It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treat Your Pets Like Children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some neighbors of mine treat their dogs like cattle.

Now, I realize that often dogs are used for nothing more than hunting, pulling sleds or guarding property. But I think we have GENERALLY evolved past that in modern society. My heart goes out to the innocent. The animals as well as the human children.

So my neighbors, they leave their dogs outside for 10 to 16 hours a day. This is within city limits. They only bring them in at night to keep people like me from calling the cops due to the incessant barking. They pay no attention to these dogs.

They don't walk them. The dogs never leave the property. There is very little ever in the way of interaction and play.
The 2 dogs are also mismatched in size. Sometimes the bigger 70lb dog holds the little 20lb dog down by it's throat for several minutes to assert dominance. The little one was recently was hobbling around on one hind leg and we can already guess there was no vet visit, bandage or probably even a kind word administered. Who knows if it was the bigger dog or someone even bigger that injured the little dog?

I've called the cops 3 times in the last year.. once for excessive barking, once for leaving them in a lightning storm and once for leaving them in freezing temps and crying to come in. Eh, I guess there was a ball game on.

Until there are laws against this redneck nonsense, I consider the human race a useless failure. And don't give me that crap about a plastic dog house. We made it to the moon, but we can't pass proper animal abuse laws?

How can humans be so good a feigning compassion, yet so poor at executing it? 'Evil Goin' On' like Howlin' Wolf said.
Why doesn't every animal control officer in America (and abroad) come together and confront congress about this nonsense?

Lazy ass SHIP OF FOOLS is all I can come up with.
Humans..... not impressed, my friends. Still not impressed.

edit on 22-3-2017 by DeReK DaRkLy because: sp

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My Cat is like a teenage girl..... she will grow and mellow later. Right now she's quite independent

except for 'luv' time, scratches and petting, she still thinks that is cool right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So I should also keep my pets under the stairs?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"Dog people" .......things change there. They say animals reflect their owners...? Here in NC. we have those who mistreat horses and cattle and let them fend for themselves all winter long. Bellowing starving cattle ........... I have bought round bales and dropped them over the fence to feed them at my expense. Just as certain requirements allow you to drive or fly or practice a profession, likewise some form of certification of husbandry should be required.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Until there are laws against this redneck nonsense, I consider the human race a useless failure.

What do you mean by "redneck nonsense" ?
edit on 22-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't understand why it's considered "abuse" to have an outdoor dog. Dogs are animals with a thick coat of fur to protect them, they're tough, they can withstand the cold and the weather quite well. I really doubt they mind.

My dog it an outdoor pet, he's outside 24/7, and he seems pretty happy to me. Hardly ever barks or whines. I'll bring him in for extreme weather or extreme below freezing temps, but other than that the backyard is his home.

I also play with him every day, give him at least one walk daily, visit the dog park a few times a week, and let him run off-leash in the woods a few times a week.

I guess I'm an animal abuser though, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Yeah, I'd like an answer to that little snipe too. That deserves a big F.Y.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Roxane, there is still wonder in this world.... look into the eyes of a child and you well see it sparkling..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

talorc you are not an animal abuser, you spend time with and play with your dogs, this posters neightbor from the description almost never plays with them and little one is injured, those dogs don't sound happy at all....can the poster call the animal control or the ASPCA instead of the cops

link   

delete triple post
edit on 22-3-2017 by research100 because: delted triple post

link   

deleted double post
edit on 22-3-2017 by research100 because: deleted double post

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd bring the dog(s) in the house and throw the kid(s) in the backyard.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

I pretty much agree with your sentiments.. But, I have to say I have met yuppies,that can't be bothered to house train theirdog and complain every time they have to clean up a turd...

So I felt the redneck remark a bit unfair..
The rednecks I know are proud to be called a redneck.. they also love there hunting dogs and generally treat animals with more respect then other sub genres of
our nations melting pot..

Otherwise spot on.. anyone who leaves their dog outside in sub freezing temperatures while it cries deserves to lose that dog.

My angel Delanea Agapita does not have that problem .... she sleeps with me under the covers..she is way cheaper than an electric blanket and not prone to combustion.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If my kid minded me as well as my dog.

I much prefer canines and equines to humans.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My little American Staffy/Boxer, I swear has a better life than a lot of humans . Her name is "Honey" as that was her name when I rescued her. She is the colour of dark honey with a personality sweeter than it too.

Most her food is cooked or fed raw from fresh Kangaroo very high in protein and low in fat. She would be a great guard dog if she ever slept outside at night, in the house it's always on a bed, and under a blanket in winter.

Her favourite pass time is driving around in my TJ Wrangler Heep, topless with the half doors off, especially in the bush looking out for said Kangaroos. Non stop wanting to jump out the doors to chase them. I try to explain to her that she "would not know what to do if she caught a roo as the ones she gets are cut up for her" or "if she was to catch a 5-6 ft one it would kick her arse". The big ones can knock people out, one small dog is no match for them ( a monster trained hunting dog with the right method of attack is diffrent ).

It was her 5th Birthday yesterday. So Happy Birthday to the most important animal in my life. Dog's and animals make me happier than people. They give more, need less and deserve to be treated with love and respect.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Honey sounds like my angel, except mine is not a rescue,her parents are owned by a friend of my fathers and my parents own Delanea's sister Bella.

I'm sure Honey knows how lucky she is too have you in her life. Mine has had it good from birth thankfully she will probably never realize how pampered she actually is.

One instance of ignorance really being bliss.

Respectfully,
~meathead

Also, Happy Birthday Honey!
edit on 22-3-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

My little houndie is the same way. Every night she needs to spoon me. She even acts up to get my attention when the wife is near me. If the lady changes into her nightgown and I'm in the room, she acts mental so I don't pay attention to the naked human in the room.
She's spoiled as hell and I'm fine with it.
That being said, she a German Jagt Terrier, and is more than capable of survival without me. Fearless hunting dog bred for hunting bear,boar and badgers without hesitation. I am a very serious hunter, but I don't hunt with dogs, so she tracks game for fun.

I will never understand why people have animals for companions if they don't want a companion. We treat all our animals like family.
Even our 6ft python and leopard gecko.

edit on 3222017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My kids are grown up so now I have cats...never ever have I had to bail one of my cats out of jail. Nor visit one of them in rehab. And everybody is a redneck at heart.
But yea, I treat my animals like people, with respect and compassion.
edit on 22-3-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yup,your hers,and she is just making sure you don't forget..

I had a female Rottweiler years ago and she would sleep between me and my ex. She was also very spiteful(the dog not the ex..lol) .one time she grabbed my MCO out of the bookshelf, just that book, and brought it into my bed and shredded it.. because I didn't take her to the corner store(it was raining)..

If you play chess you will know how heartbreaking it is to have your MCO with personal notes shredded...

This dog is really an angel though. She wouldn't hurt a fly, she's never been destructive and she is obedient , I have called her off a porcupine with one whistle..

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join