It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Russell​- Actor, Pilot, Witness to the Phoenix Lights..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze
What motion between the lights are you referring to?
See the 4 screenshots from the video here:
The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth

As for the optical illusion, yea maybe the human body will always be tricked because of human physiology but not when a quarter of the sky is blocked by something. Like if you held a cd into the air and the group of lights are about the size of the cd maybe the optical illusion theory will come into play but not when a pretty sizable portion of the sky was covered, some witnesses said it was about the size of large ship in "Independence Day", I dont think the eyes and mind will fill in the blanks.
That's covered somewhat in part 2 of that thread, see the link in the OP. The main problem with that is nobody took any video of that even though we have videos of the planes and numerous videos of the flares. Part 2 of that thread shows the witnesses who reported the "giant object" were looking in the same part of the sky as the people who saw planes, so what's more likely? That some people exaggerated, or that the people who were observant enough to notice the planes happened to miss an independence-day sized object right where the planes were with coincidentally the same number of lights? That last hypothesis makes no sense to me and is a ridiculous stretch, the first hypothesis is human nature.

edit on 2017524 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

As for the optical illusion, yea maybe the human body will always be tricked because of human physiology but not when a quarter of the sky is blocked by something. Like if you held a cd into the air and the group of lights are about the size of the cd maybe the optical illusion theory will come into play but not when a pretty sizable portion of the sky was covered, some witnesses said it was about the size of large ship in "Independence Day", I dont think the eyes and mind will fill in the blanks.

I can hold a CD up and make it cover the whole sky or just a small portion of the sky.

So can you.

You can hold a CD up and make it look like the size of the ship in Independence Day.

human perception and their perspective views can very easily trick even trained observers.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
kind of mildly interesting at least to me anyhow why Russell only revealed that he saw the lights now instead of back when they first appeared. Maybe he was fearful of ridicule perhaps? There is that ufo stigma still unfortunately. Pilots and Astronauts as well as military people know about this.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
kind of mildly interesting at least to me anyhow why Russell only revealed that he saw the lights now instead of back when they first appeared. Maybe he was fearful of ridicule perhaps? There is that ufo stigma still unfortunately. Pilots and Astronauts as well as military people know about this.

I thought he was saying he didn't think anything of it after he reported it. He went on with his life and didn't think about it. It was a few years later that he saw the show on TV and only then realized it turned into a big deal. Even then, he probably didnt wanna get involved with people looking for comment.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
....There is a video of the earlier sighting, which shows that it's 6 different objects in a V-formation, not one big object as some people thought. The interesting thing about what Kurt Russell says is that he mentions "6 objects" specifically, not one, confirming the analysis of the video that it was 6 objects, not one.

It is counter-intuitive that anyone would mistake a formation of separate bright lights as ONE big object with lights mounted all over it, blocking out stars as it passed, but actual events have surprisingly demonstrated that this illusion/misinterpretation is common, see www.jamesoberg.com...

That assumption of course, is assuming that the eyewitness who saw it much closer, covering city blocks, were lying. Obviously they would not have encountered that phenomena with it nearly directly overhead.

"Obviously" is a word often used by arguers who aren't confident in their logic and facts. What's your view of my report on multiple events where exactly this misperception has occurred?

That's not judging each case on its own merit. Some misperception happening yesterday doesnt automatically discredit what people saw today. It just makes it a possibility.

Labeling everthing a misperception/illusion is dismissive. And dont get me wrong, there's a lot of misperception and illusion out there, but to blanketly suggest that's all these people in Phoenix saw is no less dubious than thousands of people seeing something real and unexplainable.

I'm content to say I simply don't know what was out there rather than try to prove people aren't seeing what so many say they saw.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

The only astronauts I've seen being ridiculed and verbally abused over the UFO subject are those who patiently try to explain that the lights they saw and videotaped were normal nearby sunlit ice flakes that everybody at NASA is familiar with. Tom Jones, for example -- when he tried to explain the STS-80 video rationally, he was -- and still is -- savaged by true believers.

Below is just a sampling of what he was called on his youtube interview. I defy you to find any astronaut who expressed pro-UFO opinions and got a remotely similar assault.

[warning -- extremely foul language and images]

www.youtube.com...

that image of him sitting in a chair making a goofy ass face must be pre-op for having his nuts removed // What an asswipe.// he stopped being a pervert , that's why he said it// What a lying # this Tom Jones is! What a complete dunce! // who gives a # what this goofball has to say // AN ASS KISSING

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The only astronauts I've seen being ridiculed and verbally abused over the UFO subject are those who patiently try to explain that the lights they saw and videotaped were normal nearby sunlit ice flakes that everybody at NASA is familiar with. Tom Jones, for example

It's not unusual.....

Sorry Jim couldn't resist the old Tom Jones joke!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

IMO he didn't think anything of the event because he was not really interested in ufos. But again i could be wrong.
edit on 24-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's odd.. a bit unrelated but I literally just read that Walt Disney's dying words were simply "Kurt Russel" then this thread pops up on the feed a minute later.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I still see nothing but static in the 4 frames. I dont think stars will show up with an older cam when it focused on a subject. They didn't show up on the flare videos.

As for the Chandler highway where some saw individual lights others seen craft, that seems like cherry picking to me. I'll believe the sample from witnesses that commented on several different threads where its 4 to 1 showing people seeing craft while others saying individual lights who are usually critica to a point where they start criticizing witnesses that are saying crafts.

So like I said in previous post Im thinking cloaking device was turning off an on because some witnesses also say that the the lights were accompanied with a heat wave refraction body. I also believe there was possible men in black activity where evidence and memory was takin care of.

