It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treat Your Pets Like Children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Until there are laws against this redneck nonsense, I consider the human race a useless failure.

I have to laugh at that. I live in the heart of Redneck country and have been labeled as such. I accept that title with honor, and you will not likely find a more creative and resourceful people anywhere on this planet. Most rednecks love their animals and treat them like family.

How much love, time, and attention do you think it took to build this relationship. I am willing to bet you the farm that dog would die for his owner and his owner would put his life on the line for his dog.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I always treat my animals like children. They are family! I feel bad for those poor dogs.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Your companion animal/s depend on you. Leaving them out, in either a city life in the backyard to guard or even on a farm without love and affection can cause not only behavioral issues as you witnessed, but can also shorten their lifespan due to the elements. Yes, some people keep their companion animals outside but also take care of them, a warm doghouse, come inside when it's way to cold or hot, don't have them tied up 24/7,etc.

There is a difference there, however it's clear what you're observing is abuse. Some states do not recognize animals to all the same extent when it comes to animal welfare-in some states a household "pet" is held no higher than a "farm animal" and can legally be dealt with as such. Outside of your local and or state jurisdiction there isn't much law enforcement can do if the state laws do not defend the species of animal that is being abused.

My best advice is contact your local Human Society and or ASPCA, they can often find ways to move beyond laws covered or not covered in states to help out dealing with extreme abuse.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yeah I know people have differing attitudes and approaches toward animals, but speaking solely for myself, I can't bear to leave an animal outdoors if it's clearly uncomfortable/suffering. I'm allergic to cats (much to my sorrow, as I grew up with cats constantly around, and miss them profoundly,) but even I have to let them in if it's raining out and they're crying at my door. I'd do the same for a doggy (I call them doggies - it's a habit,) but thus far this hasn't happened to me.

Every time I've done this, they are clearly grateful. Animals know what your intentions toward them are imo. If your intentions are good, barring their being afraid or threatened (protecting young, etc.) or feral or sick (or a big enough predator they might think you're food of course lol,) they seem to know and respond accordingly. (Even if that means I have to hit the benadryl afterwards and do the laundry lol.)

There are few things more pleasant and worthwhile than an animal that loves you, and that knows you love them too. At least imho.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
NightStar you are such a sensitive thing! Your picture was beautiful!

I totally disagree with leaving animals outside, but everyones circumstances are different. I'm not on a farm. While I've had dogs in the past and learned to love them I'm a "cat person" currently. Right now I have a couple and apparently have even been adopted by a feral one.

While this makes wild bird feeding problematic, irresponsible really, watching this little feral cat slowly warming up to me has been both slow and joyous. I'm going nuts cause I really want to get some flea treatment on her neck, but it's taken me five years to get her to trust me enough to stay on the steps as I put her food out. One wrong move and she's off like a shot.

While my inside kids have everything a kitty could want or need, and lots they didn't even know they needed! It's taken this long to get the outside kitty to accept a box-bed (used only on the most bitter nights) and for her to get brave enough to peep at me when she's deemed her mealtime "late".

She's an independent little cuss and altho she's getting older,she's still refusing a indoor home.
I respect her choices and will wait.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Talorc

delete triple post

I like this one best..

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy
Have you been to the city council meeting and proposed your idea of "proper animal abuse laws?"

If not, then that's part of the problem. If you have, and you have gotten to support from the council members, it sounds like it might be time to either vote new people in, or run for office yourself.

Good on you for calling the authorities in some those situations. In my city, excessive barking can get you fined, and people are not allowed to tether animals for extended periods outside.

That said, animals should not be treated like children, just like children should not be treated like animals. I have two dogs (live indoors with us, with a dog door to access the outside at will) and a rabbit, and we treat them as animals should be treated, but certainly not like human beings.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Awee sweet a family affair, do Bella and Delanea catch up and still have that sisterly bond? Do they have reunions with Mum & Dad too? What breed of dogs are they?

Funny the day I went to pic Honey up she just chose me and was so enamoured with me straight away at the front door. She was not quite 6months old at the time a family owned her, and she was happy to go, never looked back. The Mother had got her to bond and hopefully help her Autistic son. Alas he was to violent with her and she wanted Honey to have a better life than they could provide with four children and the sons behaviours. She certainly got the luck of the draw.

Thankyou for the birthday wish.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2017 by aliensanonymous because: Dbl post.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Sadly the dogs don't see their parents, they live four + hours away in Connecticut.

