It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first world war 7000 years ago?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I will throw the op a bone though and say this. In this universe of wonders we live in it is entirely possible that we will one day uncover evidence of a super advanced civilization, evidence that no one can refute. Just because human beings haven't found it yet does not mean it doesn't exist. It is just our ego that makes us think so. That being said this thread has failed to give that evidence and the op should acknowledge that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And we will present our gods with gifts of lapis lazuli as we kneel before them.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I will throw the op a bone though and say this. In this universe of wonders we live in it is entirely possible that we will one day uncover evidence of a super advanced civilization, evidence that no one can refute. Just because human beings haven't found it yet does not mean it doesn't exist. It is just our ego that makes us think so. That being said this thread has failed to give that evidence and the op should acknowledge that.

You sound pretty condescending and egotistical. I don't believe that the OP has failed in anyway and certainly doesn't need your "bone" or to offer any acknowledgement to you.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Ok none of this will go main stream simply because most historians and anthropologist are payed not to shake the tree. Their livelihoods depend on it. Take this discovered on the Azores plateau not one ounce of main stream acknowledgement because it would simply make all the history books redundant, I like a good conspiracy but if sonar detects things that look interesting exactly where they were said to be, its starting to look like the "A" word is taboo. which makes the main stream look like they are pushing dogma.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Has anyone asked themselves why North America is the only continent with no ancient megalithic structures? Were they washed away when the great ice sheets suddenly melted at the end of the ice age? Are there any remnants of megalithic cities anywhere in North American continent.
I would like to see a thread on this subject.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
Has anyone asked themselves why North America is the only continent with no ancient megalithic structures? Were they washed away when the great ice sheets suddenly melted at the end of the ice age?

There are. There is a thread about one now that I started. Also Serpent Mound etc etc

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Nuclear explosions leave traces - a fission device would leave plutonium or uranium behind

Even an advanced fusion device would leave traces in form of Beryllium 10 produced when high energy neutrons
strike carbon atoms

10Be and its daughter product have been used to examine soil erosion, soil formation from regolith, the development of lateritic soils and the age of ice cores[4] It is also formed in nuclear explosions by a reaction of fast neutrons with 13C in the carbon dioxide in air, and is one of the historical indicators of past activity at nuclear test sites.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

After a couple of weeks the radiation goes back to normal, some nuclear lakes were blown as a civil engineering project a few years back in Russia, now you can drink the water.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

We are talking about civilizations that existed thousands of years to tens of thousands of years ago. The time it would take for metals to decay and become nothing but dust is determined by the environment the metal is in. This war supposedly occurred 7,000 years ago, that's more than twice the age of bronze age items.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Who were the beings that built these and where did they move their technology to. Are half of the things people invented in our history designed from tools they found that are very old? Did the lightbulb get invented because someone saw the drawings on the wall of an ancient temple? did these keyways in rocks actually help to steer people into doing dovetail and keyed woodworking joints? Man is more of a monkey see monkey do being. Did we learn from these ancient more advanced races? Were they actually human or were they hominoid beings. Where did they go, were they all killed or did the survivers go back and destroy all evidence so history would not be repeated.

I think these beings originated on earth myself, long before modern man was technologically advanced. Maybe we were convinced to work for these beings either through slavery or just because they treated us well.

As I was reading through the thread, these were my thoughts. And maybe after the war, they decided to leave the planet to us humans, and as you suggested, they cleaned up to leave as little evidence of their being here as possible. Also, note how there are ancient stories of giants, or Gods, in mythology (Greek, Roman and Egyptian) and even in the beginning of the Bible, it says there were giants, Nephilim, that lived among man back then.

A lot of great mysteries to our ancient world, that's for sure.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Or cataclysmic events occurred that buried, or sank most of the evidence, then time ravaged the rest. Or who knows, the Smithsonian or governments could have stores of objects they don't want people to know exist.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

At least we have some official archeological digs, in the Azores which have found Pyramids and artifacts.Thats a long way from their were "no people"
on the Azores before the Portuguese found the place.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Cool video. Even without the information the video shows great sites in the Azores.

