmet. Road would be closed for hours.
Lots of states where helmets are a choice

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is starting to worry me how terrible these situations are getting. Father is LEO and I have grown up stressing about this exact thing.

Also, motorists riding around in an unsafe manner having anything to do with how police feel about them is complete BS. Seat belt laws are more handouts to governments and insurance companies, neither of which give a sh*t about any motorist. The police are simply doing their jobs, but don't ever believe that any "Nanny" laws are ever there for any reason aside from money.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Have you ever seen what a body can do if ejected from a vehicle, propelling it through the windshield of another car or being launched into a group of people? Or the impact a unrestrained person can have on passengers in the same vehicle from an accident?

Motorcycle riders are really projectiles, since there isn't any containment at all.... like a car has.

Why should I have to contain myself more inside a car because I might fly out of it.... when a motorcycle has no means of keeping you from becoming a projectile?

A few years ago the EU was trying to make seatbelts and tank mounted air bags compulsory on bikes. They still often try and bring in leg protectors, despite research showing they are more likely to be leg amputators.

The safest way to crash a bike is to get away from the thing if you go down. Chances are, if you hit a solid object at speed you are toast anyway, helmet or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: butcherguy

A few years ago the EU was trying to make seatbelts and tank mounted air bags compulsory on bikes. They still often try and bring in leg protectors, despite research showing they are more likely to be leg amputators.

The safest way to crash a bike is to get away from the thing if you go down. Chances are, if you hit a solid object at speed you are toast anyway, helmet or not.

Any motorcyclist will tell you that, and I agree.
I am all about more freedom and less restrictive laws.
We just lost a young man at work two weeks ago in a motorcycle accident.
He was going too fast and his foot peg caught the asphalt as he was going into a turn. He was thrown into a guard rail.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Please explain because I would love to hear what other laws you don't think are right.

Your argument about people being trapped in cars because of the belts is pretty invalid unless the person trapped is unconscious, or severely injured to the point that even if the belt wasn't there they weren't getting out anyways. It takes mere seconds to get a belt off, even less if you have the ability to cut it. Hell you can buy a knife for $20 that has a seat belt cutter on it and just leave it in your glove box or center console, wow problem solved.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I actually wonder at times if people who disagree with this or think it is SO wrong have been wronged somehow in the past by a seat belt, a simple piece of cloth made to help make you safer while driving.

What reason do you have to think it is wrong or BS expect for the one that you believe "it infringes my rights to choose"

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Why do motorcycle riders have too wear a helmet but not people inside of a car?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this topic. After working fatality accidents, seeing mangled bodies and having to do death notifications a persons view point changes.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

I actually wonder at times if people who disagree with this or think it is SO wrong have been wronged somehow in the past by a seat belt, a simple piece of cloth made to help make you safer while driving.

What reason do you have to think it is wrong or BS expect for the one that you believe "it infringes my rights to choose"

I wear mine everytime, i kicked a friend out of my car for not wanting to wear it. Some people are just stubborn. Ive gotten a seatbelt ticket before, i was wearing my seatbelt, just parked, turned off my car and unbuckled out of habbit. He was being a dick, but i still always wear my seatbelt, paid the $25 and carried on.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
people are really gullible or stupid. blm is a queer organization

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
people are really gullible or stupid. blm is a queer organization

I like that answer, he probably put on a dress and lipstick once he got bailed out and home!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Why do motorcycle riders have too wear a helmet but not people inside of a car?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this topic. After working fatality accidents, seeing mangled bodies and having to do death notifications a persons view point changes.

I wear seat belts, so no need to lecture me about how mangled bodies look when I have had the chance to see them anyway.
My issue is about liberty.
I feel that the government doesn't need to force a person to do something when the act of not doing it does not harm others.
Many states do not force motorcycle riders to wear helmets. I already addressed that issue.
Insurance companies are the ones that get seat belt laws passed.
If you think that politicians sitting in state houses care a bit about whether you or I are injured in a car crash, you are not seeing straight. For the most part, they don't even know that we exist, much less care about us.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join