It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Tbh there is a lot of arguments coming from both sides of this (debate argument, not shoutie thankfully) But what is lacking is proof from both ends.

All I could add originally was Animals in the wild acting that way.

One thing I would like to point out:

A lot of couples / single people choose NOT TO HAVE CHILDREN even though they are heterosexual, removing them from the gene pool. By the definition of some of these arguments means that these heterosexual people have a mental illness. Please explain

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If being homosexual is genetic. Then at some point the population of gay/lesbian people would have to seriously diminish. Not increase as it has. Except by the use of surrogates & test tube etc. They can't reproduce. Which means there are only a few of them on earth reproducing... So why is the number of homosexual people increasing exponentially. That isn't just a whole lot of people coming out of the closet.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I believe in nature and it is difficult to explain homosexuality as natural. I believe it is a disorder and more importantly being presented as an option nowadays.

So, not all homosexuals could be having this disorder but some opt to behave this way.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

Take the ugly head as having reared.

Tax paying, law abiding, consenting adults don't need the indignity of being snooped on by prurient, holier-than-thou persons who would rather deflect attention from their own shortcomings by pointing the finger at others.

And, not in the expectation of getting a satisfactory answer, I'll ask again: Why is it anyone else's business?

I don't need to know the sexual preference of anybody unless I fancy them. The rest of the time, it really doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

You are not addressing the thread title at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Well, we might also discover that it's a genetic variation that mitigates over population.

The only point in this thread existing is to hate on gays as far as I can tell. Because unless you live it, you know nothing about it.
Rubbish. This is what I mean about denial. Everything else is a disorder but being gay isnt!

Well, if being gay is a disorder, it's a disorder if the most FAAABULOUSSSS kind. I wish I could get everyone ill with the gay bug
Except the ugly people of course .... bwahahaha.

And where do you get off with this 'Everything else is a disorder' nonsense anyways.

Disorders are harmful to the self. Being gay is definitely not.
Yes it is. It damages the butt whole, HIV is passed more often. It is also more mentally harmful than the disorder itself because one is acting out the disorder. Denial is to be expected!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It is utterly against nature as expressed in Romans 1:21-32 by Paul who spake as he was moved by the Holy Spirit.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 1:21-32

edit on 4/20/2017 by Josephus because: To place quotes around the scripture as it's a lengthy excerpt.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
For me the possiblity has always been both.

I have met 8 year old boys who are so clearly going to be gay it isn't funny.
I have also met girls (and boys) who have 'turned' gay because of huge emotional distress/abuse.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You are all suffering from the NBJLM disorder, or for longer, the "Not being just like me" disorder. It makes me frightened, insecure and angry. I hope a cure will be found one day.

Done with this topic.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

The thread title presupposes that somebody knows the answer.

I'd suggest we don't know and shouldn't care.

Everyone has their own Path in life and deserves respect as a human being. Unless and until their behaviour poses a threat to the well-being of society a person can be left to take responsibility for their own lives and that of their families.

Straight people have that privilege. There's no reason to deny it to gay people on made-up grounds.
edit on 20-4-2017 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What amazes me is the fact that the human race is prepared to allow a disorder to destroy the social fabric of our society just like any growing uncontrollable disease or virus would do if it destabilize the mentality of human interaction and social coherence!

A hundred years from now the gay disorder will be labelled as the great mental plague which we chose to ignore and let grow into a social and relational disaster before some smart cookie found the root of the disorder and proved that it could be treated thus rendering a so called gay person 100% straight!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Quoting religious dogma isnt proof. There is no science in it. Please stick to science.

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
What amazes me is the fact that the human race is prepared to allow a disorder to destroy the social fabric of our society just like any growing uncontrollable disease or virus would do if it destabilize the mentality of human interaction and social coherence!

A hundred years from now the gay disorder will be labelled as the great mental plague which we chose to ignore and let grow into a social and relational disaster before some smart cookie found the root of the disorder and proved that it could be treated thus rendering a so called gay person 100% straight!

Same with building weapons that can destroy the world over and over. Can someone please give us proof that it is 100% a mental disorder before spouting off basic hate speech, and on the nature side, stop spouting off the smug "better than you" replies and show EVIDENCE
edit on 3004America/Chicagokamb2017201754America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
i would like to know why sexual attraction to male or female is any different, in principle, than what underlies any number of what we usually call paraphelias. What is our rationale for calling one thing a legitimate sexual orientation versus calling another thing a perversion or paraphelia? Isnt that arbitrary?

As frustrating as it is for some people that society is now questioning what sexuality is and what attractions mean i actually think its a good thing. A sophisticated, reasonable society should be able to question traditional understanding and representation of sexual behavior, identity, inclination and so forth. But as long as we are going to have these conversations i submit that we will get NOWHERE without a set of ground rules we all agree to, including definitions whose meanings we all agree to and so on. Without being on the same page regarding words terms and definitions we will get nowhere.

Having said that, without including the role of environmental toxins in the development of a human embryo and especially the nervous system and endocrine system which has a critical role in sexuality, i tend to think any discussion of the origin or of what makes a person homosexual is doomed to fail.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Oh Please Lord, not the whole butt is sex bad and only gay's get AIDS crap.

You have just lost all credibility.

You Straights do anal with their women more than gay men do. And as for AIDS, well I'm 44, been gay longer than I can remember and do I have AIDS or HIV?

Deliberately delicious pause....

Umm. No.

That is all.
edit on 20-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

The thread title presupposes that somebody knows the answer.

I'd suggest we don't know and shouldn't care.

Everyone has their own Path in life and deserves respect as a human being. Unless and until their behaviour poses a threat to the well-being of society a pers
It's not posing a threat its already destroying the coherence and fabric of society and relationships! Wake up and smell the scent of human misdirection and move away from the natural to the misguided process of human relationships! Our children are being brainwashed because of a disorder into believing all is normal when in fact they are being misguided and potentially damaged by it!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the people arguing that homosexuality is NOT a disorder are the very people who would NOT want the subject to be scientifically researched.

I mean, that says it all.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

someone please give us proof that it is 100% a mental disorder before spouting off basic hate speech, and on the nature side, stop spouting off the smug "better than you" replies and show EVIDENCE

its pretty funny
its in the diseases and pandemics forum

classy

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

And as for AIDS, well I'm 44, been gay longer than I can remember and do I have AIDS or HIV?

Umm. No.

That is all.

You can thank the wonders of medical science for that.
edit on 20-4-2017 by JaneJonesLOLXD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Oh Please Lord, not the whole butt is sex bad and only gay's get AIDS crap.

You have just lost all credibility.

You Straights do anal with their women more than gay men do. And as for AIDS, well I'm 44, been gay longer than I can remember and do I have AIDS or HIV?

Umm. No.

That is all.
I didn't say ANYTHING about only gays get aids! I said "HIV is passed more often." I have known 3 people with aids and none of them were gay! Read what people write! And make false statements to comfort your denial!
edit on 20-4-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

I find it interesting that the people arguing that homosexuality is NOT a disorder are the very people who would NOT want the subject to be scientifically researched.

are you speaking for others ?
care to quote them ? saying they don't want it researched ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join