It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ Caught Photoshopping Pics - Their YouTube Story Is A Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

This is all a part of the left's war against social media after Clinton's monumental defeat during the 2016 election and the fact that alternative media personalities are becoming more popular than liberal bullhorns like WSJ and Buzzfeed.

EDIT: Ha! YouTube took the video down! Case and point.
edit on 2-4-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Overall it is much more interesting than the OP was able to explain. Not to mention kind of getting it incorrect.
I had only wanted to bring the subject to the board as I thought it might be a really big deal ...But like you said it is something that will be on the radar for a time to come ... I also wonder if it might also be related to other Youtuber complaints over the past month or so . There seems to be some independent journalists that have lost the ability to monetize and they don't seem to get answers from YT as to why . I think there is even a petition that was started to address the matters that many were complaining about .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

EDIT: Ha! YouTube took the video down! Case and point.
That second vid I posted has some vid caps of the original vid ,so a vid of the vid ...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Who is this guy? Why should we care? Honest question

Moreso, I have no clue to what initials WSJ even mean.
Nor, as you say, do I have any inspiration to search/find out.
People who speak in shorthand assume that we all do.

WJS is a pirate punk band from Somalia.
Or it could mean the Wall Street Journal.

Or is it the mirror image of SJW?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Speculating here, but the videos removal is likely because the guy behind the WSJ article whom h3h3 was pointing out to be fabricating screenshots - has probably complained that it was 'hate speech' or some other such bollocks. And that users were/are attacking him, which always happens and sadly makes the initial point of the argument diminished.

I'd say it's less about attacking, but hordes of very annoyed youtubers who now have to worry about how to pay the next bill, or about firing staff for the larger channels. I really feel for them especially with such heavy handed knee jerk tactics and moves being fought between old media and google. Google has to try and appease the whingers because they are draining blood right now, but at the end of the day its the thousands of end users who have come to rely on a pay check that take the brunt of this.

Dark days.

(editing, I was wrong on my speculation, h3h3 took the video down himself as new evidence has come forth that might discount his claims. At least he is honest in correcting any mistakes. The problem though still remains, papers are forcing Googles hand with these constant hit pieces and sensationalised stories found to fit a narrative. As I said, YT does need to improve its ad serving but it must be done carefully and gradually because there are now thousands involved who face ruin.)
edit on 2-4-2017 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You've seen Joe Exotic, right?
Guy is quite the YT character. This whole online thing is a runaway asteroid at this point. It's been surreal now for almost 5 months, and nothing is settling down or beginning to appear normal or healthy.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You've seen Joe Exotic, right?
No I have not ... You have peeked my interest now so I will have in a few moments /

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Here's what is happening up to now (see video, just uploaded minutes ago, sorry it's Scarce to say though). Seems video may have been monetised by someone else? Either way, the WSJ is hell bent (like other media) on destroying youtube, look at what they did to pewdiepie... But rather than keep up what may be untrue, h3h3 has made the video private for now. The WSJ can learn something from Ethan. I mean one of the authors of the pewdiepie hit piece saying he's a nazi, had in fact made his own joke about 'jews frying'. What happened to that guy? Nothing, still works there.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

WJS is a pirate punk band from Somalia.
Or it could mean the Wall Street Journal.

Well, considering the context, although I'd rather tha punk band from Somalia, the context drags me to the Journal! *__-
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: namelesss

Wall Street Journal.

So I have been informed.
Thank you! *__-

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Thank you. I am fairly well bewildered at this point. I had only started learning about online monetizing and individual affiliate marketing and youtubing-for-profit stuff. So, consider me a sophomore in that cohort.......

but it goes too fast. It's hard to keep up. You learn something, take a class, and then try....and within weeks, everything you learned and were doing becomes obsolete. It's the most cut-throat thing going. It's phenomenal.

I am working on community building, cottage industry start-ups, cooperative food-growing, recycling, etc. We're moving on ahead in this street.
Making do. Pooling our talents. Watching out for each other.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Irate and clueless. The new preferred stance of the Internet poster.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

^^
First to make it about Trump.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I understand completely. I wasn't trying to be critical of you in my posts just wanted to make sure it was clear what was going on.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

^^
First to make it about Trump.

I made it about a Trump supporter. I don't buy that he voted for Hillary. He's alt-right all the way.

ETA: I also very much support people being able to make careers from making videos and doing live streaming. That doesn't mean I have to blindly support all of them.
edit on 4/2/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The guy does youtube challenges and makes videos about roasting people, how does that make him "alt-right"?

Is it because he makes fun of fake news outlets that have been caught over and over again blatantly lying and taking everything out of context?

This is exactly why people are being pushed to the right. When you constantly label anyone that isn't towing the line as deplorable or alt-right, what do you think is going to happen?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't think ethan is alt right, I also happen to appreciate him offering his opinions and views. He did recently take that video down and uploaded a new video apologizing and stating why he removed the video claiming the WSJ shopped the pics.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

If you can be pushed into something by being 'labeled'... then you're weak. That's my opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join