It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without A Father This Father's Day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
To my Dad who I lost years ago, with love.

Please share your own thoughts of your Father who you miss and love. You are not alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Right there with you Northstar. Missing my Dad for over 40 years. Still miss him. Thinking of you and all of us without our dads today.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

That is a very long time! Ten years without mine. I am with you and all our other ATS family members without their Dad's today. Hugs!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
For the dads that are bastards

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
My father is alive, but has actively avoided me, my entire life. While a have never known him to miss him, my life has surely reflected his loss at times. So, I swore to be the man he has run from being, for my own kids.
But, I had a grandfather who was everything my father wasn't when I was growing up. He passed away in 1999, and he is who I celebrate the memory of on Father's Day.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, ATS.
edit on 18-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I'm not in this situation yet. I don't want to imagine it.

I'm 43 and my dad is 63. I was just thanking him on a previous thread.

I guess I would cherish every loving moment in my heart forever.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Touching video, Night. I know you miss him and wherever he is I'm sure he knows and is very proud of the wonderful woman you are. I'll always be here for you.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It's been twelve years without my dad here to celebrate , but I can honestly say I feel his prayers for me at certain times and I have great hope we will be reunited someday in a much better place within a much deeper love.

My dad was the mischievious , fun parent who played games with us as children, taught us basic math, how to swing a baseball bat, and how to catch a fly ball.

He was also imperfect in that he struggled with alcohol issues until he was 39 ( he quit and went back to school and went into alcohol rehabilitation) . Yes, he cheated on mom a few times ,but we all still loved him because when he was being dad, he was his own type of good🙂

My mother forgave him, and as children we didn't care.. we just wanted our fun dad back.😏

So there is my little story of my dad , who however imperfect he was , he was still perfect for us because deep down we knew how much he truly loved us all.

Happy Father's Day dad, thanks for the many fun hours you spent teaching us and playing with us, as well as your grandchildren.

edit on 18-6-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Umm...great song. I take it your Father wasn't so great and I am very sorry to hear that.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

You sound like a wonderful Dad! I think it is beautiful that you honor your wonderful Grandfather on this day!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You my friend are a wonderful Son and one that I am sure your Father is proud of. I know you will treasure your time with him.

link   

No biggie. My generation, we had Pantera. No pussies allowed. These kids now, they have Emo and Bling Bling music (with no balls and no budget). Very troubling...
edit on 18-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Touching video, Night. I know you miss him and wherever he is I'm sure he knows and is very proud of the wonderful woman you are. I'll always be here for you.

Thank you so much and I know you will be. Hugs!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
For the dads that are bastards

Yeah, those guys sick. Though, I don't believe they all do it intentionally. Or even consciously, sometimes.
There is a societal shift towards today's men not having a positive father example to base their own parenting own.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for sharing your memories of your Father Sheye!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You gave the Warm Fuzzies and a bit of a tear.
Nightstar, Your Father is definitely proud of you. And adores the love you've given to every soul in your journeys through life.

😊

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

That was just beautiful my friend and I thank you for that!

Here is a pic Dad would have loved. He was in the Navy once and always loved the sea.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

🤗

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

OMG, how beautiful!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting that! Dad thanks you too!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Night Star, I absolutely love your signature quote.
Just thought I'd let you know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join