It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About The Berenstein Bears

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: mazzroth

That will be the excuse used, that everything has changed, but then the paradox of that is, if it's all changed, how do some "know" it's changed?

To which they will answer that they're more awake and in tune with the universe, thusly it's just a big ego boost for them.

The best scenario for this is an "over soul" that remembers all the timelines as they change, some bleed back down into your singular reality happens in the unconscious state - dreams. So in laymans terms...the Soul is the key to remembering an older timeline.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Never watched Star Wars, but heard a lot of comedy routines mention it. Never line for line, its not funny that way.

Never read a Berenstain Beara book, but heard commercial announcers mispronounce it in rhythmic tune.

If you cant tell a story correctly, do the details change? No, kids remember saying "Luuuuuke" into the fan. And imitation Redneck accents attempting to pronounce Berenstain in a folksy way.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: xMoralDeclinex

Hi xMoralDeclinex, and thank you.

I don't understand how my grown kids, friends, school librarian and local book store owners all have the same memory as me. I did tons of research when I found out about the Berenstein spelling change, back in 2014.

To me, we notice the changes in things that are familiar. For me, that's books.

Not only did I have 3 children, but I also ran a home daycare (more kids)...volunteered at the school, worked in the school library and read stories to kids. I filed the books back on the shelf and was so familiar with them (and the authors).

My son was older than his sisters and he teased them constantly. He would say "Berenstein" like "Berenshteen"...(he was a fan of the movie "Young Frankenstein" and used it as a source of humour.
We also jokingly quoted, "Luke I am not your father"..."You love me, you really love me" (Sally Fields Oscar speech), etc. etc. (and this was all pre-internet)

I don't have any answers, just questions. Why do so many of us have clear memories of Berenstein? I have yet to hear anything logical or rational, and I'm not jumping on the time-travel-different timeline- ship, I'm more inclined to believe in technological mind games (false memory implanting).

I refuse to argue though, I'm all argued out. This is just me sharing, for anyone who is interested in discussion.
jacygurl

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

How am I derailing Mandella effect is about as believable as the resurrection - thats all that needs to be said. You;re the one who bought up celebrating the resurrection of your Lord, at least be honest

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The only thing the starter of this thread proved, was that he/she has no idea about the concept of Mandela effect.

And how come, how the heck come, when those who do not buy the theory (vast majority) says that believers of ME cannot admit that their remembering of things might be faulty. That they have perfect memory and will not admit being wrong because that would hurt their ego, which by the way of course has a boost because they are always right about everything and have just made up a theory about timelines shifting to feel special.

My memory fails on me all the time but this ME thing is real to me, about some cases. And my "ego" has not been boosted one bit because of this, this has more of a devastating effect when world view alters and being called names all the time. That is why better remain silent or grow a thicker skin and just swallow the ridicule.

And no, don't ask for it. again.I got ZERO proof.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hey Finspiracy!
Me too, I'm sick of people insinuating that I feel 'special'.
Noticing changes in things that are familiar is not a pleasant feeling...it's unsettling.

When I was heavily researching, I found a video of a man who was showing pages from the U.S. Patents site. The OLD spellings were there for items that are now spelled differently.
Later when I went to the Patents site to check for myself, a few of them would show up but many of them now do not.
(stuff like that makes me think "conspiracy" but I don't understand "why" it would be a conspiracy)

False memory implanting is a real thing though. I read enough about it to accept that it's a possibility regarding this because I can NOT explain why all the books (the material evidence) only supports the new/altered versions.

I am not a special snowflake, just a normal person who has no problem admitting when she is wrong. I have a great memory for many things, so-so for others. But when my kids and friends all remember the same memories with me, I can't understand WHY!!
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
The only thing the starter of this thread proved, was that he/she has no idea about the concept of Mandela effect.

And how come, how the heck come, when those who do not buy the theory (vast majority) says that believers of ME cannot admit that their remembering of things might be faulty. That they have perfect memory and will not admit being wrong because that would hurt their ego, which by the way of course has a boost because they are always right about everything and have just made up a theory about timelines shifting to feel special.

My memory fails on me all the time but this ME thing is real to me, about some cases. And my "ego" has not been boosted one bit because of this, this has more of a devastating effect when world view alters and being called names all the time. That is why better remain silent or grow a thicker skin and just swallow the ridicule.

And no, don't ask for it. again.I got ZERO proof.

My memory sucks, I'll be the first to admit that, but I 100% know that it WAS Berenstein when I was growing up. I must have read and said the phrase a million times. Berenstain, on the other hand sounds very unnatural, and is not something that I remember EVER reading or saying out loud.

