It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A Very Big Mistake in my opinion.I am disappointed by this.Why do we think we have to be the Worlds' policeman?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Be careful about slapping that Russian bear by mistake... its got claws of its own.

Again, Russia is rational. They're the #1 threat to US security and may well be screwing around behind the scenes, but Russia has never gone directly toe to toe with the US before for good reason. They fight proxy fights against other global superpowers while using direct confrontation against lesser nations. When WW3 eventually happens, I'd expect Russia to sit back in their frozen gulag and only directly engage if another country attempts to enter the Russian borders.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Perhaps.

As a previous poster suggested, perhaps was part of bargaining with Russia. All assuming this is not some sort of extremely fast moving false flag.

IDK the actual story just yet but the "offical" one stinks.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

right but who do we know who's gas it is? maybe Trump's going after the wrong people, was this even intended for Assad. This just looks like an outright attack on Syria at this point, still waiting for some declaration of war if Assad was the target.

+13 more 
link   
I'm confused. Republicans said Hillary would start ww3 attacking Syria. So, who really wanted war3.

link   
a reply to: vjr1113

still waiting for some declaration of war if Assad was the target.

From this Congress?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Taking out a portion of Syria's air power.
This seems measured.
edit on 6-4-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I'm confused. Republicans said Hillary would start ww3 attacking Syria. So, who really wanted war3.

The bipartisan establishment.

link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Somebody has to do something.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
A Very Big Mistake in my opinion.I am disappointed by this.Why do we think we have to be the Worlds' policeman?

In a nutshell, because we're the only one that can be.

We can argue the pros and cons until the cows come home, but there will still be that one immutable fact.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Wookiep
Well that escalated quickly.

I do have to wonder if the timing is to show China Trump means business on NK..

Watch Russia.

Russia is rational, watch North Korea and Iran. Either or both are serious risks to take this as an opportunity to get uppity and try something.

More like Iran and N Korea will go slink back in their holes and wait 8 years till the scary Trump is gone.

link   

US navy firing tomahawks into Syria in retaliation for gas attacks on civilians.

US has been trying to conquer Syria like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya, to name a few, for years.

But thanks for making it sound like vengeance for something the Syrians did. Hitler called his cruise missiles "V1s", V for Vengeance.

Thanks for also blaming the victims for what we do to them.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Taking out Syria's air power.
This seems measured.

A measured response to a terrorist chemical weapon depot got bombed?

This is nothing but an unprovoked act of war against Syria.

link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: face23785

right but who do we know who's gas it is? maybe Trump's going after the wrong people, was this even intended for Assad. This just looks like an outright attack on Syria at this point, still waiting for some declaration of war if Assad was the target.

That was my initial reaction as well, was that maybe he should have waited for hard confirmation that it definitely was Assad. But we don't know, he could already have that and it just isn't public yet. We'll see. So far it's a very limited strike, yeah the people who call it WW3 every time a firecracker goes off are gonna freak, but so far it's nothing to worry about. YET

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't think that Hillary would have done anything more than Obama did.
She is just talking big now because she feels left out and ignored.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Well this it what all of the libs wanted, hope they're happy.

WTF???

So Trump and the Republican Majority Government launches this attack and you're still blaming Dems???

Amazing!!! You're denial of who's doing what in this world is f*cking incredible!!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Russia may be rational, but after a clear warning earlier today, inaction is going to make Putin look weak. I can't see that happening easily.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: Phage

honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if trump just tweeted. "Syria - bad hombres, going to war" how is targeting another state not war? what else can this be?

link   
I'm sure Trump must've cleared this with his Russian overlords first. Right?

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: vjr1113

still waiting for some declaration of war if Assad was the target.

From this Congress?

We declared war on terror, convenient that. Not a country, not a people, but "terror". Carte Blanche to blow the crap out of anything and everything under that label.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join