It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte says China's Xi threatened war if Philippines drills for oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: worldstarcountry

USA and Philippines have a strong relationship.

Great point - and the financial district over there is a big part of US trade and connection with the East

great thread!

Everything there is in English just about, and almost everyone speaks English.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Great point - and the financial district over there is a big part of US trade and connection with the East

great thread!

Well, in Luzon maybe, but not everywhere.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Sorry, but this is a non-point. The American people didn't know zippo about the Pacific and the South Pacific during WWII...and candidly, they still don't now.

There is no comparison between the ME and the Philippines. The US doesn't operate strategic forward bases out of the ME, other than Saudi and Turkey, which are intentionally pretty removed from what would be considered the ME wars. In other words, we don't operate (strategically) out of Iraq, or Asskrackistan. And frankly, we don't really operate strategically out of Saudi either; tactically maybe, but not strategically. Big difference.

edit on 5/20/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: semi-colon for a comma

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well if the economy collapse and US have internal problems like a civil war within its borders then Philippines is screwed.

Like it or not our economy won't last very long.

China knows that the US is crumbling from within.

When the economy collapse, the US will have no choice but to withdraw their troops overseas.

While South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan can defend themselves by having nuclear weapons (Yes I know officially they they don't have nuclear weapons, but I'm pretty sure they have them in secret due to recent actions by North Korea and China and plus they can afford them. It would be dumb to not have them especially since North Korea is threatening South Korea and Japan with nuclear weapons)

Other Asian nations like Philippines and Indonesia are screwed. In fact that's why China is building airbases in the South China Sea. They know US troops in the near future would probably withdraw from Asia due to the soon to be economic collapse. And when that happens, they'll use these bases as a staging ground for their Imperialist ambition.
edit on 5/21/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

great thread!

Well, in Luzon maybe, but not everywhere.

I traveled quite a bit. Manila, and up to Ilocos Norte, Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

China is crumbling. I don't know why you bring up fictional scenarios like the US happens to be in a civil war when the PI attacks China ....

www.marketwatch.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I would not put much stake in a US civil war. The country is pretty well fed, and the electricity is stable. I don't see it happening. Don't expect us to be walking away from the Pacific either, it is too strategically important.
Do they not also speak Spanish in the Philippines?? I have met people from there who were quite fluent in Spanish, I assume this is also a significant language there??

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I would not put much stake in a US civil war. The country is pretty well fed, and the electricity is stable. I don't see it happening. Don't expect us to be walking away from the Pacific either, it is too strategically important.
Do they not also speak Spanish in the Philippines?? I have met people from there who were quite fluent in Spanish, I assume this is also a significant language there??

They have several languages, Tagalog is the most spoken, one province we went to they spoke a slightly different language, my wife was able to talk to them because of how similar it was to Tagalog, but with some difficulty. Some provinces are fluent in Spanish, my wife knows English and Tagalog only. All of her schooling including college was in English only. Tagalog was not allowed.
edit on 21-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join