Hey its a conspiracy sight right?
edit on 25-5-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: wickd_waze

I can hold a CD up and make it cover the whole sky or just a small portion of the sky.

So can you.

You can hold a CD up and make it look like the size of the ship in Independence Day.

human perception and their perspective views can very easily trick even trained observers.

Why did you even post? If you cant figure out that holding a cd up into the air would mean up in the air away from the face, then its no use to take you seriously. It would be like debating a chimp.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
CDs in front of your face?LOLOL Hell, I was there, I don't need no stinkin' video or ridiculous, fabricated so-called explanations of misinterpretation.

Triangular craft?
Who claims responsibility?
Whose coming again very, very soon?

edit on 5/25/17 by Arouet because: meh

edit on 5/25/17 by Arouet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze

I still see nothing but static in the 4 frames.
You didn't notice the lines? If you did, you didn't figure out what those show? There's no static in the 4 screencaps, you must have been looking at the gif, which shows static because it's "enhanced".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see, the light at the upper-right of the image is already falling out of formation. By the end of the 43-second video, most of the lights have fallen out of formation, indicating that the lights are all separate vehicles, not one massive, single ship:

edit on 2017525 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Parachute flares. When I was stationed at Ocracoke Island, US Coast Guard boat station, there was a military live fire zone off limits to navigation. The Marines used to drop parachute flares 5 or 6 at a time. At 20 plus miles distance I could see them at Ocracoke station, completely on the other side of Pamlico Sound. They flares would form a line in the sky. With the last flare dropped in the highest position. The first flare dropped would be at the lowest altitude. The flares in between would for a angled line. Just like in the video above.

There is an air force base in Arizona, and most importantly a live fire bombing range for aircraft within a hundred miles of Phoenix and the ground between Phoenix and the bombing range is flat with no mountains.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thanks for replying, I'm just trying to really understand the "lights only" side of the argument. I'm not trying to troll you or anything like that. I had the impression that it was common knowledge, among locals, that it was a triangle craft and cover up flares later on. I met two people, who I believe, that witnessed it and both said large triangular silent glider. Couple others said they seen it but I think theyre bs'ing. I talked with several others about it as well too and they will usually know someone thats seen and its always a big quiet gliding ship. The governor witnessed it as a such too. I wasn't living in Phoenix at the time so I missed out.

My friend was barbecuing in a backyard with several other friends when he saw it, one lady couldn't stand on her own anymore freaking out thinking they were gonna get zapped because of how close it was. This is first time I mentioned my friend seeing it because I didn't want sound bias.

Those four frames in the example, someone showed those lights line up like it would when craft was tilted and different lights turning off and on too.

Also there were 7 different lights in V formation paths confirmed talking with witnesses that followed its own paths going south. I don't know if seven different set of squadrons would maintain a V formation all through out its paths. Some maintaining the formation from Cottonwood and Prescott about 2 hours drive north Phoenix.

Well anyways I'll concede your right and I'm wrong till new developments I suppose.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Parachute flares? OMG rofl

Go for giant phosphorescent fairies before parachute flares.

edit on 5/25/17 by Arouet because: meh

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arouet
Parachute flares? OMG rofl

Go for giant phosphorescent fairies before parachute flares.

So, you mean when I was stationed at Ocracoke, NC at the Coast Guard boat station I was in fact not seeing parachute falres that formed the same formation as the Phoenix lights.

You are trying to say that I was being visited by aliens on multiple occasions and didn't know I was being blessed with alien presence. But why did the alien craft always appear over the Stumpy Point bombing range?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You may have seen parachute flares while playing soldier but to call the Phoenix Lights parachute flares is REALLY displaying your ignorance and arrogance not to mention a complete lack of research on the event.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arouet
You may have seen parachute flares while playing soldier but to call the Phoenix Lights parachute flares is REALLY displaying your ignorance and arrogance not to mention a complete lack of research on the event.
There were two events, the one around 10PM was definitely flares as documented here:

If you've got some research debunking that you can share it but I doubt you do.

The other event at 8:30pm was a V-formation of 6 airplanes which is what Kurt Russell saw. The tower he contacted didn't know what they were because they weren't in contact with the tower he contacted, nor were they required to be, they were flying VFR between 10,000-19,000 feet with their landing and navigation lights on, and the airport tower radar only tracked objects below 3000 feet, so they were way off the altitude range of the airport radar. There was video of the planes and you can see them moving with respect to each other so we know it's not one giant object, heck even Kurt Russell calls it 6 objects but he didn't know what they were.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see, the light at the upper-right of the image is already falling out of formation. By the end of the 43-second video, most of the lights have fallen out of formation, indicating that the lights are all separate vehicles, not one massive, single ship:

So if you're saying those are not flares, you're right, they are not flares, they are planes.

The best witnesses to talk to are the ones who used binoculars or telescopes to observe the 6 objects because they got a better view than the people like Kurt Russell who just saw them with the naked eye. They are mentioned in these threads, and they were looking in the same part of the sky as the people who thought the V-formation was one giant object.

The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth (Part 1)

The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth (Part 2 with Map)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Kurt Russell said he saw six lights uniform in a V shape. If he saw airplanes I really believe he would have said 6 lights flying in a V formation or simply 6 planes flying in V formation.

Are you from Phoenix? I am, so I can bring the subject up with anyone from here and they'll have some sort of familiarity with it or know someone who's seen it. Like a neighbor I asked today who had an aunt who witnessed it too. The lights would rearrange instantaneously perfectly not in an "analog" manner I guess you can say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join