It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If insurance companies are the reason for seatbelt laws i bet if you looked into it, its because people have sued the insurance companies for getting so messed up in a car accident and having to pay out a ton in medical bills. People these days are so sue crazy, people alone are the reason why half the laws we have exist. Someone gets bumped and gets nothing more then a minor bruise on theyre hip and they are suing that persons insurance for not only physical damage but mental stress as well. My dad almost lost his house because an old man cruising 55mph in a 35 on his motorcycle smashed into my little brothers car, totaled it, immediately deemed the motorcyclist fault. But he countersued and played the crippled old helpless man and eventually won and settled. They were preparing my dad to auction his house and personal stuff to pay this man. I was preparing a .45 piece of lead if that happened. Anywho...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I don't like the idea of being told to wear a seat belt either. Nevertheless it is the law. As such, you can either follow it or disregard it and get used to paying infractions.

Refusing to wear a seat belt is hardly the best method to getting your point across. Officers are there to enforce the law not create, abolish or change them.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The reason government can set safety requirements for motor vehicles is because driving is not a right, it is a privilege. Its the same way with watercraft and airplanes / helicopters / etc.

As for the motive of insurance companies its makes sense. Spending money to fix a car is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for medical bills.

As for what representatives think I disagree. I have no issues communicating with my elected reps, state and federal, and get a response when needed. I have been called by my Senator to participate in a town hall to ask questions (was unable to do so).

For all the issues government has it is a place for people to come together. Painting all government officials as worthless overpaid asses who dont care is also a part of the problem. People have to do more than just bitch. Get involved, talk to your elected officials, vote.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
a reply to: seasonal
can't tell if that's martin Lawrence or chris rock

Looks more like Tiger Woods to me.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join