It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man accused of threatening to kill Trump voted GOP, had run-ins with police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Even though this is NOT breaking, and happened 5 days ago, I did not find it posted here, or carried by the national MSM. Just the local media.

An Edwardsville man who police say threatened to kill President Donald Trump hasn’t voted since the 2012 general election, and in the 2008 primary, he took a Republican ballot.
Joseph L. Pickett, 45, did not vote in either the primary or general elections in 2016. In 2008, he only voted in the primary, and took a Republican ballot. He took a Democratic ballot in the 1992 primary.
Pickett threatened on social media to kill the president, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court. Two co-workers alerted authorities to the his posts.

Link to full story

So, this time it seems someone from the president's own party has snapped and threatened to kill him. But wait........there's more!

One of Pickett's Facebook posts read,

“Before I die I want our president and congress to sign a treaty to never side with Russia or any enemy of the United States of America! If one will then that person deserves to be shot,” one of his posts read. “Guess what Trump? I’m waiting for the right time...and I KNOW your (sic) Putin’s (expletive)! The secret service now has a heads up as to my plan to assassinate Trump...let’s see if they act.”

So, he was upset and convinced that President Trump was cahooting with the Russians. I wonder where he got that idea, and how often he heard it? I mean, so far it has been almost a year of these accusations with ZERO evidence. I keep hearing from folks that emphasize or follow the Democratic witch hunt over this say, repeatedly, "What harm could it do?" and "It's news the people want to hear".

And, what happens when you threaten the president but are not a member of the Democratic party or crazy elite in the entertainment industry, but just a crazy regular citizen?

Pickett will be detained until his trial. A judge ruled that Pickett should be detained because the court couldn’t ensure the safety of other people in the community and because of “mental instability.”

Threatening to kill the president of the United States is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

I see, a very bipartisan response. Where are the indictments and federal investigations of those entertainers that publicly declare they often "thought about blowing up the White House" and depict a decapitated Trump head in eloquent ISIS fashion?

Oh, that's right. NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

He took a Democratic ballot in the 1992 primary.

Damn , missed that line , didnt ya ?
Lots of folks swap . I do. Depending on the candidates. Doesnt mean I am a ProgLib , though

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Nope, didn't miss it at all. However, for full disclosure it was back in 1992. His last registration when he voted last was for the Republican Party.

I guess you didn't read the entire OP either, or understand it, did ya. It was about the media's irresponsible reporting of this fake Russian connection for almost a year with ZERO evidence. Eventually, that type of irresponsibility and propagation of FAKE NEWS is going to make some nutball crack. In this case, it was this wacko.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So, he was upset and convinced that President Trump was cahooting with the Russians. I wonder where he got that idea, and how often he heard it?

The same places the idiot birthers got their ideas about Obama? Even your idiot hopped on the Obama birther train.

I mean, so far it has been almost a year of these accusations with ZERO evidence.

Investigations take time especially when the person running the dept in charge of the investigations keep getting fired.

I keep hearing from folks that emphasize or follow the Democratic witch hunt over this say, repeatedly, "What harm could it do?" and "It's news the people want to hear".

So it was ok to witch hunt Obama over nonsense but it isn't ok to witch hunt Trump. You guys can dish it but can't take it huh?

I see, a very bipartisan response. Where are the indictments and federal investigations of those entertainers that publicly declare they often "thought about blowing up the White House" and depict a decapitated Trump head in eloquent ISIS fashion? Oh, that's right. NOTHING.

And what happened to Ted Nugent when he threatened to kill Obama? Oh yeah that's right NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Stupid. Don't act STUPID on social media.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

For clarity:
I am not a follower of the Republican Party, so your assumption there is incorrect. (strike 1)
I never followed or supported the witch hints over President Obama (strike 2)
As for Ted Nugent, I agree, that he should have been (at least) thoroughly investigated for that, and given his collection of weapons, even given some form of Community Service as a result. (strike 3)

You're OUT!

If you read and understood the OP, you would have seen that the attack was against the biased media over the incessant witch hunt reporting with zero evidence, no real sources, and constant declarations of it is what the people want to hear.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Fruits of the establishment labor?

Not surprised that it isn't a MSM story...

Gotta keep ratings up.. push Russia Russia Russia...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Zero evidence?!?!

Really?!?

Roger stone knowing about the leak a week early isn't evidence???

Both the FBI and CIA saying specifically that Russia hacked the dnc AND specifically helped trump win both the GOP primary AND the election..

Flynn getting caught telling the Russians trump would drop sanctions, when that was the whole conspiracy theory pay off for said leaks.. and then being a forien agent of a Russian puppet state in turkey.

Half the trump team lying about secret meetings with Russian big wigs..

Trumps only change to the GOP party platform being that America would not give Ukraine weapons if Russia invaded..

And all of that is confirmed.. you can sell some vast conspiracy where everyone is lying at the FBI and CIA.. but that's evidence..

Is it a smoking gun?? No..

But "absolutely no evidence" is super dishonest.

Imho either trump made a deal, and good luck proving that against any sitting president without a tape of that specific conversation..

Or

Russia is setting him up.. hacks the dnc, sets up some meetings with trumps team and trumps people are oblivious to the Russians real motivations.. give leak it early to Stone a know trump friend who couldn't keep his mouth shut...

Then just sit back and watch the show as your competitor eats it self..

Which is not me demonizing Russia.. the US does the same constantly....

edit on 27-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All mere accusations. There is not tangible proof, none. Nothing that would be considered evidence in a court of law. If there were, President Trump would have been under investigation for that. But, even the former head of the FBI, in a congressional session, stated he was not.

Try not to believe the media and their "source say" or them quoting "unnamed sources" until there is actual, real, hard evidence that will hold up in court. It has been almost an entire year....and nothing but hearsay. Using the "sources" based upon their position is a common logical fallacy in debate circles. Regardless of the position of the "unnamed source", the claims need to be validated by additional hard sources.

They have not to date.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"Eating their own" and weaponizing happens on both sides I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He voted GOP ... and DNC .. so why single out the GOP?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
He voted GOP ... and DNC .. so why single out the GOP?

A. The News article title mentions it, and per ATS guidelines, that is the thread title.
B. That was his last registered political affiliation.
C. Per item B, he was, by default, still a member of the GOP.

Those are the only reasons. I guess you missed the main point of the medias role in this unfortunate incident. Any thoughts on that, or did you just drop by to voice your partisan nitpicking?

top topics

join