It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About The Berenstein Bears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

Why is it that no one is actually interested in looking into how our brains work?

It's a fascinating phenomena and really interesting when you go down the rabbit hole of why so many of us fall for the same tricks however that's all it is.

Just mind tricks caused by shortcuts our brain makes.

No different to a Magic Eye picture.
No different to a 3D movie.

Common people make common mistakes.

I concur. However, what interests me is the mechanism that is behind it. What is causing this? What common factor do "changelings" have? Is there a credible external factor?
As unusual as it seems, perhaps an un-expectation driven exploration would help.

VF

link   
There are things that I remember as being different while growing up, but it is impossible to 'prove' one way or the other if I'm just mis-remembering or that reality/multiverse slips are happening.

But in the grand scheme of things this interesting phenomena has no real affect on my life... or does it LOL.

link   
a reply to: jacygirl

It will be interesting to see what sort of reply you will get.

Maybe you can post the email if you get permission from ATS.
edit on 18-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

"Changelings" are the majority not the minority.
Only the most autistic would not experience any ME's.

That's one of the problems. People are under the assumption that they are the special ones who can see through this grand deception when it's not the case at all.

You need to look at each ME individually to understand how the confabulation occurred.

"Luke, I am your father" is caused by your brain editing on the fly so one sentence makes sense.
"No, I am your father" means you have to understand the previous statement whereas "Luke, I am your father" is self contained.

Many times it is caused by the brain correcting an error that isn't there. eg. Fruit Loops, Berenstein.

Some of it is cultural. eg. people thinking that Sydney is the capital of Australia.

Sometimes it's due to the neural networks being built up in a certain way so that muscle memory takes over and misleads you a certain way.

But this is just religion now. People tend to be drawn to the easy answers.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

It will be interesting to see what sort of reply you will get.

Maybe you can post the email if you get permission from ATS.

Thank you, SolAquarius!
I actually have already received a response to my e-mail. This is most of it:

"Thank you for writing... Some interesting ideas you brought up. I had no idea there was a controversy over the spelling of the Berenstain Bears and their creators... and I hadn't heard of the "Mandela Effect" before. I did some research on the net... and more importantly, I went back through my files to look up the character models provided by King Features when I was involved with the characters through King's licensed art projects. That would've been late 80's to early 90's. There was little that had the name attached, but what I did find was spelled with an "ai". Including an actual signature of Jan Berenstain herself dated 1983.

I hate to refute the conspiracy theorists... but I believe the correct spelling to be "Berenstain"... and my error on my website is just a typo. Please don't use my page to support or refute anything... it was just an honest mistake... and I'm really too busy to deal with the website now to fix it. But thanks for bringing it to my attention."

Note: I have pretty much given up on this topic but still get curious when a new thread is started. There is no proof to back up the 'Berenstein' spelling and if it's some technologically implanted false memory some of us will likely never know why/how/when or what is causing it.

Good luck to those of you who continue pursuing this.
jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I also remember very clearly, Berenstein Bears and long before the Mandala Effect theories came into play (maybe a few years) I had a wtf moment trying to remember if it really was Berenstain or Berenstein. I REMEMBER BERENSTEIN!

So what gives? Why do so many of us have this collective Stein memory???

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OrganizedChaos

Understood, but wouldn't that mean that it always been 'Berenstain' and theres no reason to remember anything different?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So is this the author or some one involved with the the books like a publisher.
Your email probably sent them down the bizzare rabbit hole of the Mandela Effect and they are having a WTF moment.

edit on 18-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
So is this the author or some one involved with the the books like a publisher.
Your email probably sent them down the bizzare rabbit hole of the Mandela Effec and they are having a WTF moment.

This is from one of the illustrators of the books (he's also done work for Disney, Kellogg's, etc.)
I was disappointed with his answer but not surprised.

I've been researching this for 3 years and there is no physical proof that I can find.
I have found proof of "false memory implants" though, and am leaning towards that theory.
There are a lot of people having the same 'false' memories which leads me to suspect that something is going on.

I have no problem admitting that I have no answers as there is much in this world that I don't understand. I suppose if some of us are somehow picking up or receiving these false memories, my first question now would be "Why?".
jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Now I would be impressed if suddenly the bereinstain bears became the Bereinstain Baboons. I would then be willing to consider it to be something more then suggestibility and the falabilty of memory.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xMoralDeclinex

You actually seem to be proving The Berenstein Bears dimension shift (I too hate "Mandela Effect" as a term!)

That is the point of "Mandela Effect" is that every piece of evidence points to something other than what was remembered by many different people from many different walks of life.

Memories are not recipe cards you pull out. They're are complex, there are chemical components, there are emotional components, that make up memories. Nobody has/can explain why I was sat down and had a "grown up talk" where I learned the term "stereotype" what it means and how wrong it is judge a group of people by certain criteria. I simply asked, "Why are they called the "Berenstein Bears? The mom doesn't look Jewish." And a bit of childhood ended that day.

So we (the people that remember 'stein' ) now just what? We shrug it all off. There are other things in this world to experience and there is no way in h3ll to convince anybody so why try?

Why does all material NOW read "stain" instead of the way myself and others remember it? And it will always read that way. Which is shame. I think a lot of people would enjoy listening to Pete Townsend too!

Hope you understand a bit more of what is like when a huge group runs around saying, "false memories." And I sadly shake my head because you all still don't really understand how strange this really is.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007
So what gives? Why do so many of us have this collective Stein memory???