But anyway, I had no idea there were pyramids in the Azores. Great info, thanks for posting the link.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Many of you lack critical thinking. And common sense. Proof in the way of tools, art, architecture can be found beyond the proposed timeline for older civilizations than those proposed to have undergone nuclear war. And yet a civilization that could have split the atom, which would have required advanced science, infrastructure, transportation, cities, population, an adversary capable of the same.. there is nothing for proof.

Use your head.. it doesn't even being to make sense. They would find SOMETHING. Not NOTHING. Recall how the Antikythera mechanism was such a big deal? Why? And you are proposing several civilizations (or at least 2), and the ability to conduct nuclear war.. including the mechanism to launch it.. yet, there is literally ZERO proof. Let's look beyond melted stuff.

You are not throwing spears and then *poof* tossing nuclear weapons. There is nothing.. no archaeological finds that support civilizations that could develop or launch nuclear anything. It's a fanciful tale with no legs, whatsoever. Unless you want to propose the "aliens supplied all the materials and cleaned up everything afterward" theory. Then I guess I got nothing.. I can't disprove such a claim.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

We have 2 options...well 3..

Maybe 4?
A Plasma Storm induced by a Coronal Mass ejection from the sun.
Drs. Robert Schock and Anthony Peratt regarding the "Plasma/Ice Age"
www.robertschoch.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Not a cosmic event?

That's what I wonder too. Isn't there anything native to the universe that generates the same signatures as a nuclear blast?

If mankind had not invented a nuclear bomb, how would we interpret these ancient explosion(s) evidence?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How...

I'm down with other intelligent Stone Age species forgotten to history, maybe even if reptilian decent..

I'm down with Randal carsons comet hypothesis which may have made us reinvent agriculture..

But a civilization more advanced that

The modern world takes diamonds from Africa and plutonium from Brazil (I made up Brazil lol), exc .. it wouldn't only take a civilization smart enough, it would require a global infrastructure..

Then it would have had to totally have skipped the fossil record (assuming it is millions of years old and another species)..

But most importantly I'm sure even today we have created synthetic materials , different polymers and metals that would last millions of years.

So I think there is room for countless stone ageish lost civilizations.. maybe even a couple really early Greek or baylonian types..

But skyscrapers and nuclear missles?? Flight and electronics?!?!

All with out a single nut or bolt being found?!?!

Now at one time I think there was a fantasy earth.. a dozen hominids all vastly different like some Tolkienish Middle earth type world with "elves(homo erecting) dwarves(pigmys) and orcs(Neanderthal) " all interacting....

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Most people wouldn't believe an ancient stainless steel tool if it was put in their hand. Here is a latest find, which seems to prove pre dynastic Egypt had iron tools.These are dated at about 7000 years ago, but they cant be because it wasn't even the bronze age!!!!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Isn't there anything native to the universe that generates the same signatures as a nuclear blast?

Geomagnetic Storms
en.wikipedia.org...
"Radiation hazards to humans[edit]
Intense solar flares release very-high-energy particles that can cause radiation poisoning to humans (and mammals in general) similar to low-energy radiation from nuclear blasts."

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: carewemust

Isn't there anything native to the universe that generates the same signatures as a nuclear blast?

Geomagnetic Storms
en.wikipedia.org...
"Radiation hazards to humans[edit]
Intense solar flares release very-high-energy particles that can cause radiation poisoning to humans (and mammals in general) similar to low-energy radiation from nuclear blasts."

Excellent info WreckClues. Thankyou for answering my question. Everyone admits that we still have much to learn about the Universe.

However, It would be exciting if we learned that some kind of major technologically advanced civilization existed on Earth 7,000 years ago.

If we had a nuclear war today that wiped out everything, I wonder what would be found by archeologists 7,000 years from now?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join