It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneJonesLOLXD

yes I have
equating homosexuality to being mentally ill
is very medieval of you
and a big leap without relevant data to back you up

maybe the wrong century for you

edit on 20-4-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is the product of a female soul ending up in a male body or a male soul ending up in a female body.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Brain disorder,or hard wired Darwin prize wanted. Its a dead end for their genes,I'd like to think humans can use foresight,a little bit.

I am using my foresight to not spread my genes around. All the mental illness i have been through and am going through, i don't want to spread these lousy b-class genes in to the gene pool to prevent further suffering to others.

You are a liberal right? Of course you have a mental disorder. Almost a duh statement

link   

originally posted by: JaneJonesLOLXD

originally posted by: berenike
I don't know why it even matters why some people are gay.

Gay they are, so get over it.

Relationships between consenting adults don't need to be the business of anyone else. They don't need to be dissected by 'science' or disapproved of by others who mistakenly think their own way of life is the only 'normal' or acceptable one.

We don't need a gay/straight division in society.

The only time I'll complain about or question another person's sexual behaviour is when it involves animals, children or nonconsenting adults.

By that logic I guess it doesn't really matter if people are mentally ill either. They are mental adults, they can do what they please. Get over it! Screw science!

Ignorance is bliss right?
Spot on! Serial killers, pedo's, arsonists, so all disorders lets just live and let live then. Not bloody likely!

link   

originally posted by: kibric

yes I have
is very medieval of you

I don't know if you noticed, or even read the OP. But this whole thread is a debate on whether or not homosexuality is a "disorder" or not. Forgive me for using a synonym, ie. disorder == mental disorder == mentally ill. I'll try to speak in simple terms in future.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Relationships between consenting adults don't need to be the business of anyone else. They don't need to be dissected by 'science' or disapproved of by others who mistakenly think their own way of life is the only 'normal' or acceptable one.

The only time I'll complain about or question another person's sexual preference is when it involves animals, children or nonconsenting adults.

Because it is humanities job to cure such disorders. That is why we care. In all honesty all we want to do is get you the help you so desperately need.

link   

yes I have
is very medieval of you
and a big leap without relevant data to back you up

If mentally well then that suggests all people with disorders are mentally well. Which organ in the body is responsible for our behaviors? Enough said!

link   

yer
without any real evidence it is just speculation

no one is more right than anyone else

I'll try to speak in simple terms in future.

good
it will suit your mental process

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

The only time I'll complain about or question another person's sexual preference is when it involves animals, children or nonconsenting adults.

Because it is humanities job to cure such disorders. That is why we care. In all honesty all we want to do is get you the help you so desperately need.
And it is time that this disorder was addressed because our children are being mentally conditioned contrary to their best interests because of a disorder which suggests we are now maltreating our children mentally by having them wrongly educated about their own species!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

yer
without any real evidence it is just speculation

no one is more right than anyone else

I'll try to speak in simple terms in future.

good
it will suit your mental process

Well, the problem is; there is more evidence to suggest mental disorder than.... eh.. what's the technical term..

"Honey, that's just the way I AM! PSHH!"

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The only time I'll complain about or question another person's sexual behaviour is when it involves animals, children or nonconsenting adults.

By that logic I guess it doesn't really matter if people are mentally ill either. They are mental adults, they can do what they please. Get over it! Screw science!

That's a complete misrepresentation of the point I was making.

For quickness and convenience let's suppose that mental illness impairs a person's ability to function in society.

That person's problems need to be recognised and help offered.

Gay people clearly have no problem in functioning in society unless society judges them to be deviant and persecutes them.

Everyone who is calling for all these tight definitions of mental illness and disorders ought to be careful what they wish for.

One day that little band of 'normal' will grow so narrow that the majority of us won't be able to fit in it. That endearing little idiosyncracy could have us locked up.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Does anyone know of any current research into this? I suppose if there is it will be in secret until they discover the root cause of the defect that causes the disorder and the treatment required to manage or cure it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

That's a complete misrepresentation of the point I was making.

For quickness and convenience let's suppose that mental illness impairs a person's ability to function in society.

That person's problems need to be recognised and help offered.

Gay people clearly have no problem in functioning in society unless society judges them to be deviant and persecutes them.

Everyone who is calling for all these tight definitions of mental illness and disorders ought to be careful what they wish for.

One day that little band of 'normal' will grow so narrow that the majority of us won't be able to fit in it. That endearing little idiosyncracy could have us locked up.

Alright, so what you are saying is, if someones problem only affects themselves and not society, then leave 'em to it!

Another poster mentioned quite a fitting example: Suppose someone has a compulsion to eat plastic, sure they are not hurting my kids and not harming society - but should we not feel obliged to help them?

I know they may not want the help, after all, they may enjoy eating plastic.

Incidentally, some high up politicians may also like eating plastic too, worsening the 'problem'.
edit on 20-4-2017 by JaneJonesLOLXD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Does anyone know of any current research into this? I suppose if there is it will be in secret until they discover the root cause of the defect that causes the disorder and the treatment required to manage or cure it.

If a 'root cause' of the 'defect' cannot be found, I'd suggest there is no defect.

So all these gay people are being subject to vilification for a 'defect' that hasn't been proven to exist.

How can that be justified? Society ought not to punish people when there is no evidence to suggest they are defective.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Well, we might also discover that it's a genetic variation that mitigates over population.

The only point in this thread existing is to hate on gays as far as I can tell. Because unless you live it, you know nothing about it.
Rubbish. This is what I mean about denial. Everything else is a disorder but being gay isnt!

Well, if being gay is a disorder, it's a disorder if the most FAAABULOUSSSS kind. I wish I could get everyone ill with the gay bug
Except the ugly people of course .... bwahahaha.

And where do you get off with this 'Everything else is a disorder' nonsense anyways.

Disorders are harmful to the self. Being gay is definitely not.
edit on 20-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Yeah good luck getting a grant or access to the equipment necessary to carry out such an endeavour.

link   

Disorders are harmful to the self. Being gay is definitely not.

So voluntarily taking one's self out of the gene pool is not harmful?
edit on 20-4-2017 by JaneJonesLOLXD because: (no reason given)

link   

Who else's business is it and why is it their business?

People would be better advised to keep their own back garden's clean and keep their noses out of other people's.

Or if they really can't help themselves perhaps they could try persuading thugs that they have a mental disorder and ought not to maim and rob old ladies. A far better use of a busybody's time and energy.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Brain disorder,or hard wired Darwin prize wanted. Its a dead end for their genes,I'd like to think humans can use foresight,a little bit.

I am using my foresight to not spread my genes around. All the mental illness i have been through and am going through, i don't want to spread these lousy b-class genes in to the gene pool to prevent further suffering to others.

You are a liberal right? Of course you have a mental disorder. Almost a duh statement

I am a human being. No need for "boxes" like liberal-conservative or left-right. I don't need it to make my world view. But your accusation about all liberals having a mental disorder is absurd and deep down under your hatred you know it too.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Who else's business is it and why is it their business?

People would be better advised to keep their own back garden's clean and keep their noses out of other people's.

Or if they really can't help themselves perhaps they could try persuading thugs that they have a mental disorder and ought not to maim and rob old ladies. A far better use of a busybody's time and energy.

Ah yes, I was wondering when the, "mind your own business" defense would rear it's ugly head.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join