Bear-in-steen, definitely not Bear-in-stain!!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

People also misremember 'Froot Loops' as 'Fruit Loops.'

Why? Because originally there were no vowels in the word 'Froot.'

The vowels were represented by an orange and lemon. The vowels could be whatever vowels you inserted in your mind. And because some people saw, in their minds, a 'U' and an 'I,' they were certain a new timeline was created where the cereal had two 'Os.'

Yes.

And names ending in "-stein" are so common that many people in their minds assumed it was Berenstein.

Personally, I distinctly remember "Berenstain" because back in the 1980s I would often watch the Berenstain Bears cartoon with my younger cousin and he would make silly juvenile jokes about "Bear stains", similar to underwear "skid marks".

(I didn't say they were good jokes.
)

The point is, I had a reason to remember it as "-stain", while some other people may have simply been under the assumption that it was more the common "-stein" name ending, and ran with that assumption for many years.

edit on 19/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Finspiracy

I am not a special snowflake, just a normal person who has no problem admitting when she is wrong. I have a great memory for many things, so-so for others. But when my kids and friends all remember the same memories with me, I can't understand WHY!!
jacy

Because you are all human who have the same human perceptions -- perceptions which are affected by similar cultural influences and by similar instinctive hard-wiring of your brains.

It's the same reason why many people can see the same familiar shapes in clouds, or other examples of pareidolia -- and that reason is because our brains present similar perceptions of the world to most people because most people's brains are affected by similar influences. Sure, sometimes the cloud shapes are purely subjective and different to every observer, but I know that often my wife, daughter, and I all agree on the subjective cloud shape -- because our subjective opinions are based on similar influences.

Don't forget, what our brains allow us to see, hear, and remember is NOT an exact reproduction of reality. Instead, everything we see, hear, feel, remember has been passed through the filter of our brains, and that filter presents us with an altered account of reality.

And since there are similarities I those filters among many people, and most people have the same instincts hard-wired into their brains, the end product of perception could have similarities from person to person.

edit on 19/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You've read about the memory experiment carried out on people who visited Disney land?

They brought in people who had visited Disney land and managed to implant a false memory of meeting Bugs Bunny in 30% of them, just by giving them visual clues like a cardboard cutout.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Saying we can't admit something is silly. We all know memory can be faulty. We all know minds can be manipulated. I'm pretty sure none of us "feel special".

There's a difference between trying to recall details of a single flash event (memory) - and knowing something you've seen everyday for years (knowledge).

I know South America was further west, because I've had a globe on my desk for years (with the US pointed towards me). We also don't have an Artic landmass (north pole) anymore. It used to be"ice caps", not "ice cap". I know there was a tilde in Coca~Coca, because I study typography and had recently been looking at the logo. I know it read Chic-fil-a, because there's one down the street from me... Etc.

As unfortunate as it is, it's best to ignore the unefected. They all have the same excuses, and the majority come in way to hot as if they're offended somehow. I've never seen people get so upset over a "conspiracy", as though they take it personally that you're effected and want to talk to other effected.

I used to post Effects here but few effected responded, so threads mostly filled up with oddly ticked of people telling me I was stupid. When a moderator censored me for "gate keeping" by deflating their arguments in the OP, yet refused to moderate their outright "manners violations" - I started to see ATS for what it had become.

Reddit was the same, so many of us are now on youtube.

I'm glad to see the Effected rising up here, and hope it continues..

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

I know South America was further west, because I've had a globe on my desk for years (with the US pointed towards me).

And I have specific reasons to remember it being exactly where it is.

I spent some time in South America about 25 years ago (took two trips in the late 1980s and early 1990s). I first went to Rio de Janeiro (on the Atlantic coast of South America), and I remember then that the timezone was 2 hours later than the U.S. East coast. Then a couple of years later I went to Lima Peru and Machu Picchu (near the Pacific Coast of South America) and found that the time there was conveniently the same as the U.S. east coast time. So, yeah...I knew then that South America is pretty far east relative to North America.

Think of it this way, following this geography:

-- Mexico is directly below Texas, and Mexico is shaped like a horn, with the "small end" of the horn heading east.

-- South and east of that small end of Mexico is Central America.

-- and Central America itself angles NW from Mexico to the to SE toward South America, connecting to South America at Colombia, which is in NW South America.

Putting most of South America East of Central America.

That's a lot of "easts", meaning that South America is pretty far east. What should the shapes and orientation of Mexico and Central America be for South America NOT to be so far east relative to the U.S.?

