It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveEngland
a reply to: CranialSponge

Elections are exciting to me, only got my one vote and the results are known by morning normally, i will stay up as long as I can watching as they come in, we all squabble about it tomorrow haha

I'll be watching live from 10pm till the bitter end.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Depends how many cans I sink after 10, will probably wake up up and find out in the morning

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DaveEngland

Elections are exciting to me, only got my one vote and the results are known by morning normally, i will stay up as long as I can watching as they come in, we all squabble about it tomorrow haha

I'll be watching live from 10pm till the bitter end.

I would but honestly its pretty dull up to about 3am and by then I just want to sleep.

Usually what I do is watch the exist polls then go sleep wake up and take it from there.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveEngland

No. Using your brains to find a positive, non-violent, lawful way to make a difference.

It takes a million times more effort than anything on your list.

Effort is the key. Thinking.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: TommyD1966

Nah, not voting is a reasonable protest in itself and, if you are British, you have a god given right to complain

OK, complaining is definitely a right that you have.

I don't agree that it is a 'reasonable' protest, though. More reasonable (for a Brit) would be to vote for the Jedi party

Well, writing boll,,,s across the ballot paper works too, but I really do believe that if you feel voting for anyone adds legitimacy to the political process and you dislike it so much, I don't see why you shouldn't withhold your vote.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

what you suggest then? i've only got voting, campaigning protest,civil disobediance and riots, what you got?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's crazy that you guys have to wait until the next morning for the results.

Our elections usually end around 10pm as well, but we usually have the full results by around 2 or 3am, which means we get to go to bed happy and excited.... or pissed and disgruntled.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's difficult for you to see what candidates are good or not because you'd have to look at every one in every constituency. The main focus is adding up the Party flags of each elected person and seeing which Party has the most flags. It's a two party race this time with Tories being favourites by quite a few points.

We vote for a representative in our local area and their politics tend to be directed where we live. Even though every Labour, Tory or whatever candidate is aligned with their Party, there's room for local colour and difference. For example, a candidate in a low employment area will be standing for job creation whereas another in a wealthy area will be campaigning for more police on the streets. Same party, different approach.

ETA - ^^^ Apologies for this post. I just realised it's stating the bloody obvious. I'll get my coat...

edit on 6.8.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

all hand counted by city hall admin staff and put in boxes so it takes a while if the council is skint and cant afford the overtime payout for counting people. Is it electronic where you are or just more staff on the counts?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We've got a mix of both electronic and good ol' fashioned paper counts... so some areas take longer to tally up the results.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Apologies for this post. I just realised it's stating the bloody obvious. I'll get my coat...

LOL !

Uh yeah... we have the same system as you.

*snicker snicker @ Kandinsky's brain fart*

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Use your brains. Publicity stunts that get essential messages across to either key individuals or key groups.

It worked for me. I had an attempt on my life the day after one of my little jaunts. That is success.

Being an individual is the way.

Spooks always say, "You'll never achieve anything unless you're in a group." That's because an individual has no communications to be monitered and no hope of infiltration.
edit on 8 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
It's crazy that you guys have to wait until the next morning for the results.

Well we could know the main result from 10pm tonight when the exit poll is broadcasted, if it shows a Tory majority.
Otherwise yeah we will have to wait until the results come in from each constituency.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah (blushing a bit), I saw your comment about 'I don't see candidates' and started to reply. Before I even noticed I was posting a paragraph that a five year old could grasp

Once again, apologies

I'm shaking my head at myself...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've made it a tradition to watch the results roll in live. Did with the last election, Brexit and Trump's win.

After America's Presidential election and the huge disparity between the predictions and the actual result it'll be interesting to see what happens regardless.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I've made it a tradition to watch the results roll in live. Did with the last election, Brexit and Trump's win.

After America's Presidential election and the huge disparity between the predictions and the actual result it'll be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Me too. Good night's telly once the counts start coming in. Can get a bit dull up to about 2AM though

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Yes, we have to wait for each constituency result as well... but usually within a couple of hours you can tell which direction its going.

I guess the difference is that we have additional volunteers in each area tallying up the results rather than just admin staff doing all the counting ?

Or maybe we have a less number of constituencies than you guys ?

Anyways, doesn't matter... you guys will find out soon enough who your new lord and master will be. It's all the same crap no matter which way you look at it.

Skallywags each and every one of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

twenty four pack in the back of the Tranny
Could be a long night ahead

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Any kids in here who havn't yet voted get up off your arse and get to the polling station.. Dont leave it to people like this guy to decide your future.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

When I'm 91, I'll probably be doing the same bloody thing.

As it stands now, I can't remember what the hell I ate for lunch 2 hours ago.

Pfft.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join