It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the House to Kill a Fly - Notre Dame grads don't know the meaning of Sacred

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

"petty insults" you say....the only person calling other posters names in this thread is YOU. Must I list them all?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph
Must I list them all?

yes. and do it quietly.
you are under contract

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well the murph is wrong for that. They were well within their rights to protest, no question. But I did read earlier from one of the bad boys here that the 'alt-right' (there it is again) is crying about people infringing on Pence's rights. As I recall nobody was crying, let alone saying Pence's rights were bring infringed.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Punished for lacking the maturity to politely listen to a speaker like the overwhelming majority of people there did.

can you not get it through your head that they were not required or under no obligation to politely listen?
what is so hard about it?

clearly you take it as a slight but no laws were broken. nothing was ruined for the people that wanted to listen. they were not obligated to politely listen so what is your problem?

How do you know they didn't ruin the ceremony for others? Were you there? Are the other peoples feelers in attendance not just as important as the "aggrieved parties"?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well the murph is wrong for that. They were well within their rights to protest, no question. But I did read earlier from one of the bad boys here that the 'alt-right' (there it is again) is crying about people infringing on Pence's rights. As I recall nobody was crying, let alone saying Pence's rights were bring infringed.

That is a LIE. I never said that.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Closed for ten minutes so everyone can read this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and catch their breath.

Reopened.

Members are reminded to post in a civil manner.....or face the possibility of temporary posting bans.

Thanks.
edit on Mon May 22 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not sure about "infringing on Pence's right" but have you been reading The3murph's posts? He is suggesting that those students should be punished for exercising their right to walk out. And that they should be forced to sit, respect and listen.

That's RIGHT. If you can't sit politely like an adult to a speaker that your school invited then just stay home and do not take part. If they had done that it would, however, have denied them their opportunity to virtue signal.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How do you know they didn't ruin the ceremony for others? Were you there? Are the other peoples feelers in attendance not just as important as the "aggrieved parties"?

i dont know anything for sure that i was not personally there for.
i can ask you the opposite though

how do you know they ruined it for anyone?

i fail to see how a person walking out of something ruins it for the people that stayed.
i just dont see how that is possible

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

One poster did accuse the students of being intolerant of Pence's views. It may have been a knee-jerk reaction on my part because when the right (alt-right? LOL
) accuse the left of being "intolerant" it usually means how the Antifa, BLM, SJWs and the like are like. (That's why we "split hair" for a while on the term.) So basically it was as close to accusing them of infringing on Pence's right.

edit on 5/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 5/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That's RIGHT. If you can't sit politely like an adult to a speaker that your school invited then just stay home and do not take part. If they had done that it would, however, have denied them their opportunity to virtue signal.

why do you have such a problem with it though?

if you were in a place with a bunch of people and some of them quietly walked out how would that ruin your experience?

it seems like you are very much against people having freedom to do what they wish.
who did they harm and how?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

i dont know anything for sure that i was not personally there for.
i can ask you the opposite though

how do you know they ruined it for anyone?

i fail to see how a person walking out of something ruins it for the people that stayed.
i just dont see how that is possible

i don't. I never attempted to speak for others. I never questioned their motives or said they didn't have a right to do it. I just said that there should have been consequences for their actions that were beneath the decorum expected from adults.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

There should be consequences for exercising your free speech?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
you telling me that out of this crowd of more than 3k the 50 or so that quietly walked out ruined the experience for the other 2,950?

you really believe that?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

if you were in a place with a bunch of people and some of them quietly walked out how would that ruin your experience?

it seems like you are very much against people having freedom to do what they wish.

What is a more effective form of protest than "voting with your feet" by being elsewhere? If the headline had been "75 Notre Dame Students Boycott Graduation Over Speaker They Don't Agree With" I guarantee you I would have no criticism for them.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

At my graduation ceremony at Liberty University (out of all places LOL) someone threw a few beach balls on us and we kept pushing them up for a while until someone finally popped them. Talk about disruption!!!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

[ I just said that there should have been consequences for their actions that were beneath the decorum expected from adults.

anything else besides having their diplomas held from them or is that enough of a consequence?

you are really blowing my mind right now

these people broke no laws and made no disruptions. they quietly walked out of a place they no longer wanted to be and you want to punish them for that.
this is a free country dude....you dont seem to get that...

that is a crazy stance to have on this...
punish them for being free

wow

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: The3murph

There should be consequences for exercising your free speech?

There are ALWAYS consequences for exercising free speech. Walk down the street in Harlem with a "I hate black people" sign...
edit on 22-5-2017 by The3murph because: accuracy

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What is a more effective form of protest than "voting with your feet" by being elsewhere? If the headline had been "75 Notre Dame Students Boycott Graduation Over Speaker They Don't Agree With" I guarantee you I would have no criticism for them.

you are not the authority on what is effective.
lets say it is not effective. so what

my point is they were under no obligation to stay and they are free humans in a free country. as free humans in a free country they decided to walk away from a place they had no obligation to be and you want them to be punished for it.

that is crazy

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

At my graduation ceremony at Liberty University (out of all places LOL) someone threw a few beach balls on us and we kept pushing them up for a while until someone finally popped them. Talk about disruption!!!

I am a The Citadel Man myself. We wait until the speaker is finished and then throw our covers.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join