They do see each other every day though!
I live with my folks. Though they don't always get along,Bella (95 lbs) gets possessive of her toys and very protective of my mother,if delanea (40 lbs) gets to much attention Bella goes hulk mode.

I have a spinal cord injury so rather than risking further damage to myself we keep them mostly separated .

The mother and father were mix breeds too so its hard to tell you a breed. There is a lot of hound and some yellow lab in there.

Bella has the markings of a black and white spotted cow lol...which is fitting because she's built like a bull...long wiry coat..

Layna bear on the other hand was the runt of the litter and is built like a bird..she has the markings of a Doberman and short hair..

You would not think they were sisters..

I just wanted to commend you for providing a good home for honey, and the mother for recognizing it was a bad situation for the dog and choosing to give it a second chance..

To often dogs stay in those environments simply due to selfishness or ignorance of the owners and that is sad..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Awwwww, I am so happy the feral cat adopted you. I have rescued many cats through the years or adopted some. They are so amazing and unique. We currently have a 9 year old Siamese who thinks he is still a kitten. He is the biggest love bug ever! His owners had to find a home for him and they couldn't have found a better home if they tried. My Husband and I adore this kitty! He is certainly our child! =^.^=

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What a wonderful dog. Thank you for sharing that clip.I don't normally watch videos (I'm on a mobile) but I'm glad I took the time today.

That dog reminds me of my rott Gretta Von Housmarker. She took verbal commands understood the equivalent hand gestures as well as 5 whistle signals. I miss that girl everyday.

Thanks again for sharing that!

Reply to nightskybeforedawn

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 23-3-2017 by Mike Stivic because: apparently i hit comment and not reply

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
NightStar you are such a sensitive thing! Your picture was beautiful!

If I had to use three words to describe our nightstar they would be “Homemade Chicken Soup “ ...

The gentleness of her soul is only surpassed by the warmth in her heart.

I think I speak for the overwhelming majority of our community when I say not only does she bring the membership here closer together , she is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met digitally..

On topic

Dog,cat,bird,fish,arachnid,or reptile the bottem line is if you bring it home you should treat it with the love and respect any of mother earths occupants deserve..

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 23-3-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Dog,cat,bird,fish,arachnid,or reptile the bottem line is if you bring it home you should treat it with the love and respect any of mother earths occupants deserve..

I believe that is the way it should be even if you don't personally bring it home. I have a couple of critters show up on my doorstep asking for help. The latest being a tiny bunny that now lives under the bench in front of my porch.

I think the word has gotten around the local animal community that my home is the critter sanctuary. Owls, bunnies, goats, peacocks, turkeys, squirrels, horses, a donkey, a bull, just within the last 6 months or so have found their way here.

My dogs nor my cat, that thinks he is a dog, has ever tried to hurt any animal that showed up on the doorstep. They were curious, but they never attacked them.

I agree that we have a certain amount of responsibility for all Earthlings.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy
Treat Your Pets Like Children

(Treat your slaves like children?)
Even though they are NOT 'children';

"Do NOT do to others what you don't want done to yourself!" (Correct translation!)
All and everything/everyone is 'others', and all 'others' is 'Self!'!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

So very true!!!!!! I have a cat, a turtle and a beta. I provide them with care and much love. No matter how depressed I may get, they always bring a smile. Pets should be cherished.

Oh and...I can't thank you enough for the kind words. They touched me deeply. HUGS!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I prefer Cats to dogs. Cats take care of themselves for the most part, when they lick your face it doesnt feel like you just got attacked by a giant Cyclops with a drool problem, and they're quiet. Mine was.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I treat my 6 year old Golden Retriever like as if she's my own child and she knows it.

She eats better than me all organic foods, sleep on Serta beds that's probably better than my own mattress, she gets the best health care because she's better insured than I am. She gets dental cleaning every year while I don't. She gets In and Out (No Salt, No Sauce, No Cheese burgers) every time I eat it. I don't go on vacations unless my hotel/cabin/rental allows big dogs. If I ever leave her alone for 8 hours or possibly more, I leave her with Dog TV playing on YouTube on my television or I turn on the radio for her. During extremely cold days, I leave the house with a bit of heat on and on hot days, I leave the AC on at home just for her while no one else at home.

If I ever go broke, she'll get half of my blanket, half of whatever I can find to eat.

I don't ever treat my dog as a pet, I treat her as if she is my life mate. My wife gets super jealous at times, she often thinks that I treat the dog better than I treat her... lol..
edit on 3/24/2017 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join