It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About The Berenstein Bears

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

On that map Greenland looks like it would be the largest nation in the world. I remember it being large but nowhere near that huge.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: Box of Rain

On that map Greenland looks like it would be the largest nation in the world. I remember it being large but nowhere near that huge.

That is in fact the whole issue surrounding what is often called "The Greenland Problem" with the Mercator projection. It has been discussed for many years (definitely since I was in school in the 1970s, and I'm sure prior to that) that because of the way the Mercator Projection warps the globe in order to fit on a flat map, it makes Greenland look to be the size of Africa -- which it isn't.

That' "Greenland Problem" is not a new criticism of the Mercator Projection at all.

And it's more of a symptom of a bigger problem with the Mercator Projection than the problem itself, since Greenland is not very inhabited. Look up the "Peter's-Gall" projection for more on the problems with the Mercator Projection.

edit on 28/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Finspiracy

I am not a special snowflake, just a normal person who has no problem admitting when she is wrong. I have a great memory for many things, so-so for others. But when my kids and friends all remember the same memories with me, I can't understand WHY!!
jacy

Because you are all human who have the same human perceptions -- perceptions which are affected by similar cultural influences and by similar instinctive hard-wiring of your brains.

It's the same reason why many people can see the same familiar shapes in clouds, or other examples of pareidolia -- and that reason is because our brains present similar perceptions of the world to most people because most people's brains are affected by similar influences. Sure, sometimes the cloud shapes are purely subjective and different to every observer, but I know that often my wife, daughter, and I all agree on the subjective cloud shape -- because our subjective opinions are based on similar influences.

Don't forget, what our brains allow us to see, hear, and remember is NOT an exact reproduction of reality. Instead, everything we see, hear, feel, remember has been passed through the filter of our brains, and that filter presents us with an altered account of reality.

And since there are similarities I those filters among many people, and most people have the same instincts hard-wired into their brains, the end product of perception could have similarities from person to person.

You responded to "jacygirl" who quoted me.

Yeah i see pareidolia very often. Here on ATS, mars picture topics, and even on my window curtains my mama gave to me. I see faces on those curtains, even famous peoples faces, but i realize they are only just patterns when i view them in the context.

However, i don't see how you can relate pareidolia with mandela effect?

Nevertheless, i give you super credit for not being offensive or disrespectful towards believers of ME.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
theres hundreds of Berensteins in America

but only like 7 Berenstains in America - and they're most all in pa except 1 appears former pa but moved out to ca thus likely related

what are the odds jan stan would have that rare variation and nobody noticed or discussed til after they passed on? their books themes would always be secular.

but mike shifted the berenstein's theme to Christian and about the Bible and thats around when their name spelling rather magically shifted sorta like lion & lamb to wolf. convenient coincidence?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xMoralDeclinex

I recall reading the Berenstein Bears from an early age... if you recall being 8 years old, why is that? I recall the title always being written in cursive and I definitely remember learning cursive at 8 years of age. Is it realistic to suggest 8 year olds didn't care to remember small details?
When I first saw Berenstain Bears it looked foreign to me, and upon reading the article I was shocked to learn the the Berenstein Bears I had known as a child had never existed.
The article contained 4 other Mandela Effects with out the answers. I answered all of these with the same answer as other Mandela Effect experiencers recollection.
Honestly- "it's a wonderful day in this neighborhood" ?

edit on 24-9-2019 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Idiots...
Sorry, f*#+in idiots.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Stan was born in 1923 in Philadelphia. to a Jewish dad who was named Berenstein.

and pretty much all old info that Google/Darpa hasn't been able to change, points to Stan Berenstain's father indeed being Harry BerenstEin:

ethnicelebs.com...

"Stan Berenstain was Jewish. He was the son of Rose (Brander) and Harry Berenstein."

this isn't a case of someone surnamed Berenstein in Europe coming over to America and accidentally getting it changed to Berenstain. This is about an American, born in America, to parents with already registered names in America, somehow getting his name spelled wrong.
imagine if your last name was spelled differently on your birth certificate from your father's (or mother's if she passed her surname onto you instead). that difference in spelling would stand out to the authenticator or even in today's world. (sorta like the Obama birthplace scandal. remember what happened to the Hawaiian woman Loretta Fuddy who authenticated his altered, inconsistent birth certificate? she was drowned after surviving a plane crash, by blackops!
if i had a dollar for everytime i heard classmates back in grammer school (especially on 'Scholastic News' days) make yiddish references to the bears name ending in STEIN, gosh i'd be richer.

Stan's shift in surname spelling (that carried over to Jan and Mike) is overly an overly convenient coincidence for Berenstein Bears' recent shift to be Bible-bearing, perhaps now Jesuit, bears of the NWO.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join