It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Russia's deputy U.N. envoy, Vladimir Safronkov, warned on Thursday of "negative consequences" if the United States carries out military strikes on Syria over a deadly toxic gas attack.

"We have to think about negative consequences, negative consequences, and all the responsibility if military action occurred will be on shoulders of those who initiated such doubtful and tragic enterprise," Safronkov told reporters when asked about possible U.S. strikes.

So does this mean we can drop the Russia stooge thing?

+25 more 
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Same as in the other thread.

What in the actual f)(#????

News breaks that Syria used gas on children, next day were launching missiles at their infrastructure. Preceded by HRC coming out of the basement to say "Hay guyz!! I would totally lauch missiles at their airfields!"

Red flags should be raised in minds across the world.

link   

well then, I guess there will be some more bridge collapses due to "electrical fires" or perhaps sudden "pipeline disruptions". Expect to see more spectacular "infrastructure failures" soon.

link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
No WAR!!!
we dont need more wounded vets

That's easily resolved. We have the capacity to render Syria into a grease spot without ever setting a single American foot down on Syrian soil. If we go that route, fighting this from a position in which it is impossible to suffer US casualties, the price is low and internal backlash shouldn't be all that high.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well that escalated quickly.

I do have to wonder if the timing is to show China Trump means business on NK..

Watch Russia.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Only $1,600,000 a piece. $80,000,000 for the bunch of 50, was there a bulk discount?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is how the world ends.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

my point is, straight to launching missiles, we dont know of any diplomacy that took place and remember Putin is Assad's friend, so how is this gonna work out? i have no clue.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Same as in the other thread.

What in the actual f)(#????

News breaks that Syria used gas on children, next day were launching missiles at their infrastructure. Preceded by HRC coming out of the basement to say "Hay guyz!! I would totally lauch missiles at their airfields!"

Red flags should be raised in minds across the world.

You put that in my thread ( now closed )
This thread is better!🙄

edit on 6-4-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No WAR!!!
we dont need more wounded vets

That's easily resolved. We have the capacity to render Syria into a grease spot without ever setting a single American foot down on Syrian soil. If we go that route, fighting this from a position in which it is impossible to suffer US casualties, the price is low and internal backlash shouldn't be all that high.

Cost in lives maybe but cost will depend on how many missiles we launch lol they're not cheap.

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Be careful about slapping that Russian bear by mistake... its got claws of its own.

I know this was inevitable, but...

TheRedneck

link   

Finally... things get interesting!

Get out the popcorn!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey Blueajah,

They are targeting locations where chemical weapons are stored.

Fair enough, but when exactly did they receive intel on this? Fairly crucial to the plot methinks.

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Well that escalated quickly.

I do have to wonder if the timing is to show China Trump means business on NK..

Watch Russia.

Russia is rational, watch North Korea and Iran. Either or both are serious risks to take this as an opportunity to get uppity and try something.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

That's a major exaggeration.

Trump gets things done. Something had to be done.

link   

a reply to: face23785

my point is, straight to launching missiles, we dont know of any diplomacy that took place and remember Putin is Assad's friend, so how is this gonna work out? i have no clue.

They've been doing diplomacy on Syria since 2011. Just sayin. I'm not advocating to invade, but just taking out some chemical weapons facilities to reinforce that no you SHOULD NOT use these is fine with me.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Good point. I think it's safe to say Trump isn't in bed with Russia at this point. Maybe that's another reason for this. Sheesh.

Not a good move IMO, it didn't even go though congress as far as I know...Not to mention this whole thing reeks of 2013 when Kerry, McCain and Obama were pulling for "limited strikes" when there was more evidence that the "rebels" did the chem attack.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Breaking. . . . NBC NEWS: President Trump has launched over 50 Tomahawk missiles, striking Syria

mobile.twitter.com...

Anyone could have seen this one coming from miles away.

And don't forget - we let the Russians know we're coming via back-channels so they can get their assets out of harms way. Additionally, they agree to do nothing about this except maybe huff and puff a little, if that. And then as a thank you to the Russians for their "cooperation", sanctions are lifted by the end of the year.

The Russian's get richer, Trump keeps on Trumping, and the pageant continues while they dance the night away...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Hey Blueajah,

They are targeting locations where chemical weapons are stored.

Fair enough, but when exactly did they receive intel on this? Fairly crucial to the plot methinks.

Good question. I think they must have known the locations for a long time, but no one else was doing anything about it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: Ohanka

That's a major exaggeration.

Trump gets things done. Something had to be done.

Maybe he should've launched the missiles at terrorist locations?

This is Hillary's foreign policy. People for Trump to avoid exactly this kind of bull#.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join