It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWPD ? - What would Putin do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If you are Putin which of the below pipelines would you want?

Hint: One of these pipelines allows Russia to control energy distribution to Europe and gives Putin leverage over European countries who buy from Russia. The other one does not.

The below maps are what the Syria mess is about.

EDIT: Putin wants to exert influence and control over the supply and sale of oil to Europe. If he gets the pipeline deal that builds the pipeline through the countries he is aligned with then he gets the control he wants. The US doesn't want Putin to get the deal he wants so we support a different pipeline plan. Therefore we maintain control since we are aligned with Qatar.

edit on 10-4-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I donk its about gas supply anymore. More about a pissing contest that has been brewing since the cold war.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

What?

This is 100% about who controls the spice my man.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

edit on 10-4-2017 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

In nz we have a saying.....yeah nah bro. It means "I can't tell you either way my friend".
But gas doesn't make as much money as war does.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

every single day i read this website i get dumber

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

In nz we have a saying.....yeah nah bro. It means "I can't tell you either way my friend".
But gas doesn't make as much money as war does.

You realize the primary reason countries go to war is for the express purpose of controlling an area that either has a strategic value or a natural resource value right? War itself is no the profit mechanism.

The spoils of the war are where money is made. If Putin gets the pipeline he wants then we lose. If he doesn't then he loses and by default the US continues to maintain control.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

every single day i read this website i get dumber

You've clearly had that affliction prior to ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

That was the primary reason,now it's who has the rocks to follow through, do you understand the real reason?.

That came first,but now its a show of face,balls out if you will to put it nz lingo
edit on 10-4-2017 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

Okay,its not easy using a phone with a few beers tucked in. I hope you understand what I'm saying, sorry if not. But its plane as dog nuts what's happening with the Syria thing. I'm glad I live way away from all that trouble.
edit on 10-4-2017 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

You are missing some key facts. Russia has a GDP less than the state of California. Russia cannot even begin to compete with the US in an arms race. The US has an economy eight times the size of Russia. Russia has 15% inflation.

Add it all up and what Putin will do is bankrupt his country if he provokes a war. He knows this. Therefore he is posturing. It's a battle he will never win.

Trump may not be a politician but he knows everything I just listed and much more so from a simple numbers point of view Trump knows even if Putin were dumb enough to start a war it would be a very short lived one. You can't resupply your troops without food, equipment, weapons, and ammo which all require money to procure. Money Russia does not have.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

But maybe he doesn't care about the fine points? War is way,money is money,lives are expendable.

Edit. I'm out anyway.
edit on 10-4-2017 by hiddenNZ because: I'm out

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

It is about much more than that. Your gas is just one of the goodies up for grabs.

Strategic usefulness of geography, arms sales, political influence, banking influence, keeping the enemy at arms length and not allowing them gains (if you do not have it they will have it and be stronger for it where as you will be weaker). The military bases in strategic locations are of prime necessity.

If the West/ Saudis don't rule over Qatar and its goodies Russia/Iran/ would probably be glad to and they would have all the goodies instead of us and the Saudis.

On that score I guess we should be glad that Saudi Arabia works with us and not the Ruskies.

It is all about diplomacy and allegiance (allies).

edit on 10-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So your opinion is then, that it is ok for NATO to destroy a country that has the right to choose its own economic and strategic deals??

Putin was not the one that started this mess, did you forget that?? Neither was Syria, unless of course rejecting a deal that is not in their favor is illegal, which justifies fueling the rebellion in Daraa where the police and civilians alike were being shot by snipers, startlingly similar to what happened in Ukraine 2014 and even Venezuela in the early 2000's .... I wonder what could be that explanation???

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Putin would clap his hands with just one arm.
Just because he is able to, you know, Superputin and stuff...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Pipeline might be one of the conflict contributing factors but it’s not the whole story

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Great post - and they both run through Syria. The worrisome part is that there may be a confrontation beteen the US and Russia.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

There is no reason why both can't be built. Yes, Putin favors the one that runs through his allies, but there are other geopolitical factors at play. A naval base on the Med and assurances that the Bosporus will remain open outweigh a pipeline that is only of secondary importance to Russia. In fact, reducing Iran's market share would be good for Russia, who is also an energy exporter.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Great post - and they both run through Syria. The worrisome part is that there may be a confrontation beteen the US and Russia.

There is already a confrontation between the United States and Russia. It is called a Cold War, and hot battles are fought by proxy.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You are missing some key facts.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Ah, but the spice must flow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join