How many last names can you think of that end in stain?
Now how many can you think of that end in stein?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I have my own books from childhood and indeed they say "Berenstain". However, I clearly remember my mother teaching me "Phonics" and using one of my BerenstEIn Bears books as an example of how to pronounce words with EI together re: whether it is pronounced steen or stine. The point of the alleged Mandela effect is that for many people these items USED to say Berenstein, but inexplicably they now say something else. The fact that these items say Berenstain today is not in question.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

If you think photos of books in your basement is proof that the Mandela Effect isn't real - then you don't understand what the Mandela Effect is.

What bothers me is that you remember Berenstein.

Do you remember how to get to work everyday? If you don't trust your memory, shouldn't you check a map before going to work?

Thing is you remember how to get to work everyday without looking at a map, because you do it everyday... Just like you remember the books you read everyday as a child, and that your world has been saturated with since.

Only recently did you discover what you've known and been saturated with since childhood is now different.

You didn't prove anything, you only reinforced your own ability to stay inside the box - follow the pack.

Only you know when you're sure of something.. but when you're sure, you should trust yourself.

Ok.. /rant - feel free to start freaking out now.

I think you fail to understand how the human mind works. Your mind is capable of remembering things that did not happen, and most people's minds do this on a regular basis. It has been proven that the human brain reads words by analyzing the first and last letters of words, and I believe that this plays a part in the false memories of those who claim they "know" it was "Berestein". I think most people are familiar with the tale of Frankenstein, or have known someone with "stein" in their last name. In my opinion, this makes it that much easier for one's self to make the connection in this particular case. How many people have you met with "stain" in their last name? Few, if any at all. I understand what people claim the "Mandela Effect" to be, and I have found zero evidence to support it. And if you call "following the pack" looking at the evidence, understanding firsthand and through research that the human mind makes mistakes all the time and can easily create false memories, I would be glad to be included "in the pack".

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

My religious beliefs hardly have anything to do with this thread. And I certainly have not "jumped to conclusions" in my faith. It was a long and perilous journey that lead me to my faith. But alas, it is a tale for a different time, a different day, and a different thread. Your attempt to derail is denied.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Jacygirl,
I commend your hard work in seeking out the truth. The investigation you have done is more than most can speak for, and I think it is pretty cool you were able to track down one of the original artists and actually get a reply from him. I think another aspect of this whole mystery is actually expressed in the reply e-mail from the artist. When he mentioned the typo on his website, specifically. I think that many people have seen "Berenstain" spelled incorrectly so many times that this in itself has lead people to believe that this is the correct spelling. I am afraid that as others have expressed in this thread, many people these days just can't admit or accept that they made an honest mistake. There always has to be another answer, or conspiracy for that matter. And this coming from someone who believes in many conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I remember it as Bearinstein but then,
who knows?!

The brain can do some weird stuff,
memories being one of them so it is possible that it was always Bearinstain,
but my memory recalls it differently.

*shrug*

The whole alternate timeline thing is a bit out there,
I never thought it was that,
although it is odd to remember it other than what it really is.
(at this time)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

This was a reasonable, level-headed argument and if I had not experienced the ME I would be in agreement with you. There is nothing wrong with your argument in and of itself, just pieces of what this ME is which are not explained away by it. Let me explain. Not only do I have a clear memory of the spelling and pronunciation of "Berenstein" but I also remember different kids, parents and teachers pronouncing it differently: "Berenstein," Berenstine" or "Berenstain." This was due to the -"stein" spelling. If it had been spelled "-stain" everyone would have known how it was pronounced. Also, I and may other kids would have made fun if it had been spelled "-stain" with countless jokes about the bears who stain their pants. We never did because it was never called that. Also, it is not a singular memory but a great many memories throughout my childhood and into my teens of always seeing that spelling and pronouncing it that way.

For me, I had no doubt whatsoever that the "-stain" spelling was wrong. It is literally no different than someone telling me that Apple Computer is actually Orange Computer. But actually it is different because of how much I read and loved those books through my childhood and even returned to looking over them over the years out of sentimentality. I did not need others remembering it the same way to be sure of this. It would have made no difference to me. It simply adds credibility to it as a supernatural occurrence and it adds more heads to discuss why this may have happened. Many, many people remember the "Berenstein Bears," not the "Berenstine Bears" or the "Bearenstein Bears." It's very specific and shared by many. The multitude of concise memory is strong evidence that there is validity to what we are saying. But you are free to believe what you want.

Also, I personally have never considered the possibility of some kind of conspiracy. I have never seen evidence suggesting a conspiracy. I also do not believe in alternate realities, thus I do not see that as a likely explanation for it either. I do not think that anyone is travelling through time and altering things deliberately or accidentally. I actually have no theories. It's a really bizarre occurrence which fascinates me still.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Here is a screen shot from a cartoonist-illustrator who has drawn some of the licensed characters (with full creator approval) including Disney, Kellogg's and...The Berenstein Bears. Credible enough?
ronzalme.com

A biography on the authors, Jan and Stan Berenstein.
Children's Writers Jan and Stan Berenstein

Amazon...amazon.co.uk showing Berenstein spelling.

The thread, "Very weird theory that I found on the Internet" is from 2014, received 132 flags...and a lot of us did some serious research on the topic. Worth checking out if you're interested.
Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

jacy

Thank you for sharing this evidence, Jacy

The link to the thread only shows your posts though for some reason. Here is the full thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There is something going on, though I have no specific theory of exactly what or why at this time. Intriguing subject as always.

Berenstein was questioned as to how it was pronounce...steen or stine. Stain is easy to pronounce and children would have made jokes about it and never did, for me and many others anyway. It was always 'mirror, mirror on the wall'...for me and many others. Weird as hell,
edit on 19-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join