The fact remains that South America's location being farther East than you seem to remember is completely consistent with my experiences with time zones while traveling there -- that is, Rio being LATER than the US East coast (meaning it is further east that the eastern U.S. by two time zones) and why Peru on South America's west coast is in the same time zone as New York City.

originally posted by: Pearj

We also don't have an Artic landmass (north pole) anymore.

Back in the 1950s, a U.S. Submarine famously went under the Arctic Ice cap at the north pole.

So there was no land mass then, either.

edit on 2017/4/19 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

You don't need to tell me where South America is today - obviously I already know.

To your edit: You don't need to tell me the Artic never existed - obviously I'm aware.

ETA: Humm.. I think you're getting confused by my use of "landmass". I thought it was obvious by saying "ice cap" as to what I meant. There used to be an Artic that was constant, like Antarctica. (That should be clear - if not, I can't help you, someone else will have to assist you.)
edit on 19-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Great thread. Epic Evidence. This is exactly what we need in almost every thread. Awesome.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

My point is that if a submarine went under the Arctic to the north pole in the 1950s, then the arctic around the North Pole could not have been a land mass. You cant take a submarine under land, just water (or in this case, water with a frozen crust of ice on top).

And you didn't answer my question about what shape and orientation do you say Mexicao and Central America "used to be in" order to make it so that Peru on the west (Pacific) coast of South America NOT be in the same time zone as New York (as I know it had been decades ago when I was there)...or for Rio de Janeiro on South America's East (Atlantic) coast to NOT be in a time xone 2 hours ahead of new York, like I remember it being.

It seems to me for South America to be more "under" north America, Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula could be there, and Central America cannot be of the diagonal layout that most of us remember it being. Central America would need to be in a more of a North-South orientation than a diagonal NW to SE orientation.

edit on 2017/4/19 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Not only was there an ice cap in the North Pole but it was an Antarctica-like continent called Arctica. I learned about it throughout my early school days. One day in the 00s it was gone -- and so was my immediate recollection of it. It is only now, after the popular acknowledgement of the M.E. phenomena, that I can remember distinctly learning about this (truly lost) continent. So the phenomena is not only aspects or objects in the world inexplicably changing without causal reason to do so, but it is also accompanied by a kind of forgetting, or disregarding, on the part of the affected subjects. It is only until we are particularly insistent on certain knowledge that we can hold onto memories corroborating that info that we would otherwise unconsciously allow to be replaced with the new knowledge, the new history.

I did not realise my body had changed when it did, but I felt things were off about it -- very off. However my first thought was not that history itself had been altered, or the impossible had occurred, but that it was merely my own perception changing. As it turns out both approaches may be true simultaneously.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

It would be difficult to describe an erratic shape. "It was bulbous in some places, jutty in others, and leaned to the right of center." Applies to both.

By the way, your own avatar shows a representation of the Artic.

a reply to: Orburos

It's good to hear someone else remembers a landmass there. I remember dog sled races across the Artic, admiral Byrd exploring it, and photos from National Geographic of the barbershop styled north pole (yes, on both poles).

They say today that that ice breaks up every year... There's a marker there that looks like a yard dart in a pool of melting ice that drifts, and has to be replaced occasionally.

Then why aren't there historical shipping lanes going through it? It's a much shorter route, and we've had ice busting hulls for some time.

Why would the Santa Claus story put him living on the North Pole - when that's under water half the year.. The story could of put him anywhere else on the Earth that would of made more sense.

At any rate, it's good to hear your matching memories (in this case knowledge).

edit on 20-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Has there been any one claiming a major dimensional jump like they rember the South winning the civil war or the axis powers winning ww2 these little subjective things like Bereinstain bears just does not sell it for me.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
a reply to: OrganizedChaos

Understood, but wouldn't that mean that it always been 'Berenstain' and theres no reason to remember anything different?

Unless, for some reason, there are individuals that were somehow 'shielded' or 'partially shielded' from the effect?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just a FYI for those interested. I asked a fifty something year old self proclaimed "geek" yesterday what he remembered Darth Vader saying to Luke and he recited the whole scene between the two almost and said at the part "No, l am your father". He told me how he was a teenager back then and mowed lawns to watch "Empire Strikes Back" twelve times, while it was playing in theaters and it's his favorite movie of all time. He's a pretty bright fellow who is also a treky and always watching big bang theory, it seems like, every time I see him.

I know, I know. If that's what the line is now the history of it would be unchanged. I was just curious what he remembered and found it interesting too that he's not heard of ME considering he's a sci-fi guy.
edit on 21-4-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

edit on 21-4-2017 by wickd_waze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join