It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st (taxpayer-funded ) sex reassignment inmate says women's prison is 'torture'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

From what I understand from the article is Shiloh Heavenly Quine who murdered someone in the early 1980's over $80 got a state funded sex change op, from a he to a her after a law suit to force the State of California to pay.
So now being a women she is skirted off to women's prison. She considers women's prison torture because of a a full beard, no shaver and she isn't getting the rehab that is necessary.

SACRAMENTO, Calif.

The first U.S. inmate to have taxpayer-funded sex reassignment surgery says she's been mistreated since being transferred to a California women's prison, where she now has a beard and mustache because officials have denied her a razor.

In a hand-written federal court filing, convicted killer Shiloh Heavenly Quine called her new housing at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla a "torture unit." She said she's unnecessarily isolated from other inmates and denied basic items.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

California settled a law suit to do the surgery and her lawyer is still fighting with corrections to get her rehab.

California settled her lawsuit in 2015 by agreeing to provide the surgery. The state then became the first to set standards for other transgender inmates to undergo the operation.

Her lawsuit also led a federal magistrate to provide transgender female inmates housed in men's facilities with items such as nightgowns, scarves and necklaces, though Quine's attorneys are still sparring with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation over the details.

edit on 22-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You would think if they spent all that money to make him a her, they would give her a razor to shave her face. Now they can spend more money on another lawsuit rather than $8 on a razor. That's government for ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Some would argue to be careful what you wish for....

Breaking down important bearers and being on the fore front of civil rights is a rough business. Beard stubble is a small price.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You would think if they spent all that money to make him a her, they would give her a razor to shave her face. Now they can spend more money on another lawsuit rather than $8 on a razor. That's government for ya.

They shouldn't have spent the money to make him a her in the first place.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

First off the state shouldn't have had to pay for a sex change for anyone, especially an inmate, and whatever judge ruled in his/her favor needs their butt kicked. Secondly, since the deed has already been done IF razors are provided at the women's facilities for all of the other inmates then they should be provided for him/her as well- but if not then sorry, no special treatment.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: reldra
Breaking down important bearers and being on the fore front of civil rights is a rough business. Beard stubble is a small price.

He murdered someone.

This ain't Ghandi we're talking about.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Yes also its unfair they don't give this person makeup and hair dye.

Also its not fair she doesn't have access to someone to do their nails.

And did you know they don't even have a decent selection of perfumes there? Don't get me started on the lack of botox injections!

What a travesty!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
state shouldnt have had to pay for this sex change in the first place..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
A razor has a blade which could be a weapon or used for suicide. Tough break Shiloh. It is prison after all.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Interesting situation, I don't believe the state should of paid for the swap, having said that she should get the same amenities as the rest..I dunno, do women prisoners get any grooming implements?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Whatever lawyer represented him to get the state to pay for removing his dangly bits should be disbarred.

What a trucking joke

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod do women prisoners get any grooming implements?

Yes.
But you wouldn't think so if you have ever seen a 1970's era womans prison movie.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
He is a lowlife criminal so why the hell was the state of California forced to pay for a sexchange? Let him rot in jail for all i care. Seriously killing someone for 80 bucks? You made your bed now sleep in it. What a f#cking piece of crap.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there. Wouldn't it have been easier, for "society" (social justice) to just "put him down" like a/the sick animal he is? Wrather than have to hear about his, continued delusions in prison and on social media? I'm just saying, if this freak and "civilization/society" was actually "dealt justice", this post wouldn't even exist and nobody would be out "tax dollars". I'm just saying, you can get "reassigned" all you want. But you/they're still just a mutilation of what is/was. Sitting in a henhouse,.. doesn't make one a chicken. That's why we have that word, mutilation... And funny, because Doctor's make BMW payments on that. Something that's queer and not at all right. ... I'm right, it would've been easier to just put a .22 cent hole, behind an ear and call it good! He's obviously no good for society or a prison population.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Tweezers? That's how it was handled before the razor. Takes much longer to grow back too...

I guess depending on security level or ones files; certain things are not allowed... if this person was ever on suicide watch then razors are likely going to be a no go.

I suppose it depends on the prison too.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

If I was ever imprisoned, I would tweeze every single hair out of my body. Out of boredom, self-punishment and so everyone would be forced to hear my screams for years on end. I'm including nostril hairs here.

On a less serious note, here is a link to a reddit with insight into how prisoners shave in jail.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

If you pull against the direction of growth that will hurt way more than with the direction of growth... so not like a bandaid is best. The link only seemed to show that there is no universal solution to such a thing... and well security level dependent when it is.

It honestly sounds like the inmate now wants the state to foot the bill for electrolysis... if she had "nads" however?

yes that was strictly for the sake of comedy as in gonads; and I am a complete bastard for stooping to such, seeing how transgendered are still fighting for rights... of course in this case the dead person this person is in bars for killing has no rights at all anymore so I honestly don't see how gender reassignment is rehabilitating this individual... perhaps just serve the time. Then worry about such personal things? I honestly don't get how the state of California owed the person a sex change, when the individual owes the state of California and victims family; otherwise they wouldn't be doing the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Haha! Thanks for the tip! And I agree - this person does nothing positive for transgender rights. Just a selfish leech scumbag murderer whose case projects negativity upon the cause of transgendered folks.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Whether the state should have paid for the surgery is moot now, isn't it?
They did pay, so why deny her the other help she obviously needs?
I bet it will cost a fraction of the original medical bill but going this way, I can see a law suit coming.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Well, yes that is being made the issue it seems; when the real issue is, when not behind bars California owes it's citizens, when behind bars the inmate owes California.

The state of California does not owe this person or any other inmate a damned thing except a clean safe place to serve their time with the basic care required for food, health, and hygene to not die while serving it. The gender one wants to be or feels like they are; is not a sickness... so how is The State of California responsible? The transgendered will tell you it is not a sickness that it is who they are; so it stands to reason that such a thing is not Californias responsibility seeing how it is not a sickness to be treated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join