It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we think of this "Thracian Pyramid?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Apologies, but I have trouble posting pictures, so I will just post the link.

archaeologyinbulgaria.com... a/

This looks like a natural formation to me with some carving at the base, but I am a bit confused, because this website posts a lot of good material which is easily verifiable elsewhere. I know that there is a lot of Archaeology--good and bad--going on in Bulgaria for nationalistic reasons, so this may be a complete crank. Anyone have any info or opinions?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Those are some really big rocks they moved around to make that place.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cachibatches

They were treating stone and granite as if just molding it. These images of carved-in vessels in the mountain rock are really amazing. Like are also those amazing sharp angle cuts for removing large blocks for the bedrock.

But to me all these give an impression of something way older than just bronze age. These sites are prior to anything in this region.

Really nice find!
edit on 27-5-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Probably due in part to nature and some added to the natural shapes. Nice find hope the research continues beyond as you point out in Nationalistic ties. Thracians were not just limited to Bulgaria so nice find overall.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It doesn't look like a pyramid to me. The images don't appear to show definitively man-made blocks either. The 'team of historians' might have been premature and haven't found anything to remark on since 2015.

Here's a video showing the imagery from 2015:

Here's one showing Thracian tombs and artefacts. The difference we see straight away is these look clearly man-made and cultural too. The shapeless Rorschach blot of the 'pyramid' takes some squinting and effort to make it more like a pyramid than natural stone formation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It's just rocks

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Definitely some of these stones have been cut out of the rock by humans. What amazes me is the amount of weathering on the rocks, a geologist should give an estimate on the age - I'm guessing its hundreds of thousands of years to wheater rock like that and not thousands of years. These kinds of finds is the smoking gun that points to the (fact) that humanity has been advanced enough to cut rock like this for much longer than conventional archeology claims.

-MM
edit on 27-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

While I wouldn't say it's a pyramid, humans definitely shaped it into something , this can be seen in places like Petra at a much later date and Axum even later, matter of fact this kinda remind me of 11th/ 12th dyn Egyptian rock cut temples coming from the Wakha family, not saying there is any connection here, although there had been unsubstantiated boast of later Egyptians to Herodotus that 12th dyn Egyptians made conquest in that general area about the same time..grain of salt pls.

egyptsites.wordpress.com...

edit on 27-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
From the front elevation, it looks like a natural formation, however, from the side...three-quarter view...the rocks look placed. Such a pity the pics are screen grabs of poor quality. I did a search but could not find any others.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Agreed, natural rock formation that was partially embellished by human hands at some point. But mostly a natural rock formation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i would love to be able to travel around the world and check out some ancient sites. maybe someday i will be able to afford to visit some.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

egyptsites.wordpress.com...

... those are tombs, not temples.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Limestone outcrop. Natural formation. I think the cavelet may be too new to even be an ancient rock shelter (a "cave" where "cave people" lived.)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I should have been more clear, these rock cut tombs set the stage for later rock cut temples or dwellings of Hatshepsut and that of Ramses.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I should have been more clear, these rock cut tombs set the stage for later rock cut temples or dwellings of Hatshepsut and that of Ramses.

BTW, I like your new artifact-avatar. I recognize it as African but can't peg the culture or time period.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

BTW, I like your new artifact-avatar. I recognize it as African but can't peg the culture or time period.

Egyptian probably N.K or later, different in style than the Old K or earlier.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Here's a video showing the imagery from 2015:

Here's one showing Thracian tombs and artefacts. The difference we see straight away is these look clearly man-made and cultural too. The shapeless Rorschach blot of the 'pyramid' takes some squinting and effort to make it more like a pyramid than natural stone formation.

Some of the art work in these tombs give away time frame and influence not to mention stone work, archways, bench ect. All sorts of shared iconography Etruscan, Early Greek, shades of Minoan right up to Roman invasion period and the diaspora of the Thracians........A good many years to cover and still said to be thousands of these tombs of different sizes yet to be unearthed.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Logarock because: n

